Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 367 of 1199

Poppo immediately snatched an amulet from - Page 367 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Jul, 2017 - 5:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 367

Fay takes up where Mari stops, ... "Could be anyone or no one. We are quite the group of misfits it seems. The Silver Blaze?" Fay continues with a wry grin, "We could just as easily be the ruddy misfits." Then he turns serious again, "Aye, I shall be watching our two newest additions if let them join Geoffroy does. Someone once accused me of being too trusting, that shan't be the case here."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol smiles at Lia after she hugs him. HE starts to say something back only to be pushed aside by Faevalor as he pushes his way to her side to be protective over her as always. Cratol slides to the back ground and heads into the back room where he sits back from the table and listens as everything is being discussed. He watches everyone to see what actions and reactions they display.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Fay sees Cratol trying to get to Lia and moves aside, letting him in. As he does so, he congratulates him on his newfound family and inheritance, "Good on thee sir. I heard of yer good fortune. I know what it like to be missing family, or at least I know what 'tis like to miss part of yer family. I hope finding them brings you as much joy as finding Lia has brought to me."

Out of Character: Fay was not pushing his way to Lia's side. Nor would he try to push anyone in the group out of the way to get to her in a setting like this. Although he would get between Lia and Velon… but now that is all in good natured fun. Fay is watching with interest the relationship between Velon and Lia. Fay may be protective of Lia but that is of her life, other aspects of her life are hers to live and Fay now realizes that. She's old enough to make good decisions… or poor decisions and I'm not saying which is which! wink.gif.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 367 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Silas looks rather amused at Poppo's gushing. "The text was just a simple illusion, the trick not many learn is how to cast such a spell without words or gestures. As to the recording disc, I have a blank one you can take with you if you wish."

"But that is not why we are here. Ever since you ousted the cult cell near Greenest, my mate and I have been rushing all over Faerun, putting out fires and helping chase down other cultists before they went to ground. Unfortunately, this kept my attention away from another duty of mine. Cultists raided my home and took several items from a protected vault. One in particular concerns me, an artifact from the great dragon wars in which Tiamat was defeated and bound."

"Tiamat created several masks for her humanoid followers' use. They grant great power to those individuals, not least of which is a direct connection to the goddess herself. After the war, most of the masks were recovered and hidden away. I was entrusted with the care of the Black Dragon Mask after its previous caretaker passed away. It was this item the cult was after."

"I have traced the thieves, but have run into a problem. There is apparently a cult base in the ruins of Castle Naerytar, which was long ago claimed by the Mere of Dead Men. The problem for me is not the mere itself, but who rules it. A pair of twin brothers, ancient black dragons whose mastery of magic well exceeds mine. They have warded the entire swamp, if I or any true dragon sets so much as a wingtip within, they will know exactly where. My mate and I could probably prevail over one of them, but not both, and to gather more of my kind would violate the treaty negotiated after the war, which would invite devastation."

"This is where I hope you are willing to come in. A small but capable team should be able to make it to the cult base and retrieve the artifact, and hopefully disrupt whatever they are doing there as well. I can distract the brothers so they are not a threat, but the other dangers of the swamp, I am afraid you will have to deal with."

Out of Character: For context, the war Silas speaks of between the forces of Bahamut and Tiamat devastated the world. A treaty was negotiated afterwards, mostly it prevents dragons on either side from engaging in conflict in numbers.

The Mere of Dead Men, or Merdelain as it was once known by the elves, is a vast saltwater swamp a relatively short distance north of the city you are in. Its newer name is well earned, as it is the resting place of huge numbers of soldiers from old battles, and the swamp itself is infused with the power of an old god of Death, Myrkul. The result being, in addition to the usual dangers of a fell swamp, swarms of mindless undead wander the region.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay's jaw drops open. "You want us to infiltrate a swamp full of undead, break into a place of which we have very limited knowledge of the precautions these two dragons have put in place, and then count on you who we have just met to keep these two very powerful and probably very ancient black dragons occupied while we slip into their lair. This sounds like suicide. Perfect job fer us. I'm in. Amillë, you of course cannot come… oh and I recommend Velon lead the group by at least two hundred paces to give us a chance to react" Fay deadpans. Upon seeing the scowl on Lia's face he smiles at her revealing the joke in what he said.

Fay continues, "Before we go, do you know what any of the wards or guards are that may be or are in place? Is there ought else you can tell us of the dangers we may face? Is there anything you recommend we take with us on this quest? Lastly, it appears the skills of our new friend Sir Tomb Raider and his easily disguised associate will be greatly needed here. I hope you two be trustworthy, for trust in you we must I fear."

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Poppo suddenly gets very quiet and his face blanches at the mention of the undead in the swamp. He listens very carefully to the instructions but does not say anything. Instead, he watches the more senior members of the group and awaits their input on the mission they have been tasked with. He begins to absent-mindedly rub a medallion he wears around his neck.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 367

Silas grins at Fay's response, "Oh, could you pick up a few beholder eyes while you're at it? I'll need them fresh, so you might have to wrangle a few live specimens."

"In all seriousness, I am afraid I don't have much information on the conditions at Castle Naerytar. On the other hand, the two dragons in question do not lair there, and I rather doubt they've put their talents towards defending the place."

"You see, Voaraghamanthar and Waervaerendor have never been particularly loyal to anything save each other and the defense of their territory. I suspect they only allow the cult to operate there due to hefty bribes."

"That doesn't diminish the other dangers of course. The undead are a very prevalent threat. There's also various beasts, shambling mounds, Bullywugs, there were even a few rumors of Aboleths in times past. About the only group that won't necessarily be hostile would be the few druids that live in the area, and the lizardfolk, though I wouldn't count on peaceful relations with either. Oh, and if you see a Behir, keep Velon downwind, it might ignore you if it doesn't smell dragonkin."

"Let's see, what else. There's a former wizard's tower not far from the Castle that you might stumble on, it looks inviting compared to the swamp, but I'd suggest avoiding it. The area is soaked with chaotic magic, there's no telling what could happen in the area, especially if someone tries to cast a spell."

"As to preparations, I've arranged for light skiffs to be left for you near the swamp's edge. They should let you travel much more easily than by foot. Don't even try to take horses in there. I also have these,"

Silas tumps a bag out onto the table, it contains a large number of amulets. "Once activated, these will help hide you from mindless undead. It won't work if you get too close, won't help one bit against wraiths and vampires, and will burn out after about a month of use. But if you avoid running into packs of zombies, they should keep most of them off your back."

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 367

Poppo immediately snatched an amulet from the table and quickly put it on. "Better too early than too late, I always say."
He then returns to his quiet position letting others handle the discussion.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.