Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 369 of 1199

Fay chimes in and says, "I agree with - Page 369 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Jul, 2017 - 3:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 369

"Oh Faevalor, I'm touched" Velon says sarcastically. "Yes I was thinking I'd stay a bit closer as per Lady Lia's instructions for her spell."

"Silas, you say Tiamamat was bound in the mask. Could the cult release her before we can retake it? The artifact sounds powerful as is, but I assume it would be unwise for one to try to wield it during our escape? Also, I assume there is a reason it cannot simply be destroyed if we are cornered or captured? Any particular instructions for touching and transporting it?"

He continues "How many days do you anticipate the longer route to be? Can anyone here communicate with Bullywugs? I'd prefer the shorter route and do not fear them, but I'd hate to slaughter them if they are innocent beyond simply protecting their territory."

"Lastly, any word on the specifics of this cult, such as the identity of their leader? Have you seen any sign of Cyanwrath in your recent travels?"

Out of character: Sorry, so many questions to ask!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay hears Velon and sarcasm in his voice with surprise, especially after Fay showed concern. He begins to say something but thinks better of it and simply ignores Velon's sarcastic tone.

Instead, he looks at Silas and asks one last question, "This mission be more important than any one of us methinks. In the past we have come into contact with a magical implement that allows for instant teleportation. In the event we face certain doom and but one of us can survive or mayhaps even none of us, is there such a device you could provide or know of where one may be? This so, before doom befalls us all we can send this artifact to safety and out of Tiamat's servants clutches."

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oswald perks up at Fay's words. "That is right. That is an important question. Are we getting additional supplies for this mission? I could use a resupply of rations and a few choice items that would greatly improve my gear."

He turns towards Silas. "Plus it will help aid the story that we are hired to search the Undermountain. People seeing us shopping for supplies for an extended trip." He puts all of his charisma in a smile to persuade Silas.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 14th Jul, 2017 - 9:48pm

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 369 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Silas looks at Velon, "Hmm? Oh, no, Tiamat is bound in the Nine Hells, not contained by any object on this plane. Since the mask is based on her power, it might serve as a conduit for a ritual designed to free her, but if I know anything about such, they will need a lot more than that one artifact. They can however do a great deal of damage with it if it is properly awakened, which is reason enough to go after it."

"As to destroying it, artifacts of that type tend to be difficult to destroy permanently. If the right method is not employed, they'll reform, usually within reach of someone the item's creator would want to have it. Destroy the mask if you must, just be aware that it is only a delaying tactic, and we may have difficulty finding the new owner. Some of my peers did divine a ritual which would destroy it for good, but my understanding is it requires a notable portion of blood from an avatar of Tiamat. So that option is out of reach for now."

"As to using the mask yourself, it is in some respects an extension of Tiamat's will on this world, I suspect that the best outcome of such an attempt would be it simply not working for you. I think it more likely that the mask would harm or kill an enemy of the dragon queen who put it on."

"In regards to the Bullywugs, a few might speak common, though I'd be surprised. I would prefer that you avoid needless slaughter, but you should know the tribe in question is far from innocent. They've been killing travelers on the road between here and Neverwinter for decades. They claim a fairly large section of the swamp, and it butts up against several other dangerous areas, going around them all would take nearly a week's travel."

"According to a cultist I interrogated last month, this sect is headed up by someone named Wyrmspeaker Rezmir. I was unable to obtain much of use on her, save that she is a half black dragon, and the daughter of Voaraghamanthar. Far from a close relationship from what I understand, but it might explain how she was able to open up negotiations with the kings of the mere. No, I have not had word of Cyanwrath, I'm afraid my attention has been focused elsewhere."

In response to Fay's question, Silas sighs and says. "Teleportation was never a strong talent of mine. There is a porter mage employed by this city, he may be able to provide something, though it is likely to be expensive."

In response to Oswald, "Certainly, I wasn't speaking of leaving right this instant, getting supplies would be quite prudent. As a suggestion, you may wish to look into prevention and cure for poisons and disease. Plenty of both where you're headed I am afraid. I do however suggest some caution while outside of this room, say little of where you're going rather than trying to make up tales."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 14th Jul, 2017 - 10:48pm

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Believing that his pursuasion worked, he puts out his hand, expecting a bag of coins to be placed in it.

He has obviously misread the room and after a few moments slides his hand back and reddens a little in the cheeks as he quietly waits for a better time to ask about pre-mission payments.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 14th Jul, 2017 - 11:07pm

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mari smiles back at Jharen but her eyes are daggers. " I suppose trust you two we must. I will watch you at all times though. It's not far to go from a spy to a double spy after all. " She unsheathes her dagger and studies it very casually.

Upon Geoffroy's compliment Lia smiles. " Thank you Geoffroy. I'm glad someone noticed. " As the discussion go deeper into the planning stage she speaks up. " I think that we should take the quickest route. Speed is of the essence. As to riding in a skiff and trudging through the swamp. You might do that but as for me I think I'll fly. Velon, don't always count on my spell aiding you. It only lasts for about an hour and I can't keep casting it on you. I will save it for big battles where your brawn will truly be needed. " Lia grins at the paladin.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Jul, 2017 - 12:08am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jul, 2017 - 1:26am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 369

The Quiet Shadow says...

"All this seems like a good plan, and I agree the quickest route the better even if it isn't the safest. I feel having to face bullywugs would be better then many of the threats," Geoffroy says, processing the information and all that was being con over though his focus was more on the main mission and route then figuring out how to destroy the mask at the moment.

Still, he will offer this, "Lets first try and get the artifact before spending too much time figuring out what to do with it. What is important is making sure it doesn't get into the claws or hands of Tiamat's servants." Yet, despite such words he made a mental note to discuss such later.

Continuing, Geoffroy will say with a smile as a certain confidence raises, "We should prepare though, and not spend too much time here so as to avoid suspicion. We can gather supplies in case of poison or disease and then begin as if we are taking the Undermountain mission that will be our cover." The cleric looks Velon, unsure if he was at the point where the man could help with such.

Looking to the two newcomers he says, with slight focus on Oswald, the Morningliege says, "I agree though I feel we are very much covered when it comes to facing undead, and have found that I can turn undead very well. With the Harpers sending you, spy or not, I will trust for now you good intent and welcome you." Geoffroy considers what else he may say to them but decides that could do for now.

Finishing, he will offer, "Glad we have questions being asked, better to have more information then not enough." Geoffroy offers of soft prayer to Lathander that it will be enough.

Out of Character: That was a lot to go over, even though I posted around noon or so, but I think I got most of it. Also Robertreaper, talk to the Dungeon Master of a certain feat I got for Geoffroy as it could be helpful when it comes to facing undead.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 15th Jul, 2017 - 1:33am

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 369

Fay chimes in and says, "I agree with the shortest route. Let us take that road and be done with it sooner rather than later."

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.