Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 371 of 1199

Jharen gives out a discreet but clearly audible - Page 371 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Jul, 2017 - 6:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 371

Cratol stands up and leaves the room. He goes to the common room of the inn. He nods to the others and step outside to the back of the inn where he will practice some his moves and meditate while doing it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: Kyr just got a message for Mari's conversation with Silas. In the meantime, if you guys wanted to get the rest of the shopping out of the way, go ahead

In Character: The group finds a gemcutter willing to pay 1,400 gold for the raw emerald.

On asking around about disease/poison items, the group finds that potions to cure disease or poison can be had for 100 gp apiece. A Periapt of health is also available for 500, which would prevent the wearer from contracting disease, or suppress the effects of a disease if already present. A similar amulet can be had for poisons, but it is priced at 2,500.

The local porter mage is willing to sell you a basic scroll of Teleportation Circle. It is not quite as powerful as the one Azbara gave Cyanwrath's group, but it will suffice to evacuate your entire group, with a few others if need be. He can key it to any permanent Circle you like, most large cities have one. He is charging 2,000 gp for the scroll. (Note, the scroll is usable by bards, sorcerers, and wizards).

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Before leaving, Oswald makes sure to ask Silas; "At most, how long should we expect this quest to run; for buying supplies."

As the group heads towards the shops, he makes sure to mention; "I'd really benefit from a longbow if it was possible to slip it into the budget." He mutters to himself; "I would love a breastplate too"; though he knows that's something he'll have to save up for.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 371 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

During Poppo's latest speech regarding marrying Lia, Velon looks at her and mouths "I LOVE HIM" with a grin, indicating just how entertained he is by Poppo.

Velon will wait outside for his turn to speak with Silas. When buying supplies he'll grab two of the 100g potions for the group, and would encourage Blaze members and loyal friends to all share the cost of the teleportation scroll. Even if not on this quest, surely they'll get into a jam eventually and will be glad to have it. He'd insist that one of the original members not prone to wandering off, such as Lia, hold it however.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: I don't think we have enough for the teleportation scroll even if we pooled all our money. I know Fay spent just about all his coin.

Upon exiting Fay finds a safe place to keep his amulet. He turns to find Cratol going outside. Fay follows him and watches him exercise. When Cratol is done Fay looks at him and says, "So tell me about yer trip and exploits. I think 'twould make a fine tale to put to music or verse."

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cratol will tell Faevalor of his exploits as he found his family and freed his family's home land. He does not go into too much detail and he leaves out a lot of his own heroics telling Faevalor it was another that did it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jul, 2017 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 371

The Quiet Shadow says...

After getting the gem exchanged for coin, so that they could put it to use for supplies, Geoffroy will wonder out loud though more privately, enough for his companions could hear, "I wonder if this come from Silas' personal horde or if he just had the gem on hand." The cleric listens to the conversations going on around him.

Considering the potions which would cure poison and disease, with that of the periapt of health for preventing disease, Geoffroy shakes his head before looking to the others saying, "We can all check the coin we have to see if perhaps we have enough." He checks his coin purse, seeing a little over 500 gold pieces within.

Continuing, he says, "Personally though I feel each of us should have at least one of each potion, that way if something serious come up it can be cured of such." Geoffroy pauses for a moment before offering his thoughts, "A scroll of teleportation circle could be helpful, but if we botch the mission so badly we have to flee, it will mean we probably won't have a second chance to try again."

Geoffroy sighs, before finishing his train of thought, "Fleeing may save our life, but the element of surprise will be lost. We may not even be able to go back a second time, and by that point they may even already have it." Still, the Morningliege will not deny having the scroll on hand wouldn't be important, he didn't want to see any of his companions killed.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 15th Jul, 2017 - 6:32pm

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 371

Jharen gives out a discreet but clearly audible whistle as Silas pulls out the huge emerald from his purse.

"Being employed by mysterious and immensely rich warriors has its advantages, no doubt !", he thinks to himself, as he can't help wondering how much more of these the so-called 'Silas' keeps in his breeches

(Out of Character: Daishain, I'm not sure if Jharen knows that Silas is in fact a dragon in human form… hasn't been mentioned to him directly in any case, but maybe the Harpers or one of his contacts passed on the information ?)

As the companions gather outside the room to wait for the private interviews to go through, he makes a quick mental calculation and shares his thoughts with the others: " Okay, I agree with Geoffroy on the matter of the potions: one antidote and one cure-ailments each would be optimal. Considering there are a grand total of 10 of us - by Myrkul, it is a big ol' gang we have here, isn't it ? - that would mean 20 potions, so about 2000 gold ducats, which is no small sum by any means, even with this jewel the size of an egg… !". Once again, Jack eyes the emerald in Geoffroy's hand appreciatively. He remains thoughtful for a minute before turning to Poppo:

"Tell me, little master, you seem like someone who would know a little more than just the art of cooking and talking off the ears of a deaf troll… Let's be honest, I know a magic-user when I see one: what would you know about the use of the periapts of health ? Do they require attunement ?". On seeing the curiosity on some of the others' faces he clarifies:"The thing is, if we can buy one periapt of health and pass it on whoever requires its magic, that would save us the need to buy potions of cure-ailments, am I right ?"

Out of Character: so Daishain, is he right ?
One more thing, since Geoffroy's sister hasn't been mentioned, Jack left her out of the equation when counting the members of the group.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 15th Jul, 2017 - 7:00pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.