Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 374 of 1199

Velon shakes his head at the argument over - Page 374 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Jul, 2017 - 4:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 374

Out of Character: This is not a general conversation. Fay is talking quietly to Lia so Oswald isn't part of it. If I didn't write that in the beginning I should have. Sorry for not being specific enough. But since you responded I'll have Fay answer.

Fay looks at Oswald and replies quietly, "I made quite sure there was no one around to hear and was speaking in low tones. Never shush me again. You may choose to trust Silas, I do not. I trust that he will try, I do not trust that he will succeed. And if we do not plan fer the worst, ye can bet the worst is exactly what will kill us all. Ye say we'll 'only' be stealing from their territory… good gods man, we'll be stealing from the territory of two dragons and ye say 'only' like 'tis a merry stroll through the gardens of Athkatla in Amn."

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 16th Jul, 2017 - 2:46pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poppo listened to Silas' words and was quiet for a moment before answering, "I know that I didn't respond well when you mentioned the undead. My master Elwin was slain by undead."

Poppo looked down at the table almost like he was staring through it as he spoke again, "We were travelling on our way back to Baldur's Gate after helping a local farmer with a troublesome group of kobold when it happened."

Poppo began to play his finger on the table like it said map, "We had made camp for the night at a frequently used site off the road sheltered on either side by small hills. It had begun to rain and our fire had sputtered out. Master Elwin tried to cast a spell to give us a shelter and nothing happened. Then we saw them; zombies, skeletons, ghouls cresting the hills and surrounding us. On the hill across the road, untouched by the swarming undead, was a large black horse. Blackest I had ever seen. A cloaked figure sat up in the saddle. The only feature I could make out were two points of icy cold light where eyes should have been."
Poppo continued to stare at the table, his fingers had stopped their tracing and reached to the medallion around his neck that he held out to show Silas," Master Elwin pulled this off and put it around my neck and told me to keep it safe. To find heroes to work with, that there was safety in numbers. Then he said some word I can't remember and suddenly I was down the road outside of the undead that surrounded our camp. I watched as the creatures swarmed him and tore him apart."
Poppo looked up at Silas, his eyes moist with tears," I wasn't able to save my Master but I will honour his last command. I will carry on his work and fight evil wherever it is found. One day, I will find this… thing that killed my Master and I will make it pay."

Blinking away his tears, Poppo straightened up and said,"When the time comes, the group can count on me. I will not fail you, sir."

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

A serious look comes to Oswald's face. He looks Fay in the eyes and says just loud enough for the group to hear; "I was shushing everyone talking about the mission. And if I ever shush anyone, there is a damn good reason for that so I'd suggest you listen."

"There are no spells out here; even whispering about the mission wouldn't be wise." He looks around. "I am not taking this mission lightly. This quest started the moment I woke up this morning and I don't want us starting it off wrong."

He steps back from Fay. "I hope you are listening."

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 374 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Jack suddenly appears next to Fay and Oswald, wrapping a friendly but firm hand around each of the men's shoulders as he grins at each of them in turn and gives out a battle-roar in a mock-imitation of an old soldier:

"There, there, my ferocious mutts of war ! We are indeed starting our adventures together and so 'tis together that we will travel, and together that we will fight and die if need be, arhhahhar !"

He then grows more serious as he adds: "There'll be plenty of opportunities to show our bravery and earn each-other's respect on the battlefield, gentlemen. I suggest that we leave our valiant leaders with the hard decisions of how many potions to stuff in our haversacks and other such poppycockery, as we await our employer's final words with a mug of frothy something clasped firmly in our tiny mittens. What do you say ?"

He winks at them mischievously as he points his thumb towards the bar.

" Oz, you must have heard my story about the drunk trapped in a ring of Mind Shielding ? Yes ? Well, I'll tell it again, then… Unless you'd like to regal Master Baronsson here with your exploits in the old King's Tomb, I'm sure he'd be curious to know more about your special skills, wouldn't you, Fay ? Mistress Lia, this dress is absolutely stunning and you wear it with the most exquisite grace, but I'll have to leave your extravangantly sensual presence for now and borrow your son for a little while: he has an appointment with a tankard of Old Coast Brew, you see… "

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 16th Jul, 2017 - 3:21pm

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oswald forces a smile and looks up to Amber Jack. He sighs before saying. "Sadly that quest would be a poor representation of my current skills, and this is my first quest of substantial note since my training at the temple."

He pats Jharen on the back. "I see what you are doing and I appreciate it; but now is not the time for stories and tales. There are more pressing things to do." He says and then continues to walk towards the shops.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Silas observes the halfling for a moment, then says, "Sounds like it might have been a lich. I think I will have some of my people look into it, a new tyrant of death should not be ignored. I can guarantee nothing you understand."

"In any case, that is what I needed to hear. I am sure you will do well. Before you go, is there anything you needed of me?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 374

Fay eyes Oswald as he leaves, no expression on his face, his thoughts masked.

Fay looks at Jack and gives him a sincere smile. "Thank ye fer the offer. A tankard or three of ale always be good. Do me good to get me mind off our impending death" he adds with a grin. Fay walks towards the bar chatting amiably with Jack, "So tell me, how would ye prefer to be buried… "

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 374

Velon shakes his head at the argument over Fay discussing mission specifics outside of Silas's wards, but holds his tongue.

He will hold off on purchases until the group decides on what to do with the1400gp. He would suggest "Let's decide how many potions we want as a group and divide up the rest evenly for our own individual supplies, shall we?" "Perhaps a couple of us could persuade the seller to give us a discount for buying several."

Out of character: Perhaps one high Charisma character could provide the Help action to another high Charisma character to get the group a discount. Surely if we do it often enough we'll come out ahead.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.