Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 376 of 1199

Velon looks in wonder at the heartscale. "Master - Page 376 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jul, 2017 - 3:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2017 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 376

Sitting next to Fay, Jharen notices his colleague's hand-cant at the other end of the bar and acknowledges him with an imperceptible nod and a calm blue-eyed stare as he cheers a toast with the half-elven Bard Lord.

" So you're already ready to bury me, eh Master Baronsson ? ". He looks at Fay with an amused look which quickly becomes a lot more serious as he brings his tankard down on the bar. " I've always fancied myself as a reasonably cautious and capable fellow, you see, which should greatly increase the chances of any of you not having to face this sort of conundrum any time soon."
He wipes the froth from his lips before adding with a belch: "At least let's hope so, eh ?"

" I have made a little research on all of you lot, and my sources tell me you're quite the force to be reckoned with. 'Not too shabby in a fight', they said, 'A burning wit and an even hotter temper' is another thing they said… tell me, you won't be cross at my young colleague's zeal, will you ? He does not exactly have my natural diplomacy and overflowing charm, without even mentioning my boyish good looks, but he's a good sort, I assure you. "

He puts his back to the bar, leaning on it with both elbows and seemingly watching a fly on the ceiling as he discreetly but efficiently scans the room,before adding between his teeth: " And he's right about one thing: you can never be too paranoid about spies. Trust someone who knows, the wee buggers are every-whicha-where. Look, the sad truth is you may think and be utterly convinced you can detect them yourself, but at the end of the day they are being paid for one reason: so people like yourself can't find out about them." He shrugs philosophically: " which is why you need people like me: it takes one to know one, if you get my drift".

Satisfied with his examination, he winks at Fay before reaching for a spot in thin air behind the bard's left ear, then opening his hand to reveal a small piece of parchment with a short message scribbled on it:

' The Silver Blaze has been spied on by at least two different groups including the Zentharim ever since their arrival in Waterdeep '

Jack grins at Fay behind his mug: "Don't worry, you don't have to swallow the parchment, you can just give it back to me. Cheers, Milord, don't look so glum ! I don't care what they say about your temper, suits me fine. If you're half of what they say you are, none of us shall need a coffin, at least not this time around… Plus, we have mighty Poppo to save us all, now. "

He waves the halfling towards their corner as he sees him leaving the meeting room, an unusually somber look on his puckered face.

Out of Character:
- Perception check to scan the room for danger or unusual interest for their group,
- Sleight Of Hand for his little flourish with the scroll.

Hopefully no-one will be intrigued by Jharen sudden change of appearance from Jakubos to Amber Jack (Or even make the connection between the two), but for the sake of precaution we can assume he used his disguise again before entering the common room.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 17th Jul, 2017 - 2:12am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2017 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poppo exits the meeting with Silas and catches Amber Jack waving him over. Immediately, a smile appears on his face and he makes his way over to where they are seated.

"Hey guys! What are you doing? Having an ale? Do they have any special ales here? I haven't had any special Waterdeep ales yet. We should get some food too. Always nice to have good food before you have to eat rations all the time. Do you think monsters have rations? Do they make like dried human jerky or elf bread? I've always wondered if they have any special recipes. My ma makes a really good rooster stew. It doesn't really have rooster in it. Well, it did once. My pa hated the rooster because he crowed all the time. Always making noise. Can you imagine something that wouldn't shut up no matter what you said or did? Anyway, my pa sent the rooster to its end so ma decided to cook it up in a stew. He tasted pretty good. I don't think the hens were happy though.... "

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2017 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Fay reads the note and hands it back, a smile plastered to his face… "What temper?" He takes a portion of the money given him the night before when he was singing and buys another round for Jack, Oswald, and himself. As he sees Poppo head over he adds another ale… "And a tankard of your best Waterdhavian ale for my talkative friend here" Fay adds. Looking at Poppo he says, "It be their special brew."

17th Jul, 2017 - 3:29am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 376 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy gives a look of disbelief and amusement, before saying to Poppo, "You are an excitable one, quite talkative as well. I might advise slowing down your questions a bit." The Morningliege consider the wizard for a moment, wondering what to make of him.

Finally, Geoffroy decides to answer a few of the questions asked, "On monsters and rations, perhap a few. Some may have more basic meals such as simply putting it over a fire or eating it rough, while some may actually having their own cooking traditions.... Still, I would rather not think to deeply on such." The cleric wonders how such ideas came into his head, human jerky and elf bread.

Still, at the very least he was likely to find Poppo's company entertaining/ Hopefully though his excitability or chatterbox tendencies didn't get them into trouble later.

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2017 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia savored the fruity taste of her wine. She enjoyed the calm and quiet of the room. The elf knew it would be some time before they experienced that again. Glancing at Fay and the two newcomers all seemed well so she looked around the room curiously. Even though Fay had expressed great concern about the mission she was confident that they would succeed. They always did. Looking down at her amulet she smiles. They were all blessed by Sune. Touching her amulet she says a silent prayer of protection to Sune.

Mari still paced around anxiously. Uncertainty was written upon her face. She felt that someone had been watching her for some time in these streets. Trusting her instincts even though she couldn't pick out who it was she headed back to the inn. Both hands held on to the pommels of her twin short swords. After a few minutes she breathed a sigh of relief as the inn grew visible up ahead. Walking in on cat's feet she looked at Lia. She was about to go speak with her but at the last moment changed her mind. Mari then began walking towards Fay but seeing the two newcomers surrounding him her face wrinkled up in annoyance. She whirled in mid stride and headed out of the room towards her personal room. Her mind was racing with all that she had found out in the last little while.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th Jul, 2017 - 4:33am

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2017 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Oswald accepts the drink with a smile and a nod of appreciation. When the coin amount if finally decided and his 89 gold is handed to him; he takes a moment to dig through his bag of holding until he finds a small black box with a slit upon it's locked lid. He counts out 9 coins and slips them into the box before placing it back into the bag.

"Thank you very much." He says to no one in particular; and then he gets up, downs the drink, and continues towards the shops.

He stops at a general store that he knows sells weapons and gear. He heads in and straight over to the bows. He finds a quality longbow, great weight, good grip. It'll need to be worn in, it's still a bit stiff to draw, but it'll do the job well.

He walks up to the shopkeep and places the longbow and 50gp on the counter. When the clerk starts to reach for the money, Oswald holds up a finger for the man to wait a moment. He then pulls his shortbow out and places it on the counter as well.

"You can see that this bow has been worn, but it has also been well taken care off. It has been tested and trusted countless times and it is of great quality." He starts pointing out things in the room. "I'll take a bedroll, two full quivers, 30 days rations and a sack to put that all in."

He flashes a smile, like Amber Jack taught him to, and turns on the charm. "You can easily get a sell on this bow; heck you can even charge more since it is a trusted adventure weapon, and because you witnessed it being blessed by a cleric of Lathander."

Oswald places a hand on the bow and another on his holy symbol. He says a prayer of safe travels and protection for the bearer of this bow. "This bow has helped lead me to your light, Lathander please watch over those who hold this weapon, and help guide them to the light, as you have done for me. In the dawn, beauty reigns, and the way is clearer."

Out of Character: Persuasion to get/barter the trade. Religion to attempt to gain Lathander's blessings of protection on the item.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 17th Jul, 2017 - 4:45am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2017 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 376

Fay sees Mari head towards him, sees her spin, an annoyed look on her face. He quickly makes excuses to his companions and heads her way. He doesn't reach her until she is actually in her room. He hesitates, "She asked fer space" he thinks. Then he remembers the look.

He taps lightly on the door, "Mari. M'Lady. 'Tis Fay and powerful sorry I be to disturb thee. But I noticed thee looking like ye needed to speak to me. Was I right in that? I shall leave thee be if 'twas simply me imagination."

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2017 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 376

Velon looks in wonder at the heartscale. "Master Irdeith, thank you for this gift. I hope I am worthy." After a pause, he continues "I hope my instincts do not fail to find it's purpose." "Perhaps Bahamut will aid me in this, or the instincts I inherited from Glorfindel. To be honest, I'm still learning to tell the difference between my own instincts, the influence of Glorfindel, and the guidance provided by Bahamut. In the end I hope it matters not, as I am happy to have finally found the purpose they have given me. I will do all I can to serve you well, in this task and any other you need of me. I hear you are one of action and are perhaps in the minority on this, so I feel very fortunate that you have found me. I am compelled to action in Bahamut's name, and probably do not have the time to wait out problems that some of the dragons do. I do hope to remain loyal to the Blaze, too, however, as long as their purpose also remains true. They feel like family already and I feel we can count on them to help our cause."

"That reminds me," Velon continues. "I hope you and the other dragonblood do not take offense to my jovial nature. When I was young I was orphaned and very poor, and it made me feel better to make the other children laugh a little. This was how I handled tough times. I lost it for a while during the horrors of military conflict and the venture from my home land, but am happy to find it again with my newfound purpose and the friendship of the Blaze. Do not think I take everything going on lightly; the image of the women Tiamat's followers did such horrible things to still haunts me at times."

"There is so much I want to ask you, I don't know where to start. There is learning more of Bahamut, or learning to use my magic, what is expected of me as a dragonblood, how to be sure the compulsion that drives me is always true, the councel, our enemies, etc. If there is anything more you could teach me in our short time here, may I ask what it may be?"

Before leaving the room at the end of this conversation, Velon will tuck the pouch and scale in the safest place he can, perhaps under his armor if it will fit, removing a bit of padding if necessary. He will not tell anyone of this.

Out of Character: If Fay or any high Charisma character did want to try to barter for a lower price on potions for the group, Velon will Help during the shopping portion of everything going on right now. I'll take 88 gold and let's distribute the potions amongst the group otherwise.
Edit: Since we are doing a lot in different timelines during this prep day, I'll add that Velon would cast Detect Magic on his heartscale, perhaps later that night in his room when it is safer, to learn the school of magic it holds. Also, he would cast Divine Sense while at the inn just before or after his meeting with Silas. He's curious if Silas registers as 'powerful good' or if anyone else within 60ft registers as strong evil or good.

Also, during discussions of supplies, Velon would try once more to convince the group that a scroll of teleportation would surely benefit the Blaze, whether it be on escaping this mission after getting the mask or in some future predicament they may find themselves in. He would offer that he has been saving his coin and count front the group up to 1500gp if, perhaps, they would be so kind as to help him recoup some of that with the bounty from their next fruitful mission. He'd try to buy it at a discount with persuasive help from Fay (High persuasion?) and Lia (Guidance cantrip?) plus his Help action.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 17th Jul, 2017 - 7:50pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.