Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 377 of 1199

Fay listens to Velon and says, "Of course - Page 377 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Jul, 2017 - 1:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2017 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 377

Out of Character: Cinder, I think Velon has a higher charisma than Fay. Velon should be the primary haggler and Fay will play support.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2017 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Irdeith's form ripples again as his head and arms shrink back to that of the man you met before. "Maintaining a half form like that is always uncomfortable, though it comes in handy from time to time."

"There is little I can say about the choices you must make ahead of time, too much of it cannot be taught."

"I am afraid this is not an easy path you have begun. You will fail, you will falter. People will suffer and die because of your choices. People will suffer and die because you were not strong enough, or fast enough, or you were quite simply not there at the right time. This is inevitable, this will happen even if every choice made is exactly the right one, but do not think it makes you unworthy. Failure still haunts me from time to time, and I have had more than four centuries to learn from my mistakes. Perfection is not what is expected of you, but rather persistence. Learn what you can, do what you can, and use your experiences, good or ill, to improve yourself."

"Instinct is in many ways the source of your power. It can guide your decisions when knowledge fails, it helps you shape the magic that is the core of the blood you bear. It is already a part of who you are becoming, and will continue to grow. But instinct is something all dragons possess, even the tyrannical reds and the sadistic blacks."

"Wisdom is the other half of it, and it is that which you must develop. Knowledge is the key here. History, peoples, races, the weave, the more you know, the more of a basis you will have to make a good judgement, and the more you can shape the magic you have to suit the needs of the situation. Presuming we both return from this mission, I will have some books brought from my home, they should serve you well."

Silas talks a bit about the nature of dragons, and the nature of the council that leads them. Source 9z He admits to having had more than a few disagreements with the head of the council, Protanther. Eventually Silas stops and says "But for now, I think you will need time to think about a few things. Shall we join the others? We will have time to talk more in the next few days."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Jul, 2017 - 1:54am

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2017 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Oh let's hope Fay never finds out how the Dragon Council views humans and elves. He would very unhappy about being called lesser races and being judged by some treasure hoarding creatures, no matter if they are considered 'good.'

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2017 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 377 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poppo's eyes widen as the Waterdavian ale arrives, "Ooh, I haven't had this before," he says as he takes the tankard in both hands and takes a gulp. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, he lets out a small burp, "Oh, excuse me! Compliments to the brewer my Uncle Geeto always says."

When Geoffrey mentions his questions Poppo replies, "Sorry, I don't mean to be a bother. Growing up in an inn and tavern, it was my job to settle in customers and make them feel at home. People on the road sometimes get lonely so they like a nice chat when they sit down for their dinner or a drink."

"I remember one time," he starts then catches himself, "Maybe I'll save that story for another time. Might be good campfire story."

Giving himself an affirmative nod, he lifts the tankard once again and takes a long drink. Coming up for air once again he says in a lower tone of voice, "So, we figured out supplies yet? I'm ready to get started."

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2017 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Thank you very much for your guidance and your gift, Irdeith. I shall not disappoint you, and will take your teachings to heart." Velon gives his elder and new mentor another bow before they exit.

Velon will use Divine Sense in the inn to see if anyone stands out as extreme good or evil.

When the opportunity arises that day, Velon will approach Lia and Fay. "Would you two aid me in a task? I feel that the teleportation scroll we've discussed could save all of us one day, or be the difference between a successful mission versus a failed one. I hope to not need it for our task, but eventually even Fay's luck may not carry us all. Poljen has agreed to chip in, with one condition, and I feel we could influence the seller. Since you two are both quite talented in this area, and I don't just mean with that exquisite dress Lia, I ask for your help negotiating price. Fay can do the talking. Any gold you wish to put towards this is also appreciate. I would insist that either I carry the scroll as the primary investor, or Lia carry it as perhaps our most trusted member. Poljen does not want it, as his condition is for no one to argue if he must be left behind so that all others can escape.

-----------------------

Later that night, when alone in bed, Velon will cast Detect Magic. Although he is supposed to trust his instincts regarding the heartscale, he cannot resist pondering what it is for and perhaps gleaning it's school of magic.

18th Jul, 2017 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

Offering a nod to Poppo as he takes a sip from his own ale, the cleric asks with a chuckle, "And those customers never asked for you to slow down a little bit my friend? Honestly I have no issue but such, just be careful who you speak with or trust with your words." Geoffroy did not wish to imply the wizard had loose lips, but given how talkative he had been there was slight concern.

Moving on to the question asked, Geoffroy will say softly, "I believe Lia, Fay, and Velon may be trying to get a teleportation scroll though it will take some skillful persuasion in haggling the cost but I trust they'll be able to work it out. Apart from that, I believe we've gotten all that we can for the most part." The Morningliege finishes his tankard, even though he generally avoid drinking too much.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2017 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 377

Velon does not detect anyone or anything in the inn with his divine senses.

In the evening, when studying the scale, it seems to defy his attempts to classify it. If anything, it seems as if it were a raw mass of magical potential. All schools and none.

Out of Character: In regards to the question of who carries the scroll, it is important to note that of the current group members, only Velon, Fay, and Poppo are capable of activating it.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Jul, 2017 - 1:53pm

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2017 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 377

Fay listens to Velon and says, "Of course I will help ye with this. Although judging by me mother's reaction to ye, ye coulds't do it just as well." He chuckles at that as Velon flushes just a bit and Lia looks uncomfortable.

Out of Character: Persuasion rolls below with luck. Guidance also rolled.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.