Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 381 of 1199

"Cold and moisture kills it, which is - Page 381 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Jul, 2017 - 2:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 381

Cratol nods at this knowledge and steps a little closer to examine the mold but well away from it where he can study the color and the smell of it safely. Turning back towards the dragon he ask, "So if it lives on heat then cold is its bane?"

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay's listens to Silas and his eyes grow wide at the sight of the mold growing and feeding upon the flame. He shakes his head thinking the first plan mentioned may have gotten them all killed. He thinks to himself how the plan sounded reasonable to him. He looks at everyone, "Let me be the first to admit, I be a novice in this environment. The plan to burn sounded reasonable to me… and could have gotten us all killed. Orcs, goblins, and evil beasts I understand… this is beyond my ken. Let us agree to ask Silas before we take action while he is here if time permits. I realize that mayn't always be the case."

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen's eyes grow wide at Silas's demonstration, then his words. "I am glad you were here. Else things might have ended very differently." He glances at the bodies among the mold, then turns to Cratol. "Do you still have that grappling hook? Maybe we can pull the bodies away from the mold. Even if we find nothing of value, maybe we can learn who they were and tell their kin of their fates."

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 381 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon shivers a bit at the thought of the whole party being dead in seconds over a matter of mold. He'd much rather go down fighting, and imagines that is the case ten fold for one like Poljen.

"Silas, I could offer a cold spell from afar if you think it wise."

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Jharen peeks around the others' shoulders and nods at Silas' explanation and warning: "... The kind of things you find underground. I remember hearing about this stuff, but I always thought it was a Duergar's tale to frighten little whelps. Goes to show, one is never too prepared. Thinking of which… ". The wiry spy pulls out a copper ring encasing a small gem from a cord attached around his neck and slips it on his middle finger while he seemingly mumbles to himself:"Let's see if that old rascal is in high spirits today… ".

Pretty soon he feels a familiar presence in the back of his consciousness as the Ring Of Mind Shielding's magic takes hold. Suddenly the ring vanishes into thin air as the now-familiar gruff and slightly slurred voice of an older man echoes through the rogue's head:

' Aaarh ! I thought to meself yiz was never ginna git aroond to say hullo agin, son. What tuk yiz so long, eh? '

Jharen "Amber Jack" Korvac, Master Spy and Professional Adventurer, Fencing Champion and Charmer Extraordinaire, lets out a sigh, half-relieved and half-exasperated to hear his 'special friend' is indeed still present inside the old ring. " Funny that this ring keeps me from anyone entering my thoughts but can't seem to blot out his former owner's prattle !", the rogue thinks to himself resignedly.

' Oi, I hurd dat, I did, ye wee shite ! ', the voice answers. Then a little quieter: ' Oi, that mold yiz all be talkin aboot reminds me of me ex-wife's cookin. Ever told yiz aboot her, son ? '
- Yes, Barley, you did. Many, MANY times, in fact ...
Out of Character:
Putting on his Ring Of Mind Shielding, making a Wisdom check at DC 100 to try to ignore old Barley's running commentaries *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 19th Jul, 2017 - 2:34pm

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Yes I have it", Cratol replies. "If you think it would be safe to drag the bodies away from the mold but remember there is some mold on the bodies as well."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 381

"It may well be prudent to take out this mold now. With it so close to the entrance it is a danger to other adventurers, as well as ourselves if we are forced to fall back this way. Especially if it continues to take over the path."

"Additionally, it would be good to have experience fighting it, because next time it may not be in such a benign state." He looks around the group and then pulls out his Holy symbol. "I suggest using ranged spells at maximum distance. Silas, is there anything else we should know before attacking?"

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 19th Jul, 2017 - 2:34pm

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 381

"Cold and moisture kills it, which is to the good, as otherwise this could take over the surface realm. Hmm, an old companion of mine had the perfect spell for this, produced an ice storm in a wide area."

"A cold spell would make an impact, but it would need to saturate the area to be effective. Am I correct Velon in guessing that the spell you have is more focused than that?"

"Do any of you possess a spell that creates water or water vapor? It would not be quite as swift, but will do the job."

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.