Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 41 of 1199

Cratol sits on the back of a wagon meditating - Page 41 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2017 - 8:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 41

Cratol after finishing the loading of the wagon and getting the teams hitched will sit on one of the wagons and calmly wait. Once everyone and everything is ready to go he will ride in one of the wagons heading towards Greenest.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jan, 2017 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Considering the bracelet and anytool, Geoffroy offers, "I stall admit, I am curious to see just what sort of fire related affects the bracelet may have." Since fire was something he understood, the cleric felt it may be of use.

The Morninglord tries on the bracelet, please see that it actually does fit and admired the smaller details. It was more of a golden color, perhaps made from the metal, yet with reddish swirls it seems and a small ruby as well place in a burst design.

Looking at the other item he adds, "The anytool could be kept by anyone of us, or given its usefulness perhaps be a group item for all of the Silver Blaze to use?" He wondered if Onwen would have interest in anything.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 23rd Jan, 2017 - 12:33am

22nd Jan, 2017 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen doesn't express interest in much other than the robe of the enemy mage, claiming it as a trophy of sorts. Even if he recognizes that the rod has magical properties he does not make any claims on it and willingly allows another member of the party to claim it. The only interest in the loot that he would demonstrate would be Linn's spell book, arcane scrolls, etc. And he does want to ensure that he is allowed to claim at least a portion of any coin recovered to help fund his research.

Onwen would ritualistically cast comprehend languages on Linn's spell book; taking the book Onwen tries to find a makeshift surface to place it on in a secluded place. He takes his staff and traces a large circle on the ground, about ten feet in diameter around the book, as he does so a dark blue energy emerges from the onyx gem on top of his staff and seems to melt into the ground in the circular pattern. He begins to trace various arcane symbols in the air above the book and on the surface of the book itself, which also tend to appear as dark blue swirling energy that forms a symbol in the air before dissipating. He mutters arcane words as he traces the symbols, his movements precise and thought out as he occasionally references his spell book. As he concludes the ritual he gently traces his fingers over the words in the book and as he does so the his mind is able to discern and comprehend the language of the text, assuming the spell works as its intended to and he has the time to complete the ritual.

23rd Jan, 2017 - 12:17am / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 41 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai will carefully give the interior of Linn's tent a once over before checking out the alter. The wizard will study the alter and placement of the different items about it to try to get a better understanding of its arcane and/or religious significance. She then will investigate the chest for any magical signature as well as any mechanized trap given the protections placed on the entry to the tent itself.
(If nothing is found to be amiss, Sar'ai will attempt to pick the lock on the chest. If a trap is discovered she will try to disarm that first.)

Out of Character: Don't know exactly which skill you want to be used for lock picking, so I just did a straight Dexterity check. But if you allow it to be slight of hand, add another +2 to the roll.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Arcana (alter) on D20 (+3): 6 (1 roll)
  • Investigation (chest) on D20 (+3): 4 (1 roll)
  • Arcana (chest) on D20 (+3): 13 (1 roll)
  • Lockpicking on D20 (+4): 10 (1 roll)

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2017 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The book translated by Onwen appears to be a journal of sorts. The most interesting entries follow:

“I have been ordered to seal off the western Greenest perimeter by whatever means necessary. There are a few isolated groups of bandits that can be used for this purpose. None can be allowed to leave this place until the harvest is complete.”

“Uniting the bandits turned out to be simple enough once I encountered Miller. Ambition and greed run strong with this one. A gift of gold, and the promise of more to come were sufficient motivation, and I now have my own personal warband, if one composed of people who are more maggots than men. I suspect that only the steady supply of funds prevents them from turning on me for my own belongings, but the arrangement should hold for a sufficient time.”

“Matters have been going smoothly enough. We've split people onto both sides of the road, lookouts warn us of incoming targets, and they get hit with arrows from both sides before they know what's happening. In the event some of them show magical aptitude, I make sure they remain ineffective. Most surrender without putting up any resistance after the initial strike. The looks on their faces when they realize the act did not save their lives are quite amusing.”

“I had an idea during the latest raid, there was a young woman among the initial survivors, she looked to be a suitable candidate for our purposes. I had to give Miller the best gem in my collection to convince him to keep her alive as anything but a playtoy, but it was enough. She is alive and untouched. They'll be collecting any other such women for delivery to our camp in the mountains. I think mistress Rezmir will be pleased by my initiative. The promised per head bounty won't be an issue, Miller and his thugs won't be left to talk when this is over. He had better still have my sapphire at that point.”

The rest of it details largely unimportant daily events, a great deal of griping about the conditions he's living in, and brief notes on the captured "Subjects" you found in the paddock.

Sar'ai can detect a faint hint of magic about the altar, but can only be certain that it isn't arcane in nature. She suspects that this would be more to Geoffroy's area of expertise.

She does not discern any traps on the chest, mundane or magical. However, the lock stymies her efforts.

[I did add the +2, but in this case it is proficiency with Thieves' Tools that gave that particular bonus. Still wasn't quite enough though. No you can't just keep rerolling. You can 'take ten' on the check under the circumstances, but the resulting 16 isn't enough either.]

At the mass grave, the paladin helps Lia console the others as best he can, but he is not very good at doing so. When the subject of what to do with the bodies comes up, he says, "I am afraid we must move on too swiftly to allow for proper burials. I think the best we can do is arrange a funeral pyre here. There are several clerics among our number, Lia here included, who can together oversee the ceremony."

(Sorry, left Targul hanging for a bit) Targul doesn't notice much not already observed, but in the leader's tent, is a very noticeable and quite large iron casket, heavy enough that even the mighty half-orc would have difficulty lifting it on his own. It is locked.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 23rd Jan, 2017 - 7:20am

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2017 - 7:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lia nods as she hears Sir Onthar mention about a ceremony. She frowns as she sees the carrion at work. She addresses the women. " Yes, he is correct. I am a representative of my Lady Sune. There are clerics of other deities available as well. We will make sure that proper respect is paid to your loved ones. That is the least we can do for you. "

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2017 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 41

Poljen works briefly with the two women, and says, "You are brave, and can learn. But until you have more practice or experience, I think you should focus on using a bow to stay at range, or if in Greenest and it is under siege, support behind the lines. Run messages, take shifts on watch and such. And stay together, especially if in a fight. Remember, numbers can swing the balance."

While waiting to hear from his companions about anything they might need him for, he will keep training the two, and eating.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2017 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 41

Cratol sits on the back of a wagon meditating as everyone goes about their business before we move out once again.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.