Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 402 of 1199

Geoffroy had been listening and considering, - Page 402 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jul, 2017 - 5:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 402

Silas responds to Oswald's query, "They are troublesome opponents, it would be best to avoid them if possible, but it could be done."

"A true beholder has several cousins that those making the report might have mixed up, but in general we are speaking of a huge floating eye a little over three long paces in diameter, with a large mouth and several smaller eyes protruding from it on stalks. Horrific things."

"The central eye can produce a directed field which nullifies active magic effects, while the eyestalks project powerful spell rays. Several of these spells can kill outright if the victim is unlucky. Its null magic field nullifies its own magic too, so it fortunately cannot use both on the same targets at once."

"They're also quite intelligent, the last one I encountered had suborned an Iron Golem as a servitor. Very very difficult to damage without magic weapons or magic in general, both of which the beholder could effortlessly protect it from."

"The usual strategy with an eye tyrant is to group together in one place and pummel it with ranged weapons and spells. It has a difficult time both flinging magic at the group and keeping your casters useless if you are not spread out."

"With me on hand, there is a safer strategy. I too can produce a null magic zone, though mine is centered on myself rather than projected. If I go and drag the eye tyrant out of the air while that is up, it will have nothing but its physical defenses to work with, which are not especially formidable. You can then simply hack it to death while I pin it."

"Of course, that option becomes more complicated if the beholder has help. I highly doubt the Duergar are working with it, the Beholder would not accept anything less from them than absolute devotion, and the gray dwarves will never accept a master. They were once slaves to much worse than such creatures. But that does not mean they wouldn't drive us into the beholder's lair, and/or attack while we are occupied with it."

"A beholder's other weakness is its pride. So far as I am aware, each is utterly convinced it is the most perfect being in the planes, which makes them disinclined to work with others of its kind. Unfortunately, they are generally not interested in listening to the words of lesser beings, making it a difficult weakness to exploit beyond making them angry at someone in particular."

Out of Character: in regards to an earlier query, yes you can take a short rest here if you wish.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 27th Jul, 2017 - 2:43pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Sounds like a good time, eh? Perhaps the longer way round? We may get through without encountering anything, while the other way we seem pretty sure we have giant invisible dwarves expertly setting traps for us. I can say from the force of that one large axe blow I took that we would not survive many of those, and there are dozens of them it seems."

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Well, it appears we are all over the map on our opinion of which path to take. As far as making the eye creature mad at one in particular, I seem to have the knack fer that. If we need to I can step in and take the brunt of the attacks while ye others hack it to pieces. Just promise ye'll do it quickly." Fay grins and shakes his head, "I guess it be up to ye Geoffroy which path we take… "

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 27th Jul, 2017 - 2:06pm

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 402 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Some times a path less traveled that has no known perils is the safer route than a shorter route with known perils."

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"In this place I wouldn't say no known perils, the path most certainly has perils, they are just unknown to us."

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

" Ionneg, I don't think that is a good idea. There are others that are better able to take damage than you such as Velon and Poljen. Both of them can ignore a lot of damage unlike you. "

Lia glances at the others. " We have killed an adult blue dragon. I'm confident that we can take out this beholder if need be. Silas would be a huge help in defeating it. "

Mari looks uncertain for a moment but speaks up. " I... Am confident that if Silas has a plan on how to deal with it we should listen. He is very ... Knowledgeable. " She puts a heavy emphasis on the word knowledgeable.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jul, 2017 - 5:13pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 402

Velon steps up next to Fay. "I guess you'll have to settle for being faster, stealthier, more talented, richer, and perhaps smarter and better looking than me. The titles of lugging around heavier plate and being the sacrificial lamb are mine, however! Ha!" He elbows Fay and gives him a wink.

"Well, what say you Geoffroy?"

27th Jul, 2017 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 402

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy had been listening and considering, taking in everyone's view or opinion on the decision while also keeping in mind the information given to them by Silas. Finally, with a sigh, he says, "Though there is risk, as was pointed out we did defeat an adult blue dragon and with the assistance of Silas with the strategy they suggested if we much face a beholder there is a good chance we could take it out without too great of risk."

Still, there was that risk better left avoided so he will add, "Honestly though if we can manage to avoid encountering the beholder the better, though taking the fastest route I feel may still be of stronger form." Yet, there was one question he had and a thought considered, "Though I wonder, surely there is a way of getting rid of the rock somehow?" The Morningliege was annoyed that something as simply as a rock was blocking their path.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.