Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 411 of 1199

Round Two Oswald and Poljen struggle mightily - Page 411 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Aug, 2017 - 8:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 411

Cratol will attempt a action that will allow him to jump up and over the front tower shields and strike a couple dwarfs just behind them to break up the shield wall. He can use the tops of the shields as a means.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Seeing a new opening formed by Cratol's absence, Oswald adjusts his charge; plunging his blade into the thick dwarven shield. Slamming his own shield against the Duergar's, he pushes back against their advancing front.

He whispers quietly; "I'm sorry." And then prays; "Great Lathander. In this place of darkness bring forth your light. May these beings of evil feel your sacred flames." Pushing back against the enemy shield one more time, he steps back, brings his arms together; fingers splayed. "Ardenti manus!" The glow of Lathander's light flows through his fingers; bursting into flames and pouring over the rows of dwarves before him.

Out of Character: Changed targets since Mari went to my chosen spot and Cratol opened a slot.

I added my next turn after the sword attack. I cast Burning Hands in the enemies face; avoiding Cratol. I don't know if the disadvantage for casting in combat would harm the spell any.

Burning Hands DC 13 Dexterity, for half DMG.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 31st Jul, 2017 - 5:21am

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Velon surveys the battle and knows he needs to buy those to the north some time before they are all surrounded and limited on options. Those shield walls are tough to stop, he thinks, but then he decides what to do.

"Poppo, Geoffroy, I'll need your help! Keep this group busy! Keep me alive if you don't mind, too!" He nods at the southern group as he begins to charge them.

Just as he reaches the southern shield wall he turns into a silvery mist and goes right through the wall. For anyone who can see, he reforms on the far side of the dwarves and then there is an explosion of fire at their rear.

Our of character: Using a bit of movement and then Misty Step as a bonus action to move to the far side of the dwarves, position M28. Then casting burning hands at 3rd level directly north, hopefully catching at least 7 of the dwarves from behind with fire based on my understanding of the 15ft cone layout.

I'm guessing this may be a round for Shield if they turn on Velon, Daishain. If I were posting for multiple rounds I'd also cast Blurr, but I didn't have enough actions for one round and I'm guessing they'll react to Velon's tactics before I can use more actions. If allowed, I'd do Blurr to stay alive and some sorcery points to also use another spell or attack (Perhaps burning hands again if they're all standing, perhaps GFB if they are scattered). Please let me know if I should roll these actions too.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 411 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: Cinder, great actions for Velon. I would guess that turning those big old shields to address your actions isn't going to be very easy for those dwarves… you may get another round. That should slow them down.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: Hey, thanks! Originally I was thinking we'd all collapse into that northern tunnel so they can't get in behind us, but we could get squished in there with the advancing shield wall. Silas also referenced holding back the southern attack, and Velon would do as Silas instructs. Hoping he doesn't become a liability to the party by getting stuck back there, dead or alive, but decided it was worth the risk. I'll have options for getting back with the group, if I can survive a round, that is!

Hope the battle to the north goes well!

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: : Battle for the north? That sounds almost like a Game of Thrones reference… and while I love the books and shows, I am hoping our Dungeon Master stays away from that level of ruthlessness *wink*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 411

Poppo prepared to unleash his fireball against the southern force but then Velon rushed past them and appeared on the other side. Looking to switch targets, Poppo looked north and saw Cratol leap over the northern group. "Blast," he said as he altered his spell choice and moved south to assist Velon. Stepping in front of the duergar he fanned out his hands and fire burst forth, "Not as much as a big boom as I wanted but at least they will be nice and toasty!"

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2017 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 411

Round Two

Oswald and Poljen struggle mightily against the shield wall, Poljen manages to slip his sword through a crevice and draw blood, unfortunately Oswald finds his spell to be largely ineffective, as the fire flows along the solid metal surfaces rather than racing forward to roast those behind.

Further south, Lia flies over the wall, just barely out of reach of a few weapons waved in her direction, and she unleashes lightning at the formation. Geoffroy tries to follow suit, but ends up missing with the fiery rays that are unleashed. They march up some, trying to ignore the flying cleric for now. But then Poppo throws some fire of his own, a large fireball detonating in the group of dwarves, several of them falling before its heat. The final insult came when Velon bypassed the shield wall in order to unleash a bit of his own flames. The formation collapses, most of the dwarves falling. Some of the survivors try to gang up on the paladin, while others rush forward at vulnerable seeming targets ahead. Velon is hit, as is Poppo. Elyria manages to dodge a blow just after casting a spell of her own.

Cratol meanwhile flips over the shield wall, landing among the dwarves. He manages to bring down the one wounded by Poljen, but his shield stands long enough for another to rush in and take his place. The monk finds himself surrounded, and taking hits from all sides. Fay wounds another of the shield dwarves while keeping the heat on the one in back, and Mari rushes in to assist, though she has difficulty finding an opening. Poljen in particular shoves back hard, but those in front of the shields are unable to stop its advance, and are forced back step by step.

Silas appears to be occupied with maintaining the force wall, and unable to do much else. The gorgons on the other side are taking turns charging at the barrier, striking it with their horns.

[Cratol takes 3 hits for a total of 31 damage, Velon 2 for 19, and Poppo 1 for 8. Bless from Elyria is now active on Poljen, Fay, and Oswald. Poppo's turn came before Velon got in the way, so I went ahead and gave him the fireball. Jack unfortunately never quite got his opening he was waiting for.]

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Aug, 2017 - 8:55pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.