Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 419 of 1199

Poljen gets a closer look at the gorgons from - Page 419 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Aug, 2017 - 5:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 419

Seeing nothing down either corridor, Oswald turns back towards the group. With no enemies in sight, he calls out "Lets get moving!" and then begins hurrying down the northern hallway. He follows the path laid out on the map, scouting along the way.

Out of Character: He is moving slow enough to see obvious dangers, but too fast to spot traps. He will not go farther than 60ft ahead of the nearest pc and if he sees a threat he will head back towards them.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 7th Aug, 2017 - 4:24am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen furrows his brow, obviously trying to make sure he understands. "So Poppo can start walking, but does he need to stay within a certain distance? And what is your plan to chase them off?" As he waits for Silas's reply he starts trying to think of a plan for what to do if the wall comes down but the enemy does not flee the other way.

He also asks Silas, "Do we need to go straight up the hall, or take that turn to the left?"

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Silas starts walking north with Poppo. "No, the barrier between planes is omnipresent, Poppo could go anywhere and hold it."

"As to my idea, if I drop the wall and free up my focus, I have a high chance of wresting control of one of the gorgons, and using it to chase off or petrify the duergar. That will however leave us with the other one to deal with by conventional means. It may be best to wait for the banishment spell to finish its work before we risk that wall dropping regardless."

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 419 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen's eyes widen as he finally understands the plan. "So, we move as far back as we can for you to be able to control a gorgon, then when Poppo has finished his most impressive feat, you drop the wall and try to do that. It also gives a chance to soften up the other gorgon at range before it gets close enough for us to deal with it in close quarters." He pauses and adds, "Yes, I like this. I hope the others agree."

Out of Character: : Unless we have major objections, I'd say we do just that. And since Silas will no doubt once again need to concentrate while controlling the creature, we need a few to stay close to him, even if that means moving back towards the intersection once the gorgon is controlled. Oh, and Poljen collects his bow for this… unless someone would make better us of a Masterwork Bow…

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 7th Aug, 2017 - 12:21pm

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Silas is our leader on this quest and the wisest of us all. Let us trust his instincts." Velon continues "I will help shield Silas from blows. It is my duty. Anyone can join me, but this I WILL do."

He turns to Silas "So, any Gorgon anatomy in that brain of yours? How do we kill it? Also, do petrify their caster first, would you?" He gives his elder a grin.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"They're about as tough to physically harm as their metal skin suggests, but they are weak against effects that target the mind and soul, hence my confidence in the dominate attempt. I know of no particular resistances of theirs, other than a general immunity to their own breath."

"A person of stout heart and body will have the easiest time resisting said breath, though avoiding it in the first place would be best."

"Aside from that, their physical capabilities resemble that of an actual bull, I suggest not standing in the way of a charge"

Silas fishes off the amulet around his neck "Come to think of it, one of you could take this. It helps protect against certain debilitating effects, the kind caused by their breath included. I will want it back mind you, I only have the one, and dodging the black dragon brothers will be a serious test of my defenses as it stands."

(A Dungeons & Dragons Gorgon: Source 2f.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 419

Cratol sits down to rest at L1 as others figure out what they are doing. HE needs to recover from all he experienced as he recalls visions of scantily clad women. He will heal himself some as he sits there.

Out of Character: Hoping that this rest of his as the others deal with the east will give him a chance to heal some and get rid of one of the levels of exhaustion that he incurred.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 419

Poljen gets a closer look at the gorgons from behind the safety of the force wall. He has a brief flashback to fighting the thunder lizard outside the walls of Greenest and shrugs. "I will start with a bow when you first drop the wall, but then I shall be one to engage up close." He glances at Cratol and says, "Sorry, lad, but I fear that you won't have enough time for a proper rest. Perhaps this one you should stay back and use a bow."

Out of Character: : Obviously Rage has dropped again, and he will wait to bring it up until the fight begins properly. Unless folks have ideas to add, I am ready for the intro post. I also think people should indicate where they intend to start in relation to Silas, etc. Once Silas is as far back as he can for his spell to control one of the gorgons, Poljen will stand about 20 feet closer to where the gorgon will come from, bow ready, but also set to drop it for sword and shield if the thing closes more quickly than anticipated.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.