Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 426 of 1199

Lia watches wide eyed in amazement as Geoffroy - Page 426 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Aug, 2017 - 10:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
12th Aug, 2017 - 3:23am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 426

The Quiet Shadow says...

He nods to Silas, struggling with the petrification, yet despite his efforts Geoffroy was certain that breaking free wouldn't be an option causing him to give an apologetic look to the dragon and saying, "It has ahold of me… too greatly, but I thank… you for such words."

Geoffroy gives the barbarian a look, before chuckling with difficulty and saying, "If she will let you, I am uncertain if my squire will wish to leave my side." He looks over to Elyria, who shakes her head before looking to Poljen and giving her thanks for his gesture before saying, "I will go with him, I hope you understand."

Looking to Cratol, he says, "I am grateful you feel such, leadership was not a role… I planned on or even felt was… one I should take. I look forward to… seeing you all as well." More and more Geoffroy found it difficult to even speak and slowly straightening himself out so as to be less of a burden to carry though it may be too late for such an effort.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Aug, 2017 - 3:25am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Aug, 2017 - 5:43am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The stone continues to creep up, eventually enclosing Geoffroy's head, turning his features ashen and still.

Meanwhile, Poljen chases down the fleeing Duergar, cutting him down with his blade. He can see the dominated Gorgon further down the hall thoroughly trampling a grey dwarf in elaborate garb. Deliberately impaling the priest on one horn, the beast flings him into the wall, where he impacts lifelessly.

The dominated creature trots up to Poljen, and turns its neck, exposing gaps in the armor plates that cover it.

From behind him, Silas urges, "Finish it. I cannot maintain control forever."

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2017 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Tears steam down her cheeks as she looks at Geoffroy. " We will finish the mission Geoffroy and we will find a way to bring you back to us. I will miss you in the meantime my friend. " She stands there and gathers her composure for a moment.

" I guess I am temporarily in charge. It isn't a position that I asked for but I will fulfill my duties in it until we have more time to take a vote and decide upon a leader. Everyone, prepare to move out. We must make haste. Although this threat is destroyed we are in hostile territory. We must move quickly but at the same time with caution. Oswald and Jack, scout our path ahead. Poljen can remain up front with the scouts if he wishes. Velon, you will need to stay towards the rear to help if we are attacked there. Fay and Mari, act as our rear scouts. We must not be caught off guard from behind. There is no less honor in guarding the rear than scouting ahead. We face grave danger both ahead and behind us. If anyone needs any kind of medical attention then let one of us that have healing capability know. " She pauses for just a moment then resumes. " This was a great victory. Everyone fought well and contributed. Things could have gone much worse for us. Now it is time to resume our mission. "

She walks over close to Silas and waits for Poljen to destroy the gorgon before speaking. " Well done. You demonstrated great power and provided us invaluable aid. Can you help us with Geoffroy? Any ideas on how to transport him other than Poljen lugging him around?"

Mari remains close by Silas looking for danger. She will move to the rear of the party once Silas can see and the gorgon is destroyed.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Aug, 2017 - 11:39am

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2017 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 426 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay blinks listening to Lia give orders and set the line of march. He looks at her, respect and… pride on his face. "Aye Amillë, 'twil be as thee instructs. Do I keep me sword lit or do we travel dark and quiet?"

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2017 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

After the Gorgon is ended, the light fades from Silas' eyes, and he looks around again. In response to Lia's query, he states "Actually I do" Walking over to place a hand on Geoffroy's head, he says a few words, pushes down, and the statue begins to slowly shrink.

"Believe it or not, an old friend of mine once asked me to watch over him just before he petrified himself. Matters in his life had spun out of control to the point that he'd decided to spend a few decades secured and hidden as stonework in my home. It was a complex case, but suffice it to say that being presumed dead for a long time was preferable to the fallout of confronting the problem. Honestly though, I halfway suspect he did it in part to extend his life. He never really did like the idea of retiring to the aetherial realms, he considered everything worth doing to be found here, when he passed on, he was studying the baelnorn, hoping to find a way to become like them. There we go, that should do."

Geoffroy is now only about four inches tall. Silas picks him up, and casts a few more spells on the statuette. He hands him to Elyria, "Here, I presume you wish to watch over your brother? That will last for about a week, long enough for the return trip to the city. He is about as difficult as adamantine to damage right now, but I would not suggest taking that for granted."

Out of Character: Lia recognizes the term baelnorn, others might with a check. Its an old elvish tradition, the preservation of select elders with magic. They are like liches in some respects, but they are maintained by radiant energy rather than necrotic, leading them to have few differences between them and the truly living.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2017 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jack looks on as Geoffroy's reduced as a statue and stuffed in his sister's bag, and the rogue shakes his head wonderingly. "And I thought I'd seen it all… how the great haven fallen, from valiant Priest of Lathander to paperweight in mere minutes !", he shrugs as he thinks to himself, "Crazy old world, this truly is."

Replying to Lia's directions and with a quick look at Oswald, Poljen and finally Fay, he announces:" I'd be glad to scout but Fay's got a point: we need to choose between using light sources or move in the dark, in which case I'm afraid I won't be that much help, at least not without magic support. Infravision Spell, anyone ? And when I say Anyone, I actually meant our noble guide, since he seems to be the one with most tricks up his sleeve - or should I say his claw, erhm… ".

Jack smirks coyly at Silas and waits to see what the group decides. He can't help but being impressed by the way Lia has taken on naturally to her new responsibilities. "Methinks we won't need much of a vote with this one… !", he thinks to himself as he sees how Lia organizes the remaining members of the Blaze.

' Aye, and she's hot, too ! Did you notice how she curves her lower back when she prays to her Sun God ? Woah, son, if I only had the rest of my wits and my manly b… '

- That'll be enough, Barley !... Thanks for your input. I think I'll take that ring off for a while.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 12th Aug, 2017 - 7:27pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Aug, 2017 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 426

Poppo was quite pleased with the group's efforts and did a little jig where he stood but soon realized that the party was strangely sombre. He moved down the hallway to see what was the matter and then saw what was happening with Geoffrey. Tears started to stream down his face which we quickly rubbed away with his stubby fingers.

"Oh, Geoffrey. I am so sorry. I should have used a better spell to attack the gorgon. Maybe then it wouldn't have breathed. I promise I will do my best to make sure the mission succeeds. You have my word."

The halfling then stepped back and allowed the others who knew the leader better to say their goodbyes. When the orders came to move on, Poppo silently took his place in the marching order, his eyes still glistening but his jaw set and his attention focused on the matter at hand.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2017 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 426

Lia watches wide eyed in amazement as Geoffroy is transformed. " That is incredible Silas. Truly a wonder to witness that. Thank you. "

Lia steps back and surveys the group as Jack and Fay ask about how they will travel. " Oh, yes… I had forgotten about that Jack. Thank you for reminding me. Barring Silas or someone else having a way to grant you night vision Jack… " Lia purses her lips momentarily before continuing.

" The front of the group will travel in darkness. Oswald and Poljen, you will scout ahead. The others that can see in the dark will be at the front of the main group. Those that cannot will travel at the rear of the main group. Fay and Jack will be our rear guard keeping us safe from being ambushed.Fay, you will keep your sword lit to help everyone see at the back. It should be far enough back to not interfere with the stealth of those up front. I would continue as you have been doing Oswald and Poljen.. Keep about 60 feet or so in front of the main group. That should cover everything. Let us get in order and go quickly now. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Aug, 2017 - 10:07pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.