Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 439 of 1199

Poppo blinked after another lightning bolt - Page 439 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2017 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 439

Fay looks at Cratol, "It seems clear to me" he says in a near whisper. "We got lucky… again."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2017 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"We seem to have luck following us and for that I am glad. But also staying vigilant is important too. Yeah I should have advised you I was going this way as two sets of eyes are better than one."

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen slumps when the creature finally dies, and is relieved when Silas emerges. "This time? How many times have you been swallowed by one of these things?" He turns to Lia and the others. "I thank you all for the healing magic. I would still have been on my feet, but not for much longer I fear."

He looks around at the devastation. "I could use some rest, but I fear we might get attacked one more time. Should we leave now, then catch our breath outside?"

Out of Character: : In my estimation of HP, I forgot Poljen had taken a few from the shower of stones when the worm appeared. So yeah he was down at 13, rather than 18. Either way he is back to about 49 out of 73. Good thing the fight is over. I am all for a short rest, either here or outside.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 439 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay listens to Poljen and nods, "Aye, let us leave these caverns. 'Tis the sun fer me."
Out of Character: They may even want to take another long rest. That will help Cratol lose his last level of exhaustion. If we don't do a long rest, Fay will sing his song of rest and everyone who rolls for healing will get an extra d6.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Main Group:

Silas heads over to Poljen, "Here, let me take a look. I should clarify, this was the first time I've been swallowed by one of those things in particular, but including other creatures, this would be the fifth incident. The time I had to take the particularly undignified way out was an ancient red dragon, I was notably less capable at the time, and my companions were no match and had to leave me behind. In this line of work, a lot of dangerous things are monstrous in size as well as heart, and many of them will be hungry. I suspect some of you are likely to find out what being gulped down is like at some point. If luck or better yet preparation favors you, you'll learn what it is like to survive the experience as well. Here's a hint, keep a flask of air and a few bottles of acid resistance on you until something more permanent can be arranged."

As he talks he uses Prestidigitation to clean out the wound and inspects it for a bit, eventually he says, "You'll be fine, though you should expect that burning sensation to remain for a few hours. This venom is intended to burn through a system incredibly fast in order to drop a foe before he can flee or fight much more, if it hasn't stopped your heart by now it isn't going to."

"I must say I am impressed, not many men could have taken a hit like this and remained standing."
______

Zarra:

A couple of javelins fly out of the bushes, one of them driving home (5 damage). A small pack of some of the most ridiculous creatures the Drow has ever seen bound out nearby bushes from the west. Source 7g

Three are carrying spears and more javelins, two pair are carrying nets between them, they're fanning out, trying to cut off escape routes.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:52am

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lia looks incredously as Silas emerges from the maw if the worm. " That is very impressive Silas. I look forward to seeing you unleash your full powers. Then again maybe not. Any circumstance that requires all of your power probably doesn't bode well for us. " She grins wryly.

Looking to the others she responds. " Poljen, I'm glad that I was able to help you. We can Ill afford to lose you. As to pressing in or not… I feel that we should escape from these underground dens and then take a short break before heading on. We need to push on to our goal. The day is yet young. If anyone needs any healing please let any of us with healing capabilities know. "

Mari looks awestruck at Silas. " I... Think I'm okay Silas. Thank you. "

Out of Character: : I think we should take a short rest and push on. We are relatively unscathed and can easily use a short rest to fill our hitpoints. This adventuring day has just started. I think it is gaming the system a little to have one encounter and then have a long rest. That's just my opinion.
Daishain, I'm unsure whether Mari needs healing or not since I don't have her sheet and Elyria healed her. If she is low please assume she would say so.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:41am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 439

Poljen stands taller at Silas's compliment. But he quickly tries to change the topic slightly. "Aye, Snow Leopards are known for hardiness. But as I have said, were it not for my stalwart companions, I probably would not have lasted much longer." Then he smiles a slight grin as he says to all of them, "Who wishes to wager that it is mighty Poljen who is the first of our group to be swallowed whole?" Glancing at Mari he says, "Starting from now, of course."

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 439

Poppo blinked after another lightning bolt failed to fell the creature. He just froze, blinking in disbelief as the others finally finished the great worm off. "That was one tough Mr Wiggly," he said to no one in particular. Shaking out the cobwebs he moved over to where everyone was gathering and said, "Sorry about that. I got a little flummoxed on what to do next. I thought it would have been dead long before that! I guess I have some things to learn about worms. I thought they were supposed to be purple? Hey, I wonder if they are any good to eat? I could get some slabs of meat off it if we are staying for a bit. Put some nice spice rub on it, slow roast it. Might be good! Does anyone want to help me out with the butchering part? Usually, my uncle, Jessu does the butchering but I have watched him do it a number of times. In fact, ..,."

Out of Character: : My apologies for missing the last round. I had to take my son on a road trip to the audiologist to get his cochlear implant processor calibrated. Because of where the hospital is located it is an all-day sort of thing. On the topic of resting, Poppo burned through all his 3rd level slots but is doing fine with his hit points. He can do an arcane recovery yet today as well if we need to press on.

Reconcile Edited: ChristianD on 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:51am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.