Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 45 of 1199

Cahleth cannot help but feel a twinge of pride - Page 45 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jan, 2017 - 4:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
26th Jan, 2017 - 3:42am / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 45

The Terror says...

After helping Poljen gather firewood from some grand bonfire that Lia had her heart set on creating, Targul will settle in one of the wagons and take a short rest to soothe his aching muscles. With the exertion from the battle, moving the casket, and gathering the fire wood, Targul was glad for the chance to rest.

When Poljen brings up the subject of a party leader, Targul rolls over avoiding the conversation. To himself he thinks, "Now politics is the last thing that I want to get involved in, even though I would probably be the hugest success at it… "

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2017 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia looks at Poljen and winks. " Maybe. " Hearing the barbarian speak about who the leader should be causes her to frown. " This might not be pleasant but must be said" she thinks. She clears her throat. " I feel like our leader should be Geoffroy. He is devoted to this group and will not shirk his duties. " She looks at the others before speaking. " I hope this isn't offensive. Cahleth is a good man but I don't know about his suitability to be our leader. He is a Harper and his primary loyalty would lie with them. Also I question his judgement. Just today he has made two errors in judgement. He retreated from a single scout which gave away any surprise we might have had. Then he launched an assault on the second bandit camp with only two people against very unfavorable odds. This was a needless risk since he had reinforcements approaching. If not for the timely arrival of Geoffroy and Sir Onthar's forces at least one of our group would probably have died today. This should be considered. That is all that I have to say for now. " She watches to see the reaction to what she said.

Out of Character: : Just as Brandon said earlier, this isn't a personal attack. This is what I feel Lia would say.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Jan, 2017 - 12:51pm

26th Jan, 2017 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy had kept quite through most of what was said, considering on who he might pick as leader not even considering himself. The cleric was indecisive, as he felt he did not as yet know the members of the Silver Blaze enough to make the right decision on who should be the leader.

Thus, it came as a surprise to him when Lia would nominate him and at her words says with a bow of his head., "I am honored by your words Lia, and if others were to agree I would do everyone I can to keep our group safe." He offered a warm smile to the wood elf, truly touch that she would speak such on his behalf and wondered himself if he could make a good leader.

Looking to the others, his expression serious, he says, "While there are a couple I would see as leading us well, I will put forward one important expectation." He takes a moment to pause, so as to prepare his words more properly and to make sure that he was understood.

Looking briefly to those he felt most fell under this, Geoffroy continues, "They would need to be honest in full with the party, so I feel there should be no secrets between them and those they are supposed to lead " The clerics consinues with her words setting his expectations, "We would be looking to them for guidance and leadership, so if we cannot trust their word or intentions how can we follow them?" There was more, but for now the Morninglord felt that was enough.

Yes, this was putting him on the spot, since at first he and his squire had hidden that she was not only a girl but also his sister. More, even though the Silver Blaze now knew the two were still keeping up such a deception when encountering others. Yet, despite this, he had kept no other secrets and when the truth was found he was honest in his explanation of why they had done so.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Jan, 2017 - 2:09pm

26th Jan, 2017 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 45 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Tthe events of the day are discussed and each person is caught up to what one another did, as the two groups were separated for a time. Eventually the group settles in around the camp, and as the conversation turns to the discussion of who should be "Leader" of the Silver Blaze once again, Sar'ai can't hide the sarcasm in her tone as she speaks, "Subtle, Poljen, as ever."
The wizard listens to Lia's rebuttal against Cahleth's nomination and she raises an eyebrow and grins slightly in agreement at the wood-elf's reasoning, "Perhaps that little jolt back at the wizard's tent bestowed some 'enlightening' insight?" The half-drow stifles a laugh at her own words, "A silver lining, all considered?"
But then as Lia proceeds to put forth Geoffroy as her nomination, Sar'ai's smile quickly fades.
"Of course! No matter the differences in your gods or goddesses, you of the cloth will always stick together!" Sar'ai exclaims before giving an exacerbated sigh as she then listens to Geoffroy's words.
As the cleric pauses, Sar'ai can't help but smile at him as he goes on about keeping secrets and looking out for oneself. She lets Geoffroy finish before speaking up, "A cleric of Lathander and an agent of the Harpers. These are our two nominations for leader?" The wizard gives a glance at each of her companions, "Why not throw in Elanna to the pool?" she jests, "So be it. Shall we vote or just assume the two will come to an arrangement on their own?"
With this, Sar'ai sits down and awaits the outcome.

Out of Character: I am curious, would anyone have mentioned the amulet with the symbol of Mask to Sar'ai or the group as whole?

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 26th Jan, 2017 - 3:36pm

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2017 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia has a placid look on her face as she studies Sar'ai. " Sar'ai, you are extremely talented and resourceful. What you did today impressed me greatly. The reason I didn't put you forward is that I simply don't know where your loyalties lie. You aren't very open with us. " Lia looks at everyone. " I think Sar'ai should be considered as well. She is very resourceful. " Lia looks thoughtful. She speaks to Sar'ai again. " It is as Geoffroy said. A leader can't keep secrets from their followers if they hope to have trust. Can you say anything to help everyone feel better about that?"

26th Jan, 2017 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen smiles and nods at Sarai's comments regarding the choice in leaders. "Of course we have to consider the noble blood, leadership is in their blood is it not?" he says sarcastically regarding Geoffroy. "I certainly have no desire to fill such a role, but I do think it is important to clarify and define exactly what this leader's job and authority would be. While there are certainly times that decisions must be made quickly and without debate; I did not join the Blaze to have all my actions held accountable to one man or woman, nor do I care to have those actions dictated to me."

Owen looks to Lia "You are right to question loyalties; Cahleth does have ties to the Harpers which may influence his judgement but Geoffroy has ties to his church and his god which may influence his judgement as well. Both may be placed in a position wherein they are forced to decide between the best interest of the Blaze, their faith, or their organization and those things may not always align. Do we really need a leader outside of combat situations or situations that call for immediate action?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jan, 2017 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 45

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Looking up to meet Lia's eyes, Sar'ai gives a slightly puzzled look at her. "I have no desire to lead this group. Being the face of an organization makes you a target. I merely do not understand the apparent need that you all have to be lead! Can we not act as cohesive unit while still maintaining a sense of equality amongst all who voice opinions or concerns?" The half-drow drops her eye contact, "I understand a degree of pageantry when needing to present a 'face' for jobs that would require such, but not as a permanent position within the group. You pointed out Cahleth's lack of reservation on his call to approach the south camp," She looks back up to Lia, "Did we not also take the situation into our own hand when things didn't go 'according to plan' here?" Sar'ai motions to the women who have now apparently joined their outfit.
"We do not need one person barking commands, but perhaps a statute of ways to conduct ourselves when separated or not given the chance to communicate openly with one another that we all can agree to."

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2017 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 45

Cahleth cannot help but feel a twinge of pride when Poljen mentions his name for leader. He bristles, though, at Lia's rebuttal, "Yes, it is true that I failed with the lone scout. I thought he would give chase, and he did not. As for ambushing the camp. Targul, Poljen and I did not know that backup was on the way, let alone when it would arrive. The iron was hot, and we struck."

Turning to Onwen, "We all have loyalties outside of this group. Some to a temple, some to justice, others to family… or maybe even pride, or guilt." The point being, the Silver Blaze is about protecting the innocent, striking down tyranny, and defending the realm against evil. If we can accomplish these goals alongside our own personal gains, then so be it. Frankly, the work of the Harpers does not conflict the work we are set out to do; the work of defending Greenest. For that matter, nor do the teachings of Lathander conflict with that goal. Do you think those women we freed care about my allegiances? Or yours?" (He lets that hang for a moment).

To the group, "Decide what you will, I cast my vote for Poljen. He's no practical, brave, and staunch."

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.