Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 461 of 1199

Poppo says, "Yeah, that Zone of Truth - Page 461 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 461

Jack shakes himself and sheds the drowsiness from his limbs with a few flexions and some push-ups, after which he gulps down his breakfast and gives his equipment a perfunctory check.

Satisfied with the morning preparations, he approaches the Kobolds: "Jad, was it ? I understand and respect a careful and responsible fellow when I see one, and you can be sure no-one here expects you to do any heroics, you've done more than enough to help already. I guess the rest is up to us now. Now, about our new friend here", he points his thumb at Zarra, who's chatting quietly with Cratol at the edge of their camp, "I'd like to have as much trust in her as you seem to have. Hopefully she'll be a useful addition to the gang. But you have my thanks for all you've done for us, in any case. Look me up in Baldur's Gate next time you pass that way. Either that, or have some fresh flowers put on my gravestone !". He winks mischievously at the small reptilian before making his way towards the drow.

" Okay, Blueberry Cheeks, I guess I didn't get the time to make introductions as we were all a bit flustered last night, so allow me to correct that mistake: Jack Korvac's the name, Spying and General Mischief's the game. Meaning: I'm gonna be spying on you, and I'm gonna make sure you don't do mischief while you're with us. No, no, no need to thank me, that's what they pay me for. I seem to detect a distinct allure about you, something that makes me believe we may have a lot in common… You wanna travel with us, you gonna have to tow the line, at least to begin with. Which means: no wandering off on your own and doing things we won't know about; no crawling around anyone's stuff while they're sleeping; no whispering and plotting behind anyone's back; no betraying and backstabbing unless it's against our common enemies. We clear ? Good."

He gives the young dark elf a long look, then adds in Undercommon: "You Are A Young Warrior But Also Mistress Of Stealth, Like I Am. Are You Not ? Please Declare Your Allegiance And Describe Thy Skills, So This Group Can Make Use Of Them According To The Subterranean Law".

Out of Character:
He basically asks Zarra to describe her skills and tell him about her motivations to be traveling above ground, where she is traveling to, and what sort of help she thinks she can bring to their group.

Sponsored Links:
26th Aug, 2017 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

"My name is Zarra Glannath, an exile from my home for questioning those above me, fleeing when warned that I'd be killed," The drow tried to keep this part as stort as possible, not really wanting to going into any details, before continuing, "I'm a skulker able to use magic, learned to using stealth. I have keen insight and an understanding of survival, having learned the use of navigator and cartographer tools since coming above. Finally, though I often wish I didn't have to use it as often as I have, skill in deception. All this with expertise."

Looking to Jack, she says, in acknowledgement of their similarities, "Otherwise yes, I suppose that I do have similar capabilities to you. As young warrior and mistress of stealth, I have often felt that the shadows is my only reliable friend." Zarra signs, considering the rest of what had been said and in how she would answer such.

"I hold allegiance to none but my goddess Eilistraee, the Dark Maiden and daughter of Corellon Larethian," Zarra says so all could hear, before somewhat more softly saying as she looks down, "May others join her dance and life flourish with every step, and aid more drow in once again finding the light" She brushes her fingers against a symbol pressed into the leather of her clothes, above her right breast, the silhouette of an unclad female drow with long hair dancing before a full moon with a silver bastard sword.

Finally, she will finish with the promise, ""I will not wonder, nor disappear without the group being aware. I will not go through anyone's pack or belongings. Having been betrayed, you will not see such from me. I will only use my blades against those we oppose." Zarra hope such would be enough, though she understood many would not believe her.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Aug, 2017 - 4:31pm

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cratol pulls out his scroll case and begins to leaf through his notes inside. "Ah the Lady Dancer. If you are a follower of her then you are not evil but good. Not many good natured Drow elfs around." He states this loud enough for all to hear.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 461 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Jack nods at Zarra's words, calmly holding her eyes as he replies in Undercommon: "Well Met Then, Zarra Of The Stealthy Shadows. May Your Dark Wrath Fall On Our Common Foes And Your Word To Us Always be True, Under Oath Of Death. May You Rise More Than You May Crawl !"

He then winks at her and adds in Common, so all can hear: "Not bad, eh ? I learned that from an old gnome that had been captured by the Duergar and survived long enough to teach me a few impressive quotes like that. Always wanted to use it. So… I guess you're okay. But careful, I'll still have my eye on you for the time being - not that I mind, as you're pretty easy on the eyes… ever been told ? ".
He flashes Zarra a toothy grin, then turns towards the others: "Looks like our new recruit can be put to work right away, gang: she claims to be a cartographer and skilled in survival. Maybe a good thing too, considering we're about to delve into impenetrable, skanky, stinky, swampy no-man's land !"

He holds Lia's eye for a brief moment and gives a curt nod, so as to say: don't you worry, I got this under control.

Out of Character:
Assuming Jack used Undercommon, as it is being spoken by most races underground, but if Zarra doesn't know this particular language, we can replace it with elvish instead for practical purposes.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 26th Aug, 2017 - 4:32pm

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Having finally gotten the goggles removed, Oswald rubs his face and smiles. "Thank you Lia and thank Sune."

He pulls out a tan shirt from his bag and wraps his goggles in them. On the outside he writes in chalk "Emergency Only" and tucks them back into his bag.

He stands and looks at the light of the morning sun barely cutting through the thick fog. As he stretches he overhears Jack and Zarra's conversation. Stepping forward he states; "Jack, you seem to have forgotten the secret, not to mention deadly, part of our secret mission."

He motions to Zarra with his hand. "She may be an adventurer of good intent, but she is not a part of this quest." He turns towards Zarra. "No offense, I have nothing but respect for you, but… " He turns back to Jack. "This mission is too sensitive for us to be picking up strays."

He looks over to Lia. "What are you thoughts leader?"

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 26th Aug, 2017 - 4:41pm

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jad speaks up, "This is your decision, but I would like to note a few things. You are two down in numbers since leaving Waterdeep, her going with you does not pose a threat to the secrecy of this venture, and it looks as if she would be an asset."

"If she is willing to accept the dangers, the only important question left concerns whether you feel that she can be trusted. You have means of ascertaining truth and intent do you not? You had me and Poppo go through that on our first meeting."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 461

"She should know that this is not just a stroll through the swamp. This may be long term and we may not come back from this. Without knowing our quest, without knowing us, knowing that there are those among us that don't trust you and that you may very well die; tell me if you are still okay joining our group? And then tell me why?"

He looks at Lia. "All of which you'll have to do under a zone of truth." He turns back to Zarra. "Then I'll accept you."

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:51pm

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 461

Poppo says, "Yeah, that Zone of Truth thing works." He looks at Zarra and says, "Just try real hard not to resist. Lia gets kinda grumpy if you do that, even if you don't mean it. Plus, since you are a drow, we really need to know if you really are a good person. Or at least good enough, if you know what I mean," he says with a wink.

Walking over to Lia, he looks up at her and says, "She pretty. Wouldn't your goddess want you to give someone beautiful a chance? At least to stand up to your goddess' magic? We can use all the help we can get. There's plenty of us to watch her and stuff. Please?" His eyes widen as he looks at Lia.

Out of Character: : Picture Puss n Boots.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.