Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 51 of 1199

Cahleth chuckles as Lia describes the Mask - Page 51 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st Jan, 2017 - 10:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
31st Jan, 2017 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 51

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Once everyone begins to start collecting their gear and getting ready to head on to Greenest, Sar'ai will approach several members of her party.

First, Sar'ai heads over to Onwen, assuming he can be found with little effort, and details what she found within the chest. Then she hands him the scroll of 'animate dead', "This will probably be of more use to you." The half-drow smiles and walks away.

Next she approaches Cahelth, "Managed to crack that lock, thanks for your assistance, though." There is a slight sarcastic tone to her words. Sar'ai then hands the ranger the set of fine clothes, "I have noticed you spend a deal of time maintaining the look of your clothing and the such. Maybe having extra sets might have you allocating that time to less trivial things, hm?" She smiles, half heartedly, and moves on.

The wizard then approaches Lia, and very bluntly extends a scroll, "I know this one already. Perhaps you could use it?" Then Sar'ai walks away.
(Gave Lia Protection from Good and Evil)

Finding Poljen, probably loading things on to wagons, Sar'ai approaches the brute of a man, "Thought this might interest you. I know you like shiny things." Smiling, she hands over the dented spy glass. She then walks away as he probably begins looking through it from the wrong end…

After she has made her rounds, she will then settle into one of the wagons and begin to study the gems to try and identify what they are and perhaps get a rough idea of their worth. She will then begin to focus herself and stretch out through the weave to get a sense of the arcane rune on the odd tooth.
(Detect magic as a ritual)

Out of Character: Just kind of wanted everyone to have something. I know I left out Kratol and Targul, but the Targul already has the magic weapon, and with Kratol, she would just assume being a monk he wouldn't care for such items.
I'm also going to do a straight INT check for the appraisal of the gems. If allowed to use proficiency, add +2.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Intelligence (appraise on D20 (+3): 11 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia looks at Sar'ai and smiles. " Thank you Sar'ai. I knew that deep inside you had some kindness in there. " She laughs " Really, thank you. "

Lia approaches Cahleth after this. She touches his hand to get his attention, leaving it there for just a moment more than necessary before removing it. " Cahleth, I just want you to know I didn't mean to come off as if I was attacking you. It's my role to keep everyone here alive and I get defensive over them sometimes. Even though I feel that attack was ill advised it also required courage. I wasn't there and it was your call to make. It's in the past now. I just don't wish for there to be ill feelings between us. " She has a dazzling smile on her face as she looks at him.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cahleth graciously accepts the finely folded clothing from Sar'ai. "Yes, you never know when the situation might call for glad-handing over expensive hors d'oeuvres. Thanks for these, I'm sure they will come in handy.

As Cahleth packs away the clothes and prepares to head out with the rest of the caravan, he is approached by Lia. "Thank you for the apology, but it isn't necessary. I'm glad you are so passionate about the well-being of others. Just trust that I try to live with no regrets. If I do something, it's because I've already weighed the outcomes. My calculations won't always be right though. I'm gald to know that you and the rest of the Blaze is there to clean up any messes."

Cahleth is intentionally trying to be nonchalant, which may come off as cliche when one-on-one with Lia.

"Before you go… I was just rearranging my pack, and found this in my pocket. I picked it off one of the bandits yesterday. Any idea? Think it has much significance?" As he speaks, he pulls out the mask amulet for Lia to inspect.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 51 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen furrows his brow when Sar'ai approaches, wondering what sort of gibe she has ready this time. But he is pleasantly surprised when she presents him with the spyglass. His eyes light up and he says with enthusiasm, "Ah! I have seen one of these in a shop in Baldur's Gate! They seem to be quite useful, but the cost seemed more than was worthwhile for me. Thank you!" Once on his horse he brings the eyepiece to his face and scans the surroundings, his grin getting wider. He looks towards the mountains, just to learn how much closer they will seem. He also does look around to see if anyone is watching, then for fun quickly takes a look through the other end.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia eyes Cahleth as he talks. There is just something about Cahleth. He responded to her apology in a unusual manner. Something is not quite right. He acted too calm about it all. If there was a chance he would become their leader she needed to know him better. Lia didn't want a leader that didn't have the group's best interests in mind. She would need to get to know him better, to make sure that he did. Lia smiles, knowing how easy it is to manipulate most men. Getting to know him better shouldn't be too difficult. A little flirting would take her a long way.

Lia takes the amulet and holds it up to study it for a moment. She recalls seeing this image before and furrows her brow as she tries to recall the connection.

Specific Action: She will use the religion skill to recognize what it is. I'm rolling because I don't know if she would automatically know it without a roll.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sar'ai isn't certain exactly what is going on with that tooth, but thinks that the rune is helping preserve and amplify some aspect inherent to it.

The lesser gemstones are together worth several hundred gold, the sapphire Linn bribed Miller with is worth several hundred as well. She thinks that she might need to double check market prices, or at least get a second opinion, to be certain of the precise value.

Based on his earlier musings about the followers of Tiamat, when he sees the cloth presented by Onwen, Geoffroy is reminded of one particular quirk common to them. They'll often pattern their lives after aspects of particular races of dragonkind. Blue dragons like the one depicted on that cloth are known for being ambush predators, and for manipulating others into doing their dirty work. Which would fit with the methods Linn employed here.

Lia recognizes the symbol as that of Mask, a deity of trickery whose doctrine states that wealth belongs to those able to take it. She does not recall much else.

As there appears to be no dissent, Sir Onthar has the prisoners rounded up, away from both the caravan and the road, though he won't prevent any from witnessing if they choose. A simple prayer is said, and then the executions begin. The paladin handles it himself, a grim look on his face as he beheads them one by one.

One man makes a wild attempt to get away, but one of the Order members guarding the prisoners simply shoves a shortsword in his chest. He's dead almost as soon as he hits the ground.

Another pyre is quickly assembled, and the bodies piled on. There is no ceremony this time, and the caravan begins rolling again in short order, with the fire burning behind them. Greenest awaits.

I'm going to need perception and survival checks from anyone scouting ahead of the group.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 51

Lia remembers now where she has seen the symbol. She looks at Cahleth with a frown on her face. " This is a symbol of the deity Mask. He is a deity of trickery. His believers follow the doctrine of wealth belongs to those who can take it. He isn't the nicest of deities you might say. "

She sees that the prisoners are being led away for execution but doesn't feel the need to watch it. The cleric checks that all of her gear is secure. She is one of those that heads out in front and to the right flank to scout ahead. Lia knows that any turn ahead could hide the enemy so she rides at full alert for anything unusual. Her long tresses flow out behind her as she rides.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 51

Cahleth chuckles as Lia describes the Mask deity, "Sounds like a god for the Zhents if I've ever heard one. A lot of good it did them. I'll show it to Sir Onthar as well… perhaps he'll know more."

After Cahleth joins the rest of the caravan and shows the amulet to Sir Onthar, he sets out to scout ahead as normal. Keeping a keen eye and ear out for any trouble or suspicion of trouble.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.