Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 531 of 1199

Zarra will try to get into position to attack - Page 531 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Sep, 2017 - 6:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 531

Fay quickly looks around the room for any other books, coins, magic items. He goes to the tome but doesn't touch it. Does it look to be alarmed or trapped? He says, "What do ye think that tower be Jack? Maybe as important, where do ye think it be?" He thinks for a second then continues, "Me guess is the ugly one guards the treasure. I know I'd have me treasure guarded and guarded by one I could trust… if'n I had a treasure. Do ye think the ruckus will move him? Me guess is no and he be waiting there still."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Jack nods to himself before answering: "Yep, Skullface down there is the guardian of something, that's for sure… As for this room here, it looks like a sort of magical spying tower, to let them know what goes on in the surrounding areas of their base. Pretty neat set-up, if you ask me, remind me to tell Poppo about this place when we get back. Talking about which, I'm worried that the treasure may be whisked away if the keep gets breached. Reckon we should go back down to see what's going on there? Then maybe rally the troops and bring them here to see how big Poljen and our Carrot-top deal with dragonnuts, whatcha think? ". Jack smiles to himself: "I bet Velon won't like much what this beastie uses as a trophy, either. Slaughtering baby silver dragons can't be too high-up on our bearded friend's list of Nice Things To Do. I'm telling ye, there'll be a blood bath and it won't be ours, today! "

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Right, but on the way down let's listen in on the Elves" Fay says. "Me guess is they be gone replying to the alarm and mayhaps we can find a way round the beastie. If memory serves, these creatures spit what their parent does. Poljen lost to one of these and it didn't use part of its arsenal. We'll beat it but it may well kill one of us. One last try to find a way to bypass old lizard face."

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 531 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Jack groans as if suddenly remembering something: "That's right: Blacks use acid, don't they… Mmh, you may be right, it's worth a try. But before we go listening in on the elves, I'd like to inspect the ground floor back to the entrance where that snoring guard was. For one, I'd bet he's wide-awake now. Remember the rule of thumb: if we're having to leg it back out at any point, I wanna make sure the way out isn't blocked by more guards. Just as a precaution, you understand. Not everyone can sing their enemies to sleep, and there's only so many blades hidden on this rogue here… ".

The Amber Coat is feeling the familiar rush of adrenaline that comes with the best heists: soon the mask will be theirs, if they can only play their cards right. "And no-one said we couldn't cheat at cards on this one… ", the rogue thinks to himself before following next to Fay back on the battlements, then back down the stairs.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay and Jack exit the structure in time to see several groups boil up onto the battlements. Coming up the stairs they had intended to take, in gleaming armor, is a contingent of elves. Their leader, a tall and scarred man who seems prone to flamboyant gestures, is shouting in elvish about how they'll show these lesser races just what they are capable of. The elves line up on the northern wall, bows at the ready.

At about the same time, lizardfolk start popping up at the southwest and southeast corners of the fort. They move fast, using numbers and strength to simply roll over the defenders on the wall.

The door by Poljen opens as some foolhardy cultist rushes in. He is quickly slaughtered as a result. The next is a bit more cautious, sending a sheet of flame within instead, burning Mari, Velon, and Poljen. It looks like there might be as many as a dozen beyond the door, and they look to be readying bows rather than gearing up to rush the gap.

Out of Character: 5 damage each to Velon, Poljen, and Lia (Thanks to warding bond link.).

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The gout of flame causes Poppo to jump but he quickly regains his composure and waits for the door to open again. He steps back so that he is beyond another shot of flame and when the door opens he launches a lightning bolt out the door at the figures beyond, trying to catch as many as possible in its path.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 531

Velon sees the enemy lined up in the hallway and steps to the side of the door. "Fools" he thinks with a wide grin, already picturing lightening bolts and balls of fire from his comrades cooking the whole line." Just as he pictures it in his mind, it happens, but at the hands of Poppo, of course. He expects another any second and stays out of the way.

The Paladin feels the fury of Bahamut welling up inside him, the drive that is not fully his own motivating him to unleash his fire and steal on anyone left in this keep. All of the sneaking around is finally over, but he must be patient for another moment as his friends deal with those blocking the hall.

Velon readies a strike for any enemy fool who enters the room, otherwise keeping the doorway open for the casters to do their thing.

Out of Character: . Just a readied Green Flame action if any enemy crosses the threshold of the door.

28th Sep, 2017 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 531

The Quiet Shadow says...

Zarra will try to get into position to attack with her hand crossbow, and if the room isn't too bright with shadows also try to hide, before aiming towards the occultists at the door. The drow does hold concern though, worry that the time they waste not seeking the mask could allow it to slip from their fingertips. She was also a bit frustrated, feeling that if she had been allowed to go look for it they would have it.

Specific Action: Making two rounds of attack with Zarra's hand crossbow, possibly with sneak attack. I just need to get some partial cover to stealth.

Out of Character: I still feel that now the alarm has been sound, there is a high chance that the mask might be spirited away and out of our grasp.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Sep, 2017 - 6:38pm

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Attack (+1 h.crossbow) on D20 (+4): 8, 17 (2 rolls)
  • Damage (+1 h.crossbow) on D6 (+3): 7, 7 (2 rolls)
  • Initiative on D20 (+0): 20 (1 rolls)
  • Sneak Attack on D6 (+0): 2, 4, 4, 4, 1, 2 (6 rolls)

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.