Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 552 of 1199

Shortly after morning, a Sending arrives from - Page 552 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Oct, 2017 - 3:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 10th Oct, 2017 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 552

Poppo, who had plopped on the ground to take a rest, pipes up, "We have to get that mask back because if we don't the cultists might be able to bring back Tiamat to this realm or something. In case you don't know, Tiamat is an evil dragon god. She would make a mess of everything around here. The cultists think that Tiamat would kill all their enemies and they would survive. That's a pretty stupid idea if you ask me. Why would Tiamat care about them at all? Probably just squish them between her multi-coloured toes or something. The guy who hired us, Silas, wants to get the mask back so that he can keep this cult from releasing Tiamat from wherever she is. Pays good too from the sounds of things if that's what you are in things for. I like money but its not everything. Nice to have though. Hey, do you think the lizardfolk are going to be cool? I saw this one guy and he was drooling looking at me. I thought maybe he had a condition but now I am thinking he might want to eat me. Monsters always seem to want to eat me."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Oct, 2017 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Instructing his hawk familiar to follow the hybrid discreetly at a goodly distance until she stops, then return to him, Lawrance keeps watch on the artifact for more activity for another two hours. The forces attending the gate still too large for his meager group, he then resolves to wait for his familiar back at the camp, and return later. Pondering on ways to distract the scruffy guards, Lawrance muses his spells. "Now that I know the artifact is active, I wonder if more uglies are going to come through?"

Specific Action: Wait to see if there is more activity or an opportunity to get close to the artifact safely for a long period of time. If there is, ritual cast Alarm on it, then spend time studying it's workings. If no opportunity presents itself, go back to camp and come out every two hours to check again.

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2017 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen hears Zarra's words, but before he says anything he looks to Lia. "It is your decision if we include her, Boss Lady. She has done well enough, and not interfered with out efforts. I have no issue with inviting her fully into the mission, though maybe not the Silver Blaze as of yet." Glancing back at Zarra he says, "That is a high honor that requires more effort. Just ask Velon and Fay. Ha!"

When Poppo answer her partially he adds, "We are not entirely sure of their goals, but that is what we guess so far."

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2017 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 552 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Several hours later, with no movement from the site and no thoughts yet from his familiar, Lawrance retires to his camp.

The sun has reached its zenith and has started to go back down when the hawk finally returns. He reports that the half dragon and her retinue entered a village nestled in a valley south of here. He lost sight of the quarry when she entered a building larger than most there.

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2017 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia eyes Zarra narrowly for a moment then nods." Very well Zarra. You have proven yourself trustworthy and now you deserve to know what you are risking your life for. It is as our diminutive cook said. There is a cult that worships Tiamat and is doing everything in their power to bring her physically to this world. This would bring about the doom of this world so we fight it."

"We fought another group of these cultists a few months ago. They were taking human females and using them as breeding receptacles for half dragons. The women were killed in the process. That is some of the evil that we are dealing with. This black dragon mask is very powerful and if we can get it away from Rezmir it will greatly hurt their effort to bring forth Tiamat. "

Lia looks around the room for a monent and then back to the drow. "Zarra, you are under no obligation to go through this portal with us. I have no idea what awaits us on the other side. Feel free to just walk away if you wish. I will think no less of you if you do so. This is why we fight. We are doing everything in our power to stop this evil cult from summoning Tiamat. So.. What do you think of helping now?"

Out of Character: : Rolling for charges restored to wand of lightning bolts. If I roll a 1 on the D 20 roll then the wand's power is extinguished forever. I have to roll that since I used all of the wand's charges.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th Oct, 2017 - 12:31pm

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2017 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lawrance sighs, the waiting for the artifact availability becoming intolerable. Spending the night in camp, he resolves to make them leave in the morning, somehow. Using his communication with his familiar to jot down a rough map of the village to find it later, if he needs to, he arranges watches, warning his hirelings to remain within the Hut as much as possible to avoid detection, and plans his spells for the dawn. He polls his employees, telling them that he plans to see if an attack is feasible, and offering a bonus of 10 gp each if they join in the fray.
In the morning, as soon as light has lifted over the horizon, he and any who took him up on the offer approach the artifact area, checking out the forces arrayed against them.
Out of Character: : Persuasion roll to convince hirelings
SA : Renew ritual Hut and place ritual Alarms along three of the approaches to his camp. Set the hawk to watch as well.
Spells in mind as of the morning:
1st - Mage Armour, Witch Bolt, Magic Missile
2nd - Hold Person, Phantasmal Force, Scorching Ray
3rd - Lightning Bolt, Protection from Energy
4th - Summon Minor Elementals, Fire Shield.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Oct, 2017 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 552

The Quiet Shadow says...

The drow will consider Lia for a moment, a serious expression on her face though a small smile appears on her face before Zarra says with a smile, "So either help you make sure the mask can't be used to bring back Tiamat, preventing her return, or walk away so that The Avaricious can consume this world… I feel that is fair motivation to continue on and offer my aid in completing this mission." She was glad to finally understand the full stakes of this venture, and way it was important.

Her smile grows, before Zarra says, "You're not getting rid of me that quickly fair leader, I just felt fair was fair and I deserved to know." The drow will consider the others, waiting for their reaction, though also wonder just how likely they were to actually complete the mission and see this through. Zarra didn't want to see them charge in to their death, and will add, "I say we wait, at least long enough for people to help up and regain their magic. I'm willing to help keep first watch." To will pray to her goddess to watch over them, thinking Eilistraee will not want to see Tiamat raise.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Oct, 2017 - 6:12pm

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2017 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 552

Shortly after morning, a Sending arrives from Silas to Lia. "Distraction proceeding well, but how long it can be kept up is uncertain. Progress on your end?"

Tensions in the newly recovered fort are rising. The majority of lizardfolk want you to leave, while the second largest group want to deal with you the usual way the tribe deals with trespassers. Snapjaw had to get into a challenge fight already this morning over the matter, he finished it by slamming the challengers head into the wall until he stopped moving. He strongly suggests that you keep to yourselves and go whenever possible

By the time the group gets its rest and the spellcasters finish repairing the circle, it is nearly noon the next day. The portal stands ready, it just requires energy. The easiest means to give that is to expend spell energy into the runes.

Out of Character: You need to sacrifice the equivalent of five spell levels to open the portal. It does not all need to be from one person, and it can be any combination of different level spell slots.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 13th Oct, 2017 - 5:43pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.