Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 592 of 1199

Poljen says, "So even if we can't - Page 592 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st Oct, 2017 - 4:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2017 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 592

In regards to entering the main keep, there is always the front door, which doesn't appear to be locked or barred at the moment. There are also a number of entries up above that a flyer or a good climber could reach.

The Well was reported as being over a thousand miles off. You are uncertain as to what kind of top speed this castle has, but the better part of a day seems a reasonable estimate of a minimum time frame. Even with the Cloud Giants' mastery of the magics of air and weather powering this thing, there are limits.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2017 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Did you mention possible entries higher up on the keep? Could we perhaps get one person up there and lower a rope for the rest? Walking through the front door doesn't sound like a lot of fun!"

"Hm, perhaps we'd have to take out the next guard tower so that we'd be able to climb up one side of the keep without being seen from either angle."

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2017 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

She shakes her head and laughs at Poljen. When she hears Velon speak of their options she furrows her brow." I'll be glad to help out in either way Velon. I could fly up with some rope to drop down or help take out the next guard tower. Whatever is needed Boss."
She grins excitedly while thinking of the treasure." This could make all of our fortunes. All that wealth that is waiting to be taken. If we take this castle and it's contents we will be set up for life. We need a pilot." She glances at Poppo and Lawrance.

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2017 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 592 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen shakes his head and mutters something about a person of the cloth being awfully concerned with material things. But he has a twinkle in his eye.

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2017 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Let me think about that for a bit. I've not encountered vampires that I've had to kill before. Just one that let me use her library for a couple of months. Oh, and we should consider that the guards will be changing or reduced in a short bit. I'd expect that shifts change to barebones, once the castle has launched. The bosses will be expecting the ones we took down."
Specific Action: Hashing his mind for details about vampires and how to kill them. Looking for accesses into the keep, as well as judging air speed once we've taken off.
Out of Character: : Is this communication by Message cantrip, or are we talking via relay from the access to the roof? In other words, can I talk to everyone or just Velon?

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 31st Oct, 2017 - 3:02pm

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lawrance's study of religious knowledge suggest that running water or sunlight are among the best things to use against vampires.

In the absence of either, radiant magic or holy water can prevent them from regenerating from wounds. Anything effective against undead in general would also be usable.

Perhaps most troubling, is that they're impossible to truly defeat outside of their resting place, unless in running water or sunlight. On being defeated, they break up into mist and spend time regenerating back in said resting place. That place must be found to destroy them permanently.

If found within their resting place, a stake in the heart can paralyze them.

Out of Character: The group can stand on the second landing, with Lawrance talking to them down the stairwell easily enough.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2017 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 592

"If this creature IS a vampire we are going up against, Velon, you and Lorairies may want to consider making some holy water. I personally don't have any Daylight spells memorized, so I'll have to rely on massive damage from spells."

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2017 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 592

Poljen says, "So even if we can't find its resting place, we could kill it, and it would have to go to its resting place. That should be good enough for the moment. Though if we can find its resting place by all means we must destroy it permanently."

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.