Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 607 of 1199

When Velon looks to him Cratol will use his - Page 607 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Nov, 2017 - 4:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2017 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 607

Lora looks surprised at the talk of knocking the guard out." Knock him out? Knock him out and throw him to the ground below is the better option. This guard is knowingly involved in this attempt to have Tiamat take over the world. He is an enemy. Why be soft now? What if he manages to escape his bonds and sound the alarm? Is it worth taking that chance, risking our lives and this mission to spare this man?"

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 8th Nov, 2017 - 12:50pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2017 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon walks up to the prisoner, a grave look on his face. "Is Glazhael a dragon? What kind?"

--------------------
Out of Character: He awaits a response. After that…
--------------------

Velon lets out a large sigh. He truly looks tormented. "There is no doubt you know that what you are doing here with this cult is evil. What say you to that? Are you truly evil?"

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2017 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The man starts raving, "Lord Glazhael is one of the great ones yes. With scales like driven snow, and breath like that of a winter storm. Go, seek him out. Kneel in his presence, and beg for his forgiveness. He may grant it to some of you."

"Evil? The only evil I have done here was in allowing weakness and fear to loosen my tongue. Everything has been in service to the Queen, and I must atone for speaking to you. A sacrifice? Yes."

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2017 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 607 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon shakes his head, and drops his chin. "This man should face judgement in the face of the law. Unfortunately, this is not an option here. He is evil, and poses a great risk to our mission. Mercy is best, but not when it is truly unwise. Although I may not be worthy, Silas counseled me on this. We must pass judgement on him since there are no other options, even if it is what he wants."

Velon draws his sword and looks around at the party.

"I would hear from any that object, if they wish to speak."

Out of Character: . Forced into the Paladin moral quandary. Yuck! wink.gif.

8th Nov, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

"Asking someone convinced of their cause or who they follow if they're evil, is a fool's errand," Zarra will say, before continuing with the words, "A zealot does not sees their actions as extreme, and creates every excuse for their leaders or the one they venerate." The drow could not believe such a naive question being asked.

Seeing the paladin raise his sword, Zarra stops him saying, "No, do not risk yourself or your oath. Let another." With such the drow will reveal her dagger and offer, "Let one already familiar with the darkness deal the killing blow." Hopefully he will understand why it was unwise for him to kill the helpless guard.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Nov, 2017 - 3:41pm

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2017 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lawrance speaks up "Far be it, as the newcomer, to pass any kind of judgement on your choice to slay this helpless prisoner, but he is both helpless and our prisoner. Is he truly evil, or is he merely a pawn, brainwashed and mesmerized by the dragon-awe and powerful people he has been taken in with? Does your ability to sense evil truly trigger with this one, proving his intentions beyond any doubt? Could not slaying this deluded one jeopardize your standing with your patron? I do not condone evil people and their actions, but I also don't see that wanton killing of the defenseless is any better. Ultimately, it is your decision, but that is my opinion on it."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2017 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 607

"I do not ask the question because I care to hear the man's perspective on evil, but rather to give him a chance to speak and repent, however unlikely. I feel a chance must be given before any judgement is passed. I also violate no Oath, and feel Silas would advise wisdom over mercy here based on his teachings in my brief time with him. I'm not sure which is worse Zarra, to have his blood on my blade or to levy the sentence on behalf of Bahamut and the group but not have the resolve to carry it out myself. I will yield to your request, however, and appreciate your concern."

The paladin walks away from the prisoner and over to stand near Lawrance and the others.

"Thank you, Lawrance, for your words. They are not ignored. This is no easy choice. Perhaps we are lucky not to have faced it more often in this venture. It seems many here feel the risk is too great, which is probably wise. I hope you will forgive us and carry on with us as our mission is most dire. All members here save two have been new to this party at one point or another, and all are valued greatly. I ask that you share such thoughts with us again when such choices are at hand. Perhaps it will be your words that save us from a grave mistake some day, as we are sure to be tested further against this madness. If one day we do not even listen or take the life of one such as this where there is no wisdom to suggest it, we will indeed be truly lost."

Velon stands back and nods to Zarra and Poljen.

After the deed is done he suggests they get a move on to the keep wall with haste, looking to Cratol to lead them.

Out of Character: . Really sorry to get all Paladin Lawful Good morality debate-e on you, but hard to have Velon ignore the moral question being discussed in his current position. I don't really enjoy the preachy, judgement passing aspect here. Messaged Daishain for advice, thus the reference to what Silas would say. Perhaps I should refer to him more as a Sorcerer and dodge such questions, eh? wink.gif . Let's move on, shall we?

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2017 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 607

When Velon looks to him Cratol will use his grappling hook to get them over to the keep towards the top.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.