Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 726 of 1199

"I figured there might be some objections, - Page 726 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 726

I glance at Ignazio." We had discussed earlier about working together to sneak in to spy out the dragon's lair. I'm still willing to try that out if you are." She addresses the others." Well with Zarra that will make 3 of us. Any objections?"

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Anyone figure out what's special about that cloak you all found?"

Velon gives a nod in suggestion that the plan sounds good. "Remember, don't get eaten," he adds with a grin.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen senses Zarra's mood and looks as if he is about to reply, then shrugs. Once the primary scouts are set he adds, "I will lead the rest of us, as I can be relatively quiet for my size, and if things go wrong for the lead scouts, I can come barreling in." He turns to Zarra, Lora and Ignazio. "After you," he says.

Out of Character: : He intends to be roughly 40-50 feet behind them, also stealthing.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 726 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol will follow right behind Poljen. Not wearing any armor and having removed the guard tunic he is back in just his normal clothing.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"I wanted to discuss tactics with all of you, pending the scouting. Rezmir was smart and did not bother to attack Poljen, if I recall correctly, at least not until she had taken several of the rest of us out. I don't know how smart this dragon is, but it is sure to wreak havoc on all that get close, regardless. How much effort(Time/actions) and healing should be used on the rest of us if we fall in this fight? What I'm really getting at is something I've pondered for a while. Perhaps not this fight, but at some point I envision a foe that is best for Poljen to face up close alone, the rest of us attacking from afar and healing the Snow Leopard. We have seen you in battle, mighty one, and you seem to have twice the vitality of anyone else I've ever met, if not more. If Poljen were to fall, I would go in next. In the meantime I would heal and toss fire at the beast."

After taking a breath, Velon adds "Basically I just want you to spare all of the rest of us from breaking a nail here, big guy."

"Alternatively, we could at least let you go in first and see what it is made of, eh? Get its attention. Then Cratol and I could join, along with anyone else who prefers to fight up close, once we have seen what it can do."

Out of Character: . Basically Poljen's HP is worth twice anyone else's (Barring rogues halving damage, etc.), never mind him having the most HP too, and thus healing spells are worth twice as much in a sense on the big man. I've been wondering for a while when we just let him face something alone with the rest at range. I could heal a good amount on him while tossing cantrips and concentrating on haste, especially vs a dragon that may be hurt more by firebolt. It's a shame to let a big bad stomp Cratol or Velon out quickly and then spend the rest of the fight either not helping or getting healed, dropping to zero, healed again, and overall just wracking up exhaustion when you have Poljen around. If not this fight, I could see it at some point. Just a suggestion. Maybe people just want to fight as part of their Dungeons & Dragons enjoyment.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cratol will speak up, "I have no range weapons. While he is big and tough to bring down I can do some good damage too. Having two people attacking the dragon at the same time from different angles can distract it from possibly attack both at the same time. It makes more sense to attack from afar as those who can take some damage attack close in.

Out of Character: Monks have evasion too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 726

"I am all for letting someone take the brunt of the dragon's ire. With suitable protections, he would be nearly invulnerable against any single foe. Groups of foes would be wiser than that, however, and the dragon should be smarter than letting us reinforce our handy Barbarian for long. As long as we have some warning before encountering the dragon, we can brace him quite well."

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:33pm

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 726

"I figured there might be some objections, so just an idea. I do insist that keeping Poljen up be the top priority, else a hungry dragon will be coming for our wizards before you know it. Let's at least let Poljen get its attention first, and, of course, everyone spread out!"

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.