Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 763 of 1199

"As time passes, Poppo and I can do more - Page 763 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jan, 2018 - 5:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
11th Jan, 2018 - 4:36am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 763

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, looks over at Lora as she leaves the group.
"Goodbye, Lora have a safe and prosperous journey, remember us," with that he offers her a formal dragonborn salute.

Out of Character: Holds his hand above his head, extending it forward, ending in a fist gesture. I made this up, on the fly. The meaning, of the closed fist, is about strength in sticking together. It is a dragonborns way of saluting a warrior, in greeting or farewell. Particularly a friend, or relative, but can be used before an opponent in a contest, as sign of respect.

Cinder, I've addressed your question on the loot, from Tazskans perspective in the Rules, Q&A thread.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2018 - 7:17am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

“A short time meeting,Lora, but we’ll met. Keep safe and in touch so we can join up when you are finished your tasks. “
“Velon, how about if we agree to the castle earning and equal share of our cash loot, now and in the future, for upkeep and such? That would be a substantial amount and could also be our set aside for raise dead and the like if we ever need it again. The diamonds remaining would be needed as well, but any priest we hire will have a fee. If we include the diamond as part of the castle share, it’ll give the castle still well over 2,000 gold for us to work with. “
“ each of us gets around 3700 that way, plus whatever we sell off. Good enough to enjoy”.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2018 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Esmerandia considers Velon's offer. "I can manage others well enough, would you have me act as the Majordomo for the staff?"

"As to rooms, anywhere I can get peace and quiet, other than the rooms I had been kept in, will suit me just fine."

Out of Character: Essentially the Dvati is offering to manage the household, mostly by keeping the cooks, maids, stableboys, and any other such nonmilitaristic staff hired in line and working efficiently. You'll likely want to find/hire a similar counterpart for the guards.

11th Jan, 2018 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Page 763 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Zarra would be sitting and resting, allowing the others to make the decisions or otherwise come up with the planning. When Lora decides to leave, the drow will give her goodbyes and hope to see her again. Looking to her, she will say, "Please stay safe, and try to be careful. Mask has many enemies, perhaps more then you know, even if he may protect his own."

Zarra tried to think back to where she might be if never had met with the others, still being saved from those frog creatures but then going on her way. Would she have made it out of the swamp by herself, made it back to a town or city. Perhaps even have found something less dangerous to earn some coin. There was a lot to consider.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Jan, 2018 - 4:09pm

11th Jan, 2018 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

Nikolaos addresses the twins saying "I think you would be excellent in that capacity, but please remember that you are no slave and should feel empowered to speak up or question or actions if you see anything that concerns you."
Then to the rest of the group "Perhaps this is where my mother could serve best? She has been running a tavern for years and is a skilled brewer and cook. Her loyalty would be unquestionable, and if there is one place you want loyalty it is in the person who prepares your food.
Another thought that I have had is that this castle can hold as much cargo as an entire fleet of ships and with a fraction of the manpower. Running a castle is expensive perhaps we could have it earn it's keep.
Cratol your lands produce iron from what I understand. Could we get it to market cheaper than with whatever method is currently being used?"

Out of Character: I'm worried that we may not be giving the castle a large enough share. Assuming we hire people at one gold per day 2,200 gold is only enough to hire 6 people for about a year which leaves very little for renovations.
We have already hired two people with the twins, who as far as I can tell have no special skills other than knowing the castle well. Which is very valuable and necessary seeing that I doubt any of our characters would be interested in day to day cleaning and maintenance.
We should also hire someone with engineering skills to oversee improvements and renovations.
Additionally we need enough guards on duty at any time to alert us to an incoming attack or defend the castle while we are in a dungeon crawl. I figure soldiers could likely double as unskilled labor.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2018 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Esmerandia, if that is the job you desire, then that it shall be. I would task you with one other responsibility, though. As one we trust, simply keep an eye on any newcomer we hire and report any suspicious activity to one of us immediately. This is mostly for any soldiers and engineers we hire, as you'll already be managing the rest."

"Nikolaos, it would be most excellent if your mother would like to join us, and be of help too! I hope Cratol's people take no offense if they have already accepted the notion of her at court."

Out of Character:
- Using the castle to move Cratol's good is a fantastic idea. It helps Cratol's people and is income to cover monthly expenses for our new home!

- KN didn't respond to the query but Cloak of Protection is not on his inventory list I don't believe. Nikolaos can take it from Velon.

- Velon would like Lawrance's suggestion on dividing up treasure, but yeah I'm not sure that 2k it is enough of an up front allocation to get everything and everyone we need. Perhaps the initial sum needs to be larger and the policy of the castle getting 1 share can be in place from there?

- A cook, other caretakers, a couple dozen guards(?), an engineer, etc. All seem important.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 11th Jan, 2018 - 6:58pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2018 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 763

I did not have the cloak of protection due to the fact that I could not find any reference to whether it would hamper my monk abilities. I would rather be safe and not hive it than to have it hamper my abilities.

I think the slippers would be a good addition to my character and will help him gain health back over time. He does not have a lot of magical items.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2018 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 763

"As time passes, Poppo and I can do more towards safeguarding our castle, but it takes a lot of time to complete. For now, a few wards in sensitive places, enclosing the dragon's lair, mounting some ballistas including the magic giant longbow and other minor protections should be enough. With enough staff, we can manage the shipping, cleaning and such of the place. Also, use of the unseen servant spell by anyone able to learn it would go a long ways to keeping the place well kept, for less cost. Let's hire some basic people, after Nikolaos' mother interviews them, and go from there. Stone shape and other spells can assist in ongoing renovations."
"Was there any word on when your friends would equip our home with an elemental, Velon?"
Out of Character: : The cost for basic underlings (Non-classed NPCs) is only 2 sp per day. We will certainly get more loot within a few weeks, if not sooner, as we adventure, so I think our budget is reasonable. Adding spells cast and such to renovations and interviewing and we can hopefully reduce any trouble. We shouldn't be keeping any huge value in the castle, and in fact both Poppo and I will have spent almost all our cash by the time we actually launch! It's expensive being a mage.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.