Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 85 of 1199

Cratol stands just outside the building waiting - Page 85 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Feb, 2017 - 2:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
18th Feb, 2017 - 5:43am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 85

The Friendly Necromancer says...

"Either kill him or let Sarai cut out his tongue" Onwen says dismissively to Lia "He's not going to talk and keeping him alive and with the ability to speak is an unacceptable variable… he is a waste of time and effort."

Onwen looks down at the mage giving the man a look of smug amusement "Thinks he has secured some sort of reward… the fool" he shakes his head "Let him go try and claim it from this supposed Queen of his."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 5:43am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen makes his way back down from the tower and to where Cahleth is meeting with Sir Onthar, Nighthill & Escobert. He strides in and speaks out without making any polite noises or apologizing for interrupting. He faces towards Cahleth and Sir Onthat but addresses the entire room.

"I sur… surveyed? Yes surveyed the countryside. To the south, some ten miles or so, I was a patrol moving west to east. It did not appear to be men on horses. I could not make them out clearly, but maybe centaurs, or… " He remembers being told of a dragon idol back in one of the bandit camps. "Ooh, maybe some sort of dragon-beast!" He grins. "That would make for an epic and glorious battle, eh?" His grin fades. "But I don't know what they were, truthfully. But they were there, whatever they were." He thinks and says, "Maybe Sar'ai, or your scout, Sir Onthar, can send their beasts flying that way to see… "

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 6:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Sir Onthar says awkwardly, "You don't mean Ichi's raven do you? He took an arrow in the eye when we were fighting the bandits, remember? The one casualty of that battle we couldn't save, discounting Miruvial of course."

"But yes, that sounds very interesting. I would appreciate it if someone finds Sar'ai and let her know we need a report on the surrounding region, starting with where you saw that patrol going."

Nighthill speaks up, "One of our citizens, Magnus, may be able to help as well. He has a familiar as well, a hawk. I'll send a runner to his home."

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 85 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia stares at Onwen. " We should turn him into Nighthill. Since when did we get into the practice of killing prisoners? If we do so then we are no better than our enemies. There are authorities here to turn him into. Cutting out his tongue is no better. What purpose does that serve? That's just torture. Are we monsters or are we better than that? I do hope we are better than this. " Lia looks at Sar'ai and Onwen.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 18th Feb, 2017 - 6:50am

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 6:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen frowns. "I forgot about about that raven. But if this Magnus is not ready, if there is a tame bird around, say one used to deliver messages, I can use a ritual where I can see through its eyes, as it flies. Faster, if such a creature is nearby."

Out of Character: : I recall some saying familiars are creatures of magic so Beast Sense would not work with them. That is why he is asking about other creatures.

18th Feb, 2017 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

*Retcon*

Sar'ai had let her spectral, disembodied hand take the dagger from her, and just as she was about to do something, Lia's words cut the half-drow's concentration for just a second, and she paused.

Sar'ai, listening to the cleric and Onwen go back forth over what to do with the mage, eventually interjects, "Lia, yes, I asked to you to bring him from the brink of death to answer our questions. However, clearly he is of the mindset that death is a better option. I am not one to so graciously grant someone like him 'the easy way out'. Removing his tongue may seem barbaric to you or even 'tortuous', but as a magic user, removing his ability to speak the necessary incantations renders him almost harmless. Besides, if we still wanted to interrogate him by doing it your way and bringing him to the 'authorities', he'd still have his hands he could write with. I promise not to cut those off." Sar'ai looks over at the mage, grinning, and whispers, "Yet… "
The half-drow turns back to Lia, "Onwen is correct, removing his tongue is very much the safer option if you're wanting him stay alive. Think of it like clipping the wings of a hawk, yes, they may still have the ability to attempt to hurt you with their talons, but you've greatly hindered them from gaining any advantage on you by not being able to fly."
Sar'ai stands and awaiting Lia's response, her spectral hand still floating next to her.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 85

Lia frowns as she hears this. " I understand what you are saying. It seemed you were doing it out of spite and not for safety. Your argument makes sense. At least he will still be alive. You may want to give him one more chance. He should know you aren't bluffing now and the only person wanting him to keep his tongue in here is leaving now. Do what you need to do Sar'ai, just don't torture him or kill him. I'll leave you to finish here. "

Lia gives one last look back to the mage then strides quickly from the building. She will look for Cratol and Geoffroy.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 18th Feb, 2017 - 1:38pm

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 85

Cratol stands just outside the building waiting to see what everyone is going to do next. He is in no hurry to go anywhere as it is just feel wrong when he is trying to move bouncing about like a balloon.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.