Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 861 of 1199

"Very good. Now, let me see, your initial - Page 861 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Feb, 2018 - 3:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2018 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 861

The speaker doesn't even blink at the request for them to return to the nine hells. The devils fish a bit of parchment from somewhere along with a quill, and their apparent leader starts writing.

The language is relatively speaking simple, clear, and in Common. The devil grins as he hands it to you. It says,

"I, Jazgorog, upon the signing of the latter portion of this contract, agree to truthfully answer any questions pertaining to the tomb of Diderius and its current occupants, discounting details pertaining to my life or those under me prior to our current visit to this plane. The agreement to disclose information will expire 1 Torilian day after the signing of this contract. Further, upon the completion of the latter portion of this contract, I and the Barbazu under my command will immediately return to our own home plane. Finally, I attest that the task listed in the second portion of this contract is possible to complete within the time frame mentioned, based upon my honest estimation of the abilities of the signee and his current companions."

Underneath this section is a personal rune that is literally painful to read, apparently the devil's signature.

Following that is a section stating, "I _, agree to end the life of the individual who summoned Jazgorog and his men to this plane on their current visit. If this task is not completed within one Torilian month's time of the signing of this contract, I agree to spend one Torilian year in Jazgorog's servitude. Further, if I delay entering this period of servitude, the length of it will extend by a time equal to said delay."

Out of Character: reminder for context, Toril is the name of the planet you're on.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Feb, 2018 - 5:04pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2018 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Hold on, what if this individual dies by some other means before I am able to reach him or passes away due to other natural causes or accidents? I'm not omnipotent and can't say they won't die before I can reach them. It's a dangerous world out there you know! It's only fair that the agreement should be amended for such an outcome," Perry stipulates to the devil.

Perry will also show the contract to the others so that they may provide their input as well before signing. "Does this look okay? Also, if you have any other questions for them, let me know," Perry says.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2018 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lawrance analyzes the contract with Poppo's help, looking for loopholes and recommending changes, as needed. "Seems pretty straight forward, although I'd maybe recommend adding 'one Torilian month's time, in the elapsed time of the signer's life' to prevent temporal ploy on their part."
Specific Action: rolling INT with advantage to check it over.

17th Feb, 2018 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 861 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

"Frankly speaking it's a better deal than I was expecting. I just hope whoever summoned them is a person who we want to kill anyway."

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2018 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lawrane adds "You should also revise it to 'is involved in the ending of ' otherwise you yourself would have to have the death blow"

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2018 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The contract is quickly revised to read that the signee simply has to ensure the individual in question is dead by the end of the month. He does not even have to be directly involved.

The devil refuses to amend the time frame to anything other than objective time for this world, citing the possibility of time bending shenanigans on your part. He does however add a clause stating that he and his "Will not in any way knowingly impede or delay the signee's ability to complete the task."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Feb, 2018 - 1:40am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2018 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 861

Okay, sounds good to me. Perry signs the document while reading it, "I Peregrine Maximilian Cornelius Pennington, agree to end the life of the individual who summoned Jazgorog… "and so on and so forth until he reads the whole thing including the new amendments.

"Alright, now answer up," Perry says.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2018 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 861

"Very good. Now, let me see, your initial questions."

"The idiot spoken of, and your target, is Diderius the Seer. His standing orders included to prevent damage to this place, and its contents, and otherwise defend this place, his life, and that of his servants. His last order to us was to gather in this hall and await further instruction. That was over a thousand years ago. Needless to say, as patient as our kind can be, we are tired of this room."

"At the time of our initial service, we were very well compensated, as was our master in the nine hells. While we were to keep an eye out for further opportunities, our principle objective was simply to uphold our end of the bargain. But our contract only concludes once Diderius' soul leaves this plane. That is why he must be ended, we cannot leave this place or this plane until he does. Even if destroyed on this plane, we'd be forced to return."

"Diderius' heart no longer beats, so we are no longer bound to prevent harm to him, but his soul is still here. Based upon what we have been able to glean with our limited divinations, he botched a ritual to become a deathless. His soul is bound to his crumbling carcass." The devil hooks a thumb off to the northeast. "Unable to move, or do much of anything other than speak, I understand that what's left of him is quite insane by now."

"As to a dwarf, yes, a group did pass through, we killed a few impetuous enough to attack us. The rest were wise enough to hold off. They went into the bedroom you just left, came running back out a bit later, a few heads short. They went that way after that, haven't seen them since." He indicates the eastern door. "I do not know for sure what he seeks, but my guess would be Diderius' scrying pool. I do not know if people still speak of it, but its power is the stuff of legends."

"No groups other than yours and that of the dwarf have been through here in years."

"As to traps, there are a fair number, though I'm sure you've encountered a few already. The entry hall statues can drive someone who looks at their faces insane. The chimera mosaics in the room past that can supposedly attack intruders, though I've never been told what triggers them. South of here is a golem that demands tribute, but he's mostly just there to intimidate penitents. There's also a sloped hall with a boulder trap. There's probably more, or less, I cannot be certain, a lot has occurred we haven't been able to observe."

"As to monsters, the main ones you should be aware of would be the Yuan-ti. A bed of them dug into this place a long time ago. They left us alone after losing a few of their number."

"What else would you know?"

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.