Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 862 of 1199

"I am also curious as to where they got - Page 862 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Feb, 2018 - 12:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2018 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 862

Perry looks perplexed and starts scratching his head as he says, "Wait so this, uh, Diderius fellow, is already dead? Yet I need to ensure he's still dead by the end of this month? Even though he's dead?"

Perry looks very confused.

"Don't get me wrong, I empathize with your situation. This is quite a wretched room to have to stay in forever. Still, how do I kill him if he's already dead? Is it just a matter of destroying his carcass or is there more to it?"

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2018 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"He's not really dead until his soul is destroyed, or it leaves his body. The former is very difficult for mortals to achieve, and the latter won't happen until whatever magics he used to bind himself have been disrupted. Destroying his body and sarcophagus would likely be sufficient, though in the interest of avoiding something going wrong, it may be prudent to study what can be studied first."

"I doubt you are capable of such feats, but if you can get in contact with a Marut, they would likely be willing to take care of it. I'm somewhat surprised one hasn't arrived here already. Perhaps Diderius found some way to conceal himself from those automatons."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Feb, 2018 - 4:29am

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2018 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lawrance perks up at the mention of a Marut, trying to recall some details of these artificial creatures.
Specific Action: Arcana.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2018 - 5:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 862 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lawrance recalls that Maruts are one variety of a class of being known as Inevitables. Outsiders like, and yet not like, celestials and the devils before you, Inevitables are contructs whose sole purpose for existing is to enforce the natural laws of the universe.

Maruts in particular oversee the cycle of death. They are dispatched to deal with anyone who violates in an egregious manner the principle that mortals die and leave their bodies after a certain period of time.

Someone extending their life by a few decades or raising a few dead individuals are not in any danger of being hunted by a Marut. But they go after ancient Liches and healers who resurrect the dead by the hundreds with equal fervor.

From what you have been told, Diderius would indeed be a target of interest for the Maruts.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Feb, 2018 - 5:42am

18th Feb, 2018 - 11:41am / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

At the mention of the Yuan-ti being nearby Nikolaos starts saying a prayer to Lathander.

Specific Action: cast detect poison as a ritual. I figure we will talk for a few minutes so it shouldn't slow our progress.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2018 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Velon uses message on Perry. “Ask how Diderius will try to kill us and where his scrying pool is, if you would.”.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2018 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 862

"How will Diderius try to kill us? Which way to him? Which way to his scrying pool?" Perry asks.

18th Feb, 2018 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 862

The Awakened says...

"I am also curious as to where they got the venison since they can't leave this room?"

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.