Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 90 of 1199

Poljen purses his lips and says, "For - Page 90 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Feb, 2017 - 4:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2017 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 90

Poljen keeps the bird high as he begins scanning to the east of where he last saw the patrol. He intends to cover as much ground as he can, mostly east of town, as the bandits west of Greenest have been dispatched.

Out of Character: : I will make 4 rolls, assuming he can cover another 40 miles total. If fewer than that, just take first rolls. Fingers are crossed!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2017 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The pigeons manage to spot what Poljen assumes is the patrol soon enough. Several kobolds are sunning themselves in the waning light while others work to feed a boogle of Giant Weasels, each with an oddly shaped saddle on its back.

Source 6v

Spotting movement to the north, Poljen sends the birds in that direction. Soon enough, he comes across a small camp just south of the eastern road. It is mostly hidden among a few hillocks from people on the ground, but not at all from the air.

There are five men in the camp, from here it looks like three humans and two dragonborn. But the really interesting thing lies just outside of the camp. Two very large creatures are butting heads in a playful manner. They look a bit like rhinoceri, but their hide is covered with deep blue scales, and their mouths filled with the teeth of a carnivore.

[25 miles of travel left, or you could spend some of that time further investigating either group. Image copyright, Wizards of the Coast, public release]

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Feb, 2017 - 3:34pm

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2017 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Nyzahr greets Sar'ai with a small nod, her slightly curved lips seemingly indicating a smile that could just as easily show her relief to see the dark half-elf, her impatience to get on with the task at hand or maybe even a general bemusement (If not actual glee) with the predicament of the town…
Be it as it may, the enigmatic creature will mentally send the half-elf spellcaster a clear offer of partnership, along with a short account of what transpired at the meeting with the governor and his retinue, including the need for a discreet scouting party to have a look at the enemy position and forces, if at all possible.

Out of Character: : it can be assumed that the Tiefling will know about Poljen attempt with the pigeons and wait for his return before departing on their mission. She will also wait until Sar'ai has made all questions and inquiries necessary with the local authorities.

Remains open the question of wether or not to use magic to approach the enemy lines (As Nyzahr could cast Invisibilty and also use her Thaumaturgy skill to distract eventual sentries…), since they seem to have a way to block such attempts (Crystals, Runes… what's next?). In any case both characters are very proficient with the Stealth skill, so it seems likely they could pull their weight teaming up as Silver Blaze spies on this particular instance…. Without mentionning Sar'ai's familiar which should be of invaluable help.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 20th Feb, 2017 - 4:07pm

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2017 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 90 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen smiles to himself, and lets the pigeon know it is doing excellent work. But he recalls the bandits to the west had two camps established, so he makes sure he can locate the camp by some landmarks (Probably the hillocks), then sends the bird further north, across the road.

Out of Character: : If he finds nothing, he will continue guiding the bird in sort-of a counterclockwise movement around the town, until the spell ends. Regardless, when the spell is about to end he will thank the bird profusely. I am already composing the post for afterwards…

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2017 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The birds spot odd scorch marks near the road itself, straight lines of burnt grass. They do not see a second encampment north of the road.

The birds go for quite some distance before they see anything else, but eventually, they spot a second band of kobolds, riding over the plains on their strange bounding mounts. Shortly afterwards, the link fades, and Poljen is once again seeing through his own eyes.

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2017 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Just as the link fades, Poljen smiles once more and thanks the pigeon, telling it to return home for a treat. He rises to his feet and tosses a gold coin to the old woman. "Buy these fine birds as much bread as you can, and something for your own larder! Ha!" He claps his hands and beckons for the runner to once more join him on his horse and he rides hard back to the fort.

Once back he sees Cahleth and some of the others giving locals instruction in fighting. He waves for them to follow him inside, and bursts in to where Sir Onthar, Nighthill and Escobert continue their discussions. Once everyone is gathered he asks for a map of the town and its surroundings, if such a thing exists. If not he will draw a crude one himself.

"First, we must never speak ill of pigeons again! A noble bird indeed! Now, to what we have seen, thanks to the bird." He pauses to ask for something to drink, "To keep my throat from drying out. I'm parched! Okay, scouting through the pigeon's eyes has revealed much. The patrol I had seen from the tower was a bunch of kobolds, and they rode giant weasels, of all things. I was unaware they existed, but that is what they look like. The patrol had halted for a rest roughly east-southeast of town. Not far to the north of them I then spotted a camp, south of the road, hidden by hillocks. Three humans and a pair of dragonborn from what I could tell were there. And nearby, perhaps in a pen or corral, were two large beasts. Four legs, armored scales, blue in color, with lots of sharp teeth. I am not familiar with them. Cahleth, you are a man who is knowledgeable of nature and animals. Maybe you know what they are. I looked further north but did not find another camp, though I did see a second patrol of kobolds on weasel mounts. And one last odd thing. Near the road were some long, straight lines of burnt grass. I know little of magic, but I suspect only magic could make fire in such a narrow fashion. I fear travelers on that rode may have suffered as those to the west did." He takes another deep quaff of whatever has been provided. "So, do we prepare to attack the camp? Ambush kobolds? I am ready for either!"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2017 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 90

Lia smiles patiently as she tries to teach the volunteers the basics of using the bow. Some seem to be picking it up pretty well while others are really struggling. She continues to voice encouragement as she helps them. Suddenly Poljen comes through telling her and Cahleth to come inside. Following him inside curiously she listens to his report.

Her eyes widen at parts of it. She realizes the danger of the situation for the town. " I don't know Poljen. That would be incredibly risky. Think about it. There are dragon born, kobolds and straight lines of burnt grass. What do all those things have in common? Dragons. A dragon' s breath could leave lines like that. The other creatures are related to dragons. The big blue creatures you saw sound similar to dragons at least. That's open territory out there. If there is a dragon coming or somewhere around it could kill us with ease in the open. Plus we have to assume that was a signal released earlier. Do we really want to be out all on our own when the enemy force begins moving in? Those are my thoughts."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 20th Feb, 2017 - 4:45pm

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2017 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 90

Poljen purses his lips and says, "For the moment, they are few at the camp, and even if the kobold scouts come back they are no match for the forces here in town. They must be waiting for others. And I would rather face them now when there are fewer of them, than face them when they come with many others for the town." He looks to Nighthill, Escobert and Sir Onthar and says, "I recommend we bring the fight to them outside the walls while we have the chance!"

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.