Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 92 of 1199

After the sun sets, Targul will head down - Page 92 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Feb, 2017 - 2:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 4:06am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 92

Onwen's study is interrupted by someone knocking at the door. If he doesn't answer, they open it regardless, a couple of men with a cart stand outside. "We ah, we were sent to collect some kind of crystal. I assume that's it?" He points to the massive chunk of faintly glowing purple crystal in the corner. "Are you done with it master wizard? It uh, it is safe to move that thing right?"

Onthar speaks up, "I have to agree with Poljen in that a dragon would almost certainly be noticed that close to town. In any case there's another explanation for the scorch marks. The creatures Poljen described could be drakes, but under the circumstances they sound like stormlizards. They always come in pairs for some reason, and are often used by devotees of Tiamat, we keep seeing reference to her. But here's the clincher, the one time I encountered a pair, the lightning they produced left scorched lines on the ground. Most fire breathing dragons, and dragonborn for that matter, tend to burn large areas instead."

"With that said, the numbers Poljen have reported are not nearly sufficient to threaten the town. They must have more forces elsewhere, and that could indeed include a dragon, among other things. We have no way of knowing at the moment that any of the three groups seen out there don't have overwhelming support nearby or on the way. Lia is right, If we ride out now, we might eliminate a portion of their forces, but risk losing nearly all of ours. We need more information first. Sar'ai, are you willing to send Elanna out? Invisibility could help keep her safe as Geoffroy suggests, but it could take hours to get what we need."

Out of Character: Sar'ai is reasonably certain that everyone here is sincere, and resolved in their commitment to Greenest's defense. Was she checking for anything else with that Insight check? P.S. People can make an arcana or religion check to recall more about stormlizards if they like. Geoffroy gets advantage on the latter for this due to recently having studied related material.

Sponsored Links:
21st Feb, 2017 - 4:52am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Friendly Necromancer says...

"What?" Onwen seems startled by the interruption to his study. He gives the men a confused look at first.

"Safe? Well… " he looks back at the crystal then to the men "I guess I don't know. Could be safe enough I suppose; or it could turn you into a newt if you touch it. I'm not sure. Maybe, I don't know. What time is it?"

21st Feb, 2017 - 10:44am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy considers, trying to see if you can think of anything else that may aid his companions. More, perhaps from that of his reading may provide better advice or suggestion as the cleric thinks on the matter.

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Religion (Advantage) on D20 (+2): 7, 6 (2 rolls)

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 92 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen mutters to himself, "I am sure I said we should scout more, and be ready to attack if we could." He shrugs and waits for the others to decide further.

21st Feb, 2017 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai ponders momentarily as the idea of making Elanna invisible is put forth by several within the group. "The only thing is, I am only able to see through her for up to a hundred feet. Outside that, I would have no sense of what she is seeing until she returns, which given the distances of these camps, could take some time." The half-drow looks around at the group, "It would seem it's the best option at the moment though." She then comes back to her unanswered question, "But what's here? From all of our information we had going into this mission, Greenest isn't exactly a strategic military point. This town exports some goods, yes, but why go to such lengths with the magical barrier and growing dragon-kin presence? I feel there is something more to all of this."

With that said, the wizard instructs Elanna to hop down so Nyzahr can cast her invisibility spell on the owl. She then mentally communicates to fly quickly to these locations Poljen has observed and get a good look at the makeup of each of the camps for anything more that the pigeons may not have seen.

Out of Character: Would a short rest be reasonable during Elanna's scouting mission? Sar'ai would very much like to have at least one more spell slot if things go bad.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 21st Feb, 2017 - 1:23pm

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Perception (adv) on D20 (+3): 20, 16 (2 rolls)
  • Perception (adv) on D20 (+3): 14, 17 (2 rolls)
  • Perception (adv) on D20 (+3): 16, 14 (2 rolls)
  • Perception (adv) on D20 (+3): 14, 4 (2 rolls)

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cahleth has poured himself into training the citizens. He works with those as young as twelve, and as old as 60. Men and women alike. He praises each brave soul who stepped forward in defense of their town.

After hearing the reports from Poljen, and both Lia's and Onthar's speculation of dragons… Cahleth addresses his citizen archers.

"When battle comes, we are likely to face vile beasts, not the training scarecrows we've been practicing on. You must not lose your nerve. Some of you may want to run, others will tremble. I'm here to tell you that is normal. But in that moment of fear and doubt, I need you… your families need you… to bear down and have resolve. Your target is just a target. Not a man, not a beast, not even an adversary… it is simply a target. Pull, breathe, release. Hit the target.

[/b]Out of Character[/b]: Sorry for [Offline]… busy holiday weekend got away from me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 92

Lia shrugs at the idea of casting invisibility on the owl. " I think casting invisibility on her is a waste. It won't last long enough for her to finish scouting. It is about to be dark anyways which would pretty much render her virtually invisible. Nighttime is the natural time for owls to be out flying around. There is no reason for anyone to think she is a familiar out scouting if they even saw her in the darkness. Thats my opinion on it anyways. Yes, I wonder myself what anyone could be after here. " Lia looks around the room to see what the plan will be for the night.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 21st Feb, 2017 - 1:49pm

21st Feb, 2017 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 92

The Terror says...

After the sun sets, Targul will head down from the tower having searched carefully the land all around the town as far as the eye can see.

Before heading back to the town 'headquarters', he'll make his way down to the basement of the towers. Once he's as far below as he can go, he'll search each of the towers carefully for any hidden doors, cubby holes, or anything else out of the ordinary.

While on the top of the tower he'd had time to think. Granted, it wasn't something he did often, but it was something to do to pass the time while in the crow's nest of the ships he'd sailed on and this was pretty close to the same thing, so thinking it was.

And, what he'd thought about was, if there was something hidden in the town that made it important to something or other, that thing, if not already widely known, would likely be hidden in a secure place. And, what would be more secure than building a tower on top of it?

Targul Results:
  • Perception, if needed on D20 (+3): 15 (1 roll)
  • Insight, if needed on D20 (+1): 5 (1 roll)
  • Investigation, if need on D20 (-1): 10 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.