Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 933 of 1199

Lawrance, having known about the standard - Page 933 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Apr, 2018 - 2:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 933

Poljen and Lia both miss their targets. However, Cratol's form blurs as Perry's spell goes off. Suddenly there's a very surprised looking turtle on the floor.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Perry walks over to the surprised turtle and picks him up. His eyes light up, “Aww, look at him! He’s a cute little guy isn’t he?” He asks the others as he holds out the turtle to show them.

Perry hands Craturtle to Lia.

“Ok so, we only have about an hour with him in this form. I’ll tell you all what I know about this spell. It’s similar to a spell called Magic Jar. Normally, if we break the crystal, then his soul goes back into his body, but this spell is a little different I think. I’m not sure how though. What I do know is that we can prevent someone from being taken over if they are warded against good and evil. I don’t think that helps us now that he’s already taken over,” Perry explains.

“As far as I can tell, our options are 1) we break the crystal with Craturtle nearby and hope this works like Magic Jar or 2) we wait for our wizards to be able to dispel this but they need to rest before they can which means we need a way to bind Craterius. Either way, I think we should go back to the others and come up with a plan. What do you all think?” he asks Lia and Poljen.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2018 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

While Perry explains what he surmises about the spell that has claimed Cratol, the barbarian picks up the crystal globe. He listens and tries to understand, but finally says, "If we do not have time, we will have to smash it anyway." He thinks as they start heading back to the others. "Hey! Maybe the devils can help explain, yes? It would be in their interest to help us out."

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2018 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 933 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Her jaw drops as the turtle is handed to her "That was amazing Perry. Way to save the day." She grins at him." Since we have an hour we should definitely consult with our wizards regarding the best way to handle this." She looks thoughtful for a moment as Poljen speaks. ." The devils would know how to handle this if no one else does. The only issue there is that they might not care if Cratol is harmed while finishing off Diderius."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 5th Apr, 2018 - 2:07am

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2018 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

“Ok, let’s tell the others first before we decide on anything alone then,” Perry says. After the group makes their way back to where the others are resting, Perry will relay what happened to the full group in the most rushed, confusing, and Perry-way possible.

“Yeah, so basically Mari stabbed Diderius then Poljen decapitated him. Then Cratol tried to break the heart thing, but he got taken over by Diderius so now he is Craterius and he tried to run away. And I think this spell works like Magic Jar so I tried to dispel it but it didn’t work because the spell is too powerful and I suck, so I did what I could and made him a turtle instead. So now he is Craturtle. Now we need to find a way to get Craterius back to Cratol while destroying the heart before Craturtle turns back into Craterius. Does that make sense?” Perry asks.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2018 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Velon is sitting up against one wall of the tiny hut near the entrance to guard it. He looks a bit better and is watching the tied up Varram like a hawk. Upon hearing Perry's story he just looks at the turtle in amazement. He then looks to Perry, Niko, Poppo, Lawrance and the rest to see if they know anything about this magic. "Yikes, read any books about this particular mess, Lawrance? Surely there is one out there about when your tiefling bard is under contract with devils to kill a wizard but the wizard is trapped in your monk's body and the heart is in a crystal, or something like that? Perhaps that's the exact title, even?" Normally he'd give a grin and wink at this, but mostly he still just looks exhausted on top of being baffled by this latest problem.
Out of Character: Better as in I'm not longer exaggerating his nausea, etc. But not actually having shed any levels of exhaustion, of course.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Apr, 2018 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 933

The Awakened says...

Nikolaos too tired to even roll out his bed roll, lays on the floor trying to recover. Hearing the latest news, he sits up and responds "The intricacies of magic are not my forte, especially with this ringing in my ears. I can ask for Lathander's blessings to aid someone more knowledgeable."

Specific Action: casting guidance and using a bardic inspiration to help someone who is proficient in the subject mater. This will add 1d4 and 1d8 to the roll.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2018 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 933

Lawrance, having known about the standard Magic Jar spell thinks about what kind of variances may be involved. Out of earshot of the Craturtle he says "A standard Jar spell can be disrupted by just destroying the receptacle. The captured soul will go back to his body and the possessor will be destroyed. That being said, normally the possessor can return to the jar at will and hijack another nearby body, so this isn't standard. Or Diderius is so insane he's forgotten what his magic can do. My first thought is that a dispel magic on the jar might be better than destroying the jar physically, since that would negate the magic wholly without possibly harming Cratol's trapped soul. The other, better thought would be to charm the turtle and ask him politely to reverse the swap. Either way, it would have to happen while he is still a turtle, so we don't lose the advantage."
He spends some time thinking about past similar spell modifications and historic examples of possession. An almost involuntary snort is elicited when Velon haggardly mentions his own historical treatise.
Specific Action: Arcana on the nature of this spell and its pitfalls and possible modifications, History on helping another with the +4.
Out of Character: I will edit as new information comes to light with rolls and DAi's input.
Out of Character: PS Arcana of 20 total?!? Thank's ONLY to the Bardic Inspiration and Guidance spell. *whew!* Sad rolls from the Lawrance repertoire.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 5th Apr, 2018 - 3:33pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.