Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 973 of 1199

Tazskan sees the scene unfold before his eyes, - Page 973 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th May, 2018 - 2:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
15th May, 2018 - 6:47am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 973

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, offers Morgaine a quick tour of the ballista's in the castle.
"I would be delighted to show Morgaine, the castles armament, then after I have some business to attend to in Baldur's gate," He answers Velon.

"Come this way, I'm sure you will find this to your liking," he addresses Morgaine.
Tazskan, shows the young female warrior each of the castle armaments.

"You, have indeed picked a fortuitous moment to join us, it is by necessity that we have had to bolster the castles defenses," Tazskan adds.

Operation Poljen overwatch?
Meanwhile, back in Baldurs gate Tazskan prepares himself for the inevitable encounter.
First he summons his psuedodragon to watch, both his and Zarra'a back, at a respectable distance, from the roofs.

Secondly, he casts invisibility on himself, if Zarra is present will cast on her also using a 3rd level slot.
Once all that is done will proceed in a stealthily manner towards, Poljen.

Thank's to the scrying attempt locating him isn't a problem.
Thirdly, Tazskan gives a slient prayer to Bahumat, and also Eilistraee, for guidance, if Zarra is present.

He walks quietly, invisible, and passes an old beggar, whom bears a remarkable resemblance to Cratol. He smiles.

Tazskan, arrives at his destination, but stays in the background. He sees what appears to be a group of maybe 20 thugs, surrounding Poljen.
He, isn't exactly sure, where the leader is? Or even if this group is friend or foe?

He does see Penelope, and she happens to be holding a turtle, singling a nice song fluently, in close proximity.

Tazskan, decides to wait before considering his next course of action. He smiles inwardly, "Excellent, Perry's here at least," he thinks. "I hope that a fight doesn't break out, it could get quite messy here," he muses.

Out of Character: Thom, if Zarra's here with Tazskan, she is invisible right now. The pseudodragon is watching from the roof of a nearby building, out of plain sight.

When not invisible, Tazskan's appearance will be that of a rich Dragornborn merchant, with tricorn hat, and purple velvet cloak. After giving the command to his magical leather armor.

Don't have specific spot and listen skills will use wisdom and dexterity here.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 15th May, 2018 - 6:49am

Tazskan Daardendrien Results:
  • Wisdom (listen) on D20 (+0): 2 (1 roll)
  • Dexterity (spot) on D20 (+0): 20 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th May, 2018 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The thugs give a startled cry as Poljen not only darts for them, but cuts down one of theirs in two harsh blows. They recover quickly however, moving in to strike at the Barbarian from all sides. Clubs and staves rain down as some try to entangle him in nets.

Meanwhile, Perry and Velon charge at a startled looking sneak. Before Velon can cast his spell however, the man makes an odd shrieking sound as his body compresses into that of a small reptile.

Out of Character: Poljen took a whopping 86 bludgeoning damage just now, fortunately his resistances cut that down to 43. Athletics roll to avoid restrained condition from the nets (A normal roll, disadvantage due to multiple nets canceled by rage advantage).

15th May, 2018 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lady of the Water says...

Morgaine states that she is not hungry but states she would like to meet the others and have a tour of the castle. She then will get up and go with Tazskan for the tour castle and of the ballistas.
"Quite impressive armament you have here." And she gives him a brief smile.
Morgaine, will hang out in the main part of the castle while the others take care of the issue in town.

Post Date: 15th May, 2018 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 973 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol sees the people attacking Poljen and using nets. "So much for a fair fight", he thinks to himself as he throws off the disguise and jumps into the fray attacking the closest ones with his kicks and fists.

Out of Character: using a Ki point for more attacks. He should get surprise.

Post Date: 15th May, 2018 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

[If Poljen did NOT save and is caught in the nets, his action is to tear himself free… I will roll Athletics, with Advantage this time for a first roll.]

Poljen snarls and calls out, "Whomever hired you did not pay you enough! How many more will fall once I get out of this thing?"

[If Poljen did in fact save and is NOT caught in the nets, attacking again, but this time not Reckless… hopefully reducing the number of times he gets hit.]

"Ha!" the barbarian cries. "You should seek out the one who hired you and ask him for more money. Of course the more of you who fall means you each get a larger share. Who will be next to lose their reward?" The large man continues swinging his great axe.

Post Date: 15th May, 2018 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Penelope puts away her sword and picks up the turtle, holding him like a pet. She sighs heavily at the current state of affairs and ruffles her hair a bit to look like she’s a hot mess.

She will yell at her party members to help stir them to action, “You idiots better not die to a bunch of common street thugs! Don’t be too proud to run away!”

Then, she runs away as far as she can from the battle and tries to get the attention of the local guards, “Help! Help! They’re killing him!” she yells loudly as she points in the direction of the fight. “Someone please help! Those thugs are beating on that man!”

Specific Action: Bonus Action to use Mantle of Inspiration on Poljen, Cratol, and Velon. Then, using my full movement plus dash to run away yelling for help.

Out of Character: You three can each use your reactions to move your full movement without provoking attacks of opportunity and you have advantage on your next saving throw. You also each gain 8 temporary hit points.

Note, I’m not going to have Penelope shoot Eldritch Blasts in the middle of a city at common thugs. I’m not participating in this bloodbath. I’m also already concentrating on Polymorph for their leader so I can’t try to sleep a bunch of them or anything like that either. This is the best thing I could think of to help without making the situation worse.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th May, 2018 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 973

Velon looks out into the street from the alley and watches Poljen absolutely destroy his first target and then get mobbed by attackers and nets. "Well, I guess we're doing this" he thinks with a sigh as he watches Perry take off with the Zurtle, accomplishing Poljen's main goal.

The armor clad paladin saunters out into the street, shield at the ready but with his large, heavy war hammer casually balanced across the back of his shoulders, his left arm raised at a 90 degree angle to balance the end of the handle. He announces loudly "You probably should have listened to my friend, there." "Foolish, as all members of the Silver Blaze are very likely to have friends nearby at all times. You'll never take down the mighty Poljen, so why not try your hand with me?" He grins.

Keeping his hammer at rest, Velon opens the palm of his shield hand briefly and divine light flashes, while a greener energy swirls around his hand. He casts Sanctuary on both Poljen and Cratol, defending them from harm. He grins again while raising an eyebrow, and gets ready to defend himself with his armor and shield.

Out of Character: . Twinning the spell to cover both allies. To be clear to Daisain, Velon will DEFINITELY cast shield upon a first hit this round. Hoping 24 or 29 AC plus the cloak's effect will prevent the first hit for a while, or completely. Should be DC16 Wisdom save on the Sanctuary if they want to attack Cratol or Poljen.

Also, I'd like to roll persuasion, just for perhaps a tiny edge on convincing these goons to attack Velon. NBD either way on that.

16th May, 2018 - 2:34am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 973

The Protector. says...

Tazskan sees the scene unfold before his eyes, a mob of thugs attacks Poljen from all sides. Attempting to ensnare the barbarian in nets, and bludgeon him.

He sees, Cratol attacking them, then he hears Velon, trying to persuade them to notice him.

"I cannot stand by, and do nothing, lets even up the playing field a little shall we," he muses.

Tazskan, while invisible starts to conjure up a field of 8 black tendrils, that start to emanate from the pavement.

The black smoke materializes into a small field of black rubbery tentacles, each of them 10 feet in length. He has the tentacles grapple, and restrain some of the thugs surrounding Poljen.

Specific Action: Tazskan, will avoid conjuring the tentacles up within 15 feet near Velon and Cratol, as Poljen is surrounded by thugs, the tentacles will reach the thugs first, before reaching Poljen.

The spell description doesn't specify, how many tentacles, so I will assume that it is a giant land based octopus with 8 arms (Tentacles). Each thug that the tentacles attack 8?? Must make a successful save on dexterity or be grappled.

If thug starts turn, restrained then takes bludgeon damage. However, can use its action, to try and break free with Strength or Dexterity check, against Tazskan's ability score which in this case is 16 (8+4(Prof)+4(Charisma)).

Tazskan, will stand at the back invisible out of harms way. His pseudodragon, continues to watch his back.

Tazskan Daardendrien Results:
  • Bludgeon damage on D6 (+0): 1, 3, 5, 1, 6, 4 (6 rolls)
  • Bludgeon damage on D6 (+0): 3, 3 (2 rolls)

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.