Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1025 of 1199

"So, are we resolved to attack these - Page 1025 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jun, 2018 - 6:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1025

Looking askance at Velon at the mention of Cratol leaving, he says nothing. Curious but not familiar enough with the Baron over the past few weeks, he wonders what drives the reticent young man to abandon the group at this time.
After the team meets to discuss the plans for the assault, he eats a hearty meal and leaves for the labs.Upon arriving in the labs, he puts away the Hats for later and sits down to diligently study, rest and recover his spells. Determined to be prepared for the battle ahead, he chooses magic he hopes to be effective against the threats the group will face.
Out of Character: - Our plans still need to be decided so I can pick spells that work best for the method chosen, but I presume we'll have that discussion now.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Burn through her magical defenses? Are you saying she'd get weaker if we keep forcing her to resist our spell effects that aren't just pure damage? Eventually we could force her to succumb to our magic so we can take her out more easily? That sounds promising. What do you think, Mr Wizard?"

"Yeah, how do we block her mind control? I don't want to be forced to hit any of you. Well, not until the dragon is down, at least!"

"Could we lure her into the white dragon chamber below the castle? Then she's indoors but not in her own lair. Not sure if she'd go for it though."

-----

"Greetings Erandia! I am glad that you are all safe. Thank you for coming so quickly. How's Poppo?"

"Cratol just left? Can't say I'm surprised." He sighs. "Ah, that boy… he's a difficult one. I hope he finds his peace. We could have used him, but really we need people who will work as a team." He glances over his shoulder at the rest of the crew at that last part. "Perhaps we will see Cratol again some day and he will be more ready to speak to us, truly be friends, and maybe even work together with us."

Out of Character: . Again, Velon would have little understanding of legendary resists, so doing what I can to have him slowly come around.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 29th Jun, 2018 - 4:47pm

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Dragons are known to be extraordinarily resistant to magic, Velon. Our best options are to keep hammering at her to wear her down and make her easier to defeat, but with a magic user companion such as the Prince, that will prove very hard to do. I was thinking that Lia's cube will come in handy against him, even if we just block half of his magic use. They make a formidable team."

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1025 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Yes, as I mentioned before, are we all in agreement that we need to take the Prince out as quickly as possible? Perhaps no one but Morgaine or Poljen should attack the dragon? The situation could change, of course, but I suggest this as a general tactic to start with."

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"What if I curse the dragon, making her physically weaker, then someone gets polymorphed into that strong giant ape that Niko showed us earlier to hold her down? This would be after we deal with the prince of course."

Out of Character: I'm referring to Hex on strength checks followed by the +9 Athletics on the giant ape. Should make it difficult even for a dragon to escape. Since it isn't a save, legendary resistance would not apply.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

" It is wise to dispose of the prince first. Who knows what magic he is capable of. As always I will prioritize my healing on Poljen. I will of course do what I can for the others. Hopefully everyone will act as a team and follow whatever the plan will be. I was not there for the battle against the white dragon but I heard that did not happen. It cost someone their life as a matter of fact. Follow the plan and I promise that none of you will die." Her eyes gleam fervently as she speaks.

Mari steps forward." I would like an ambush attempt on the prince with Zarra. If we can surprise him then we might even be able to down him quickly. If it fails then the others join in. Just a chance at taking the first strike." She pulls out a bottle of yuan-ti venom." I have just the thing here for him."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 29th Jun, 2018 - 5:27pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1025

Velon nods at Lia's strong words and then looks at Mari. "Indeed, I think it unlikely we'll have a chance to surprise them, but if we do you can try this. You just have to convince Poljen not to walk in and give a speech first. That may be your true challenge!" wink.gif.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1025

"So, are we resolved to attack these two enemies in the lair? If so, I will prepare suitable spells for this kind of battleground. Are we making our own entrance or using one of theirs? If so, we should plan to block the other. I would summon the Earth Elemental ahead of our assault and let it dig out their foundations out of sight for a while. They may find it difficult to banish or dispel what they can't see! Also, does it still count as her lair if she is dropped down 20 feet into a hole?"
"If we have the Elemental go deep and dig out the foundations upwards until the whole thing collapses, we could make that our signal to attack. Say start at about 50 feet below their floor?"

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.