Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1026 of 1199

"Hm… No, we did not. We have - Page 1026 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jun, 2018 - 8:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1026

"You don't think she would hear or feel the elemental digging? Dragons are extremely perceptive as we've learned. Also it's important to note that I can't both hex the dragon and turn someone into a giant ape at the same time. I would need either you to do that part Lawrance or maybe we have Poppo or Niko do it. Also, I'm still not comfortable on going back into the lair but if that's what everyone else agrees to then I'll follow."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"We cannot promise you the dragon will not be out and about terrorizing the elves of the forrest, my dear wizard, so you'll have to be flexible, but yes we can go into the lair if she is there. I know that is not what you want to hear. Flexibility is better than eleven different fire spells, I'd imagine, anyhow, right?. Only one as dim witted as I should have so few options! Ha!"

"Anyway, as one who does not plan to swim, I do prefer the earth elemental entrance. Plus I assume it is hearty enough to fight with us for a bit. Perhaps it can get its… hands?... On that vile Prince even." Velon looks lost in thought for half of a second as he tries to picture what the elemental would even look like as it tries to grab Neronvain.

"I'm not sure about this digging out a new cavern beneath her, though. She CAN fly, and all that, and I cannot, you see. I know I'm not in any of your history books, yet at least, so that part is likely new knowledge for you! Anyway, t may be more of a problem for us than her if we make this place larger and taller. I picture her up on the ledge of her former floor breathing down on top of the rest of us in our newly formed hole in the ground!"

"I think simpler plans are best with this group, wizard. We're not good at the complex, or coordinating things much at all, really!"

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Very few Dragons can sense through rock, and Greens don't burrow as far as I know. Her ability to sense vibrations may allow her to detect the event, but she can't reach the Elemental to stop it's activities. The Prince may have magic to Banish it, but he too would have to see it to do so. I'm not absolutely sure it would work, but at least they would use up time and magic to stop it. Even as a distraction it has merit."
"I have yet to learn Polymorph, Poppo. It is on my list things to learn, but money has been tight.I am unable to take that burden from you. I also believe Poppo lacks the spell, too, since he & I have combined our spell books weeks ago."
"I, too, am not sure fighting in the lair is the best choice, but with most of our heavy hitters ground-based, we may not have a choice."
"As a side note, we all still have our Water Breathing spell going, so we could enter through the water tunnel without a big issue.."
Hearing Velon's input, he continues - "So, if she's in the lair we use the Elemental to dig a new tunnel to her. If she's not, we improvise. Also, there are illusions possible, so she could be both."

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 29th Jun, 2018 - 7:11pm

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1026 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen smiles widely at Erandia. He considers himself their personal protector. Upon hearing that Cratol has left he looks as if he is about to say something bitter, but then checks himself and simply shakes his head.

Poljen says, "Until we actually know where she is, we can't make the final plan. So we will need to be ready for anything. They might not even be there. But we have some good ideas." Turning to Velon. "And I would remind you it was you who asked me to get the white dragon's attention focused on me, so the rest of you could move into position! I doubt we will have the same circumstances. But I promise this: I will only offer a speech if it seems proper." Once more addressing the group he says, "And that prince is a slippery one. Even without armor he managed to avoid several of my blows, once or twice using magic. But when I did hit him, it hurt him. He will fall to us, of that I am sure. The dragoness will be the more difficult opponent."

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon nods at Poljen. "Indeed. I was just giving you a hard time, you know. In fact, I still think keeping the dragon angry and preoccupied is best until the rest of us can take out Neronvain. We can't simply ignore her, of course. Lia will keep you up. The rest of us need to try to stay out of danger the best we can. Last time too many fools rushed in and required repeated healing, depriving Poljen of it despite my suggested plan. I hope we can do much, much better this time or I believe it will be the end of the Blaze." He pictures the young monk privately, and knows Poljen has similar thoughts.

"I like this polymorph idea, Perry! We'd have an elemental and a giant ape! Any volunteers for being turned into an ape and wrestling a dragon?"

"So, what about this wizard? I've used my paralyzing spell effectively several times. Perhaps we all try spells to lock him down so he can't defend himself as well as he did against Poljen and I the first time around? One of them has to take hold if we pepper him with various magics. What have you got, Lawrance? Perry?"

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"I can certainly choose spells of restraint and binding for this. I will bring many options to stop their movement and hold them fast so that your blades may find purchase on his body enough to remove the threat. Let's do this before she has time to truly terrorize any more innocents!"

Out of Character: - I presume we've already given return orders for the trip back, so this is just us finalizing plans. biggrin.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1026

"I'll do the giant ape thing after we bring down Neronbutt. I can either hold him still or I can try making him glow purple. Once he is down, we proceed with Operation Monkey Business. One last thing, Lawrance did you or Poppo ever magically identify the mask? Maybe I'm being paranoid here, but something just hit me about the nature of green dragons and what Poljen said earlier."

Reconcile Edited: seath on 29th Jun, 2018 - 8:27pm

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2018 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1026

"Hm… No, we did not. We have some time to do so and let's make sure it is what we thought it is, while we travel. "
SA - have Poppo Identify the mask, as requested, while inside the vault.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.