Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1030 of 1199

Perry places the herb into the round bottom - Page 1030 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 2:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1030

Once the group reaches its rendezvous with the castle, he turns to the pair of stable hands who traveled with them. They tie the horses' bridles to the rear of the wagon and turn it about to head back to the city. Poljen is glad to return to the castle. He leaves it to Velon and the others to open the portal and get rid of the cursed mask.

He goes to his room and cleans off as much of the dirt and muck from his clothes and hair as possible, and cleans his weapons. He allows himself to doze off for a bit. Upon awakening he rejoins the others, as they near their target once more. As to their tactics, he says, "Let's see if our foe is visible to begin with." He heads to the battlements and scans the sky, both with and without his spyglass.

Out of Character: : I will roll Perception with Advantage. I don't recall if the spyglass or his eagle eyes give him such, but I can't access rules at this moment. Disregard if necessary. I mean, if Chuch is in dragon-form, it should be pretty easy to spot her.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon goes and tries to open the portal to Chasorth. First, he gives Poppo a large hug and thanks him for swiftly coming to meet them. Upon opening the portal, he calls out. "Hello! Anyone home today?"

Along the way, he visits Captain Callahan. "Captain, how are things? I trust you are well. I hope your men are rested and ready, as we may have need of the castle in battle before this is over. Are all of the ballista ready? Also, if you could get all of the wagons of stone and such ready, we may have need of it. It may be difficult to hit a dragon with all of that, but she seems to have trolls and golems in her forces as well. If we end up fighting them out in the open, we'll need all of the help we can get. Above all, get all valuables, the wounded and the rest to the control room if the dragon comes or things otherwise go south. Poppo will help defend everyone, and we will come as soon as we can. Thank you, Captain!"

Velon says to the others "I had hoped to get eyes on her one way or another before leaving the castle." "I'd hate to waste our magical energies getting into her lair only to find her not at home, and worse, to return and find she and the Prince have torn down half of our castle."

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

As is often the case, a kobold is standing watch in the room on the other end of the small portal. The diminutive creature chirps a greeting, stating that he will go fetch the master.

A few minutes later, Silas walks in, a broad smile on his face. "Velon, it is good to see you. How goes your mission?"

Callahan nods, accepting the orders. "On our way to the pick you up, we spent time working on dealing with the accuracy problems involved in dropping things from up here. It's more complicated than it looks, especially if the castle is moving. But based on the few tests we've done, the damage was impressive enough that we think it worth the effort. Based on what weve seen, it looks like bundles of fist sized stones would be more suitable than large boulders for most targets. They spread out, and as such are more likely to actually hit, but still possess enough force to kill most short of an ogre."

"The two engineers with our company came up with a sighting mechanism that helps, at the least it gives someone timing a drop sight lines to work with. Linda swears that given enough targeting data, she can add marks to refine it to within a few dozen feet of accuracy, if height and relative speed are known. Presuming of course today goes well, I would like to request we spend a few days making craters in some abandoned plain somewhere."

Below, the forest is quiet, at the moment at least, there is no sign of life, save for a few ordinary woodland creatures.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd Jul, 2018 - 2:14am

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1030 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Excellent Captain! Please do tell your engineers that we are impressed. I do hope to grant you the time you request, as we could all use a break after this. Is there anything else I can do for you?"
------------
"Irdeith! I did not expect to see you. What news of the Well, or elsewhere? I have good news, and a gift for you." Velon holds up the green mask wrapped in cloth, but lifts a bit of the wrapping to reveal their prize. "May I ask, what will Protanther do with these? I do hope they will not be kept together."
------------
After the chat with Irdeith, Velon asks the group "Any sign of the dragon?" "If not, perhaps it's time to use this to cut down on any of her trickery? He pulls the seer's tabac out of his satchel. Anyone particularly experienced with smoking herbs, or whatever this is?" He looks amongst the group. "We have to think of the exact right question first, I'd think? Damn, where's Taz and his new hobby when you need him?"

Out of Character: Saved Daishain's description of this:

-2 doses of Seer's Tabac (Narcotic consumable) A bitter concoction of strange herbs and unidentifiable dust with a magical aura, smoking a dose of Seer's Tabac requires one minute and a successful DC 10 Constitution save. Failure imposes the nauseated condition for five minutes. Success allows the subject to commune with friendly spirits in search of answers concerning the future. (One question, as per the Divination spell).

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Perry raises his hand, "Velon, I believe that smoking that herb is a job that I'm uniquely qualified for."

Perry pulls out a large glass flask with a rounded bottom, "Oh yeah baby, this right here is how I survived through college." In his other hand, he manifests a small magical green flame.

"Velon I'm ready for this assignment. More than any other so far." Perry looks like he's serious about this tabac he's going to rip.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 3rd Jul, 2018 - 2:29am

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Actually, I was kind of hoping Polj… never mind." Velon watches as Perry sparks up the herb with an impressive level of expertise.

"I hope you thought of how to word your question, first! We must find her!"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1030

The captain shrugs, "Fifty tower shields enchanted to ward off whatever kind of dragon's breath is coming our way would be nice. But short of that, I'll settle for a promise that we'll get some advance warning."

Silas says, "They're still gathering forces and fortifying the place, I'd say that the time to strike is now, but we don't have the strength to punch through, not and also deal with the war the attempt would ignite. We need the nations of the world to gather and help, but they don't see a threat to unite against, not yet."

"As to the masks, the black was entrusted to someone with strong defenses, as it was entrusted to me once, before my failure to guard it. I suspect that the green will be sent to someone else. I won't know who, almost none will, that's the point."

Silas frowns, "Frankly, I don't like it, the cult proved resourceful enough to track down a mask so hidden already, I suspect they could do so again, if fortune does not favor us."

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1030

Perry places the herb into the round bottom glass flask and holds the green flame underneath. He proceeds to take some sick rips of this tabac for a solid minute like a champ.

Perry will plead, with intense focus, "Oh great goddess, patron, or whomever deity this may concern, I Peregrine Maximilian Cornelius Pennington seek your knowledge and guidance via this fine herb."

Out of Character: Rolling the save guys. If I pass, Dungeon Master let me know what happens and I'll ask the question. Do I know which deity is talking? Haha

Green flame is from Prestidigitation by the way.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.