Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1032 of 1199

"Alas,no. I've not memorized - Page 1032 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Jul, 2018 - 3:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1032

Poljen says, "I have seen nothing myself. But I will perform the ritual which allows me to see through Trammet's eyes, and I will use him to go down for a closer look."

He once more sits on the battlements and performs the ritual. "Come, old friend. Once again I shall see through your eyes. And we must keep a wary eye for that cursed hawk. But we will not attack if we see it. They might already know we are here. But they might not."

One more set of Perception rolls, since we getting much closer with eagle eyes…

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2018 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

While waiting for an answer from Perry's sacred smoke divination, Lawrance sends his own familiar up into the sky, asking him to go as high as is possible, in case the dragon is above. With spells at the ready, he prepared to magically grapple this creature and bring her to heel. "I'm wondering if I should summon that elemental now, while we are within reasonable assault range of her digs. Let me know a good time ahead, as it takes a bit to bring forth."

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2018 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Irdeith considers Velon's words, then says, "I do not know of this Chuth. But I have dealt with a few green dragons in my time. The first one fell victim to a spell of exhaustion while we were engaged in an aerial battle, he had had a speed advantage on me up until that point. But I suppose that example isn't going to help here."

"Greens are rather vicious ambush predators, and quite cunning at that, it sounds like last time the panic over losing the mask caused her to act more rashly than normal."

"They are poison in more sense than one. She will attempt to whittle you down, weaken, tear, demoralize. She won't engage directly unless forced until she is sure you can't really fight back. If you don't see a trap, assume you've missed something. If you do, assume it was left for you to find and divert your focus from the real threat. Chances are, she will attempt to goad you into taking risks, exposing yourselves. The best advice I can give is to stand firm and stand together."

"As to the other matter, you give yourself too little credit. The Blaze has done remarkable things. I understand matters have been chaotic at times, but that success cannot be attributed merely to luck and the strength of individuals."

"In regards to the scale, it is part of the ritual that is the first step down the long path I took, if you decide that you wish to do the same. I cannot teach you how to use it, if Bahamut decides you are ready, you will find that you know what to do. I can assure you, it won't be in the heat of battle. Take what strength you can from what it is and what it represents, but do not expect a miracle from it."

Perry finds himself sinking into a trance, strange colors swirl through his vision. He starts seeing shadowy figures about him, their forms are strange and mutable. Some resemble men, others strange creatures.

After a few moments, there is an odd groaning noise, and all movement ceases. The figures, as one, stop and turn to stare at the tiefling.

A gravely voice somewhere behind states, "He has the voice."

A small birdlike thing ahead squawks, "Then we must answer for him to go away."

Yet another voice says, "Speak then intruder, ask your questions and begone."

After Perry asks his question, there is a long pause, right when it seems just a bit too awkward, the creatures around him begin to sing. The song is absolute horror to the trained bard's ears, even if it had not been sung by a hundred voices, each off key and clashing in it's own way.

"Pale and Green they went unseen, down down round the town, now they're back, with a full sack, full of little voices going to pieces, now they wait with their bait, waiting to seal your fate, down down below the ground"

Shortly after the horrible song ends, Perry finds he is exiting the trance, to the cheers of the things left behind. Soon he can see his companions again, though odd colors continue to swim through his visions for another hour or so. Perhaps affixed in his mind by the tabac's magic, every word said by the spirits sticks in his mind.

The two birds fly out, and see nothing. No sign of the dragon, or the elf, or any of the minions they had.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Jul, 2018 - 1:06am

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2018 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1032 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Perry's eyes change back from a dark black to their normal yellow as he exits the trance. Still a bit out of it, he instinctively clutches his ears, still hearing remnants of the horrible cacophonous singing. With a pained, dizzied look, Perry manages to muster the will to look to the party and whispers, "It's a trap."

After a few moments to pull himself together, Perry continues, "I heard voices… they were awful, but I think I know where she is and what she's up to. You're not going to like it." With that last sentence, he looks to Lia with a sorrowful expression. "This is what they said,"

Pale and Green they went unseen,

Down down round the town,

Now they're back, with a full sack,

Full of little voices going to pieces,

Now they wait with their bait,

Waiting to seal your fate,

Down down below the ground

"She took the elves hostage I think, Lia. And she's baiting us with them below the ground. I would assume in her lair. This is going to be a dangerous, dangerous approach. She knows we're coming, and is waiting to ambush."

Reconcile Edited: seath on 4th Jul, 2018 - 3:18am

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2018 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Sounds like they've taken not just Elves, but Elvish children. And using them as bait for a trap or more. They could be illusioned to look like objects or enemies, making us hurt those we wish to save. Cunning, indeed. Still, for warned is forearmed. We will have to be sure of our targets. To think that a Prince would sink so low to use his people as armor! "
Thinking hard, Lawrance tries to plan counters to this terrorist usage of human shields.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2018 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Poljen says, "Aye, the dragon is definitely not in the air, or even above ground in these parts. So inside we go. Velon, we can try the original tunnel, or the water entrance. Or possibly both. Regardless, we will look for new traps as well as the ones Mari and Zarra took care of our first time in." He pauses, hesitant to make suggestions regarding magic but finally says, "I recall during our fight with Glazhael, Niko used a spell to, how did he call it?... Dispel Magic? If it works as he explained, using that on our targets would reveal if they were innocents disguised to look like our foes, or even better, weaken our foes by removing any spells they have cast to aid themselves, yes?"

He also recommends they take care in getting down to the ground. "Though from Perry's magical smoke, I think we will get that far without trouble." Suddenly he looks eager. "Wait! Lawrance, can you use that magic eye again? It saved us much trouble last time!"

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 4th Jul, 2018 - 3:40am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2018 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1032

Out of Character: Just saw Paul's edit, deleting my post. I just brought up the arcane eye idea.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 4th Jul, 2018 - 3:54am

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2018 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1032

"Alas,no. I've not memorized that spell today. The mental link I can do still, but the scouting eye would require I relearn it after about a third of a day. I doubt we would want to give them such time to entrench themselves further. "

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.