Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1033 of 1199

Velon has the castle land and steps onto the - Page 1033 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Jul, 2018 - 4:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2018 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1033

Velon thanks Irdeith and hands off the mask. He returns to address the group, as some may not have been there to listen to the experienced gold dragon. He has also heard Perry's words, and they seem to match up, as expected.

"Yes, Irdeith warns of much of the same as Perry has seen. He warns that she will try to whittle us down and demoralize us. She'll avoid engaging directly unless she has to, and we are likely to be fooled by her traps. We will either fail to find them, or find one only to step right into another. We must be wary of all that is around us at all times, and not just focus on one thing. She will also tempt us to take risks which we will regret." He glances at Poljen when mentioning risk taking. "Surely she is smarter than any of us, so let us not let our pride fool us into thinking otherwise at any point. It is our teamwork and our versatility that is our advantage, so that is where we will focus our energies. I know they have hostages, but we cannot compromise ourselves for them, or all will be lost. If we perish and leave her alive, she will kill many more elves than these. Thus, if she tells us to lay down our weapons or they will die, or something of the sort, we must call her bluff and stand true." At this he looks to Lia. "I'm sorry." The paladin continues "I do not like this situation, not one bit." "Walking into a trap set by a green dragon is not my idea of fun, but we are the ones who have taunted and enraged her and we cannot leave the elves to deal with the consequences."

Velon acknowledges Poljen's words about dispelling her magic and other such tactics. "Yes, it seems we will have no choice but to enter the lair. We could try to draw her out, but she is likely far too cunning. I thus hope we can enter and begin to look around before she is upon us. We should have our magical detection up right from the start, and we can send our familiars to scout for lack of the arcane eye once we are past the water. As Lawrance seemed to be able to pull off against the Prince, dispelling their magic and counterspelling their attempts at it will be key."

"So, how will we enter? Lia can part water, perhaps, and Lawrance can send an elemental to dig its way through? Perhaps the elemental could dig underneath the current water entrance, draining it and clearing the way for us. Then it could go dig an alternate exit for us elsewhere, perhaps the same one Nerovain caved in on us, distracting them while we make our way in the water entrance? I do like the idea of having the elemental join in the fight with us, keeping Chuth busy. On that note, I think it may be best for Poljen and Morgaine to keep Her busy while the rest of us use all of our magic to try to stop the Prince. He is too dangerous if left unchecked. What do you all say to this? Will you all, sans our two brave warriors, help me find and destroy the Prince?"

"Along with the elemental, Perry has also talked to me some about his polymorph spell. We fear Neronvain could simply counter it, but if we can take him out first Perry could turn someone into an ape or something of the sort large enough to tackle Chuth. I will volunteer if no one else will, but perhaps it should simply be anyone who is gravely wounded in the battle? If I understand what Perry has told me, that would give that person renewed strength to carry on. Grappling her with such a large beast could prevent her from fleeing, as, make no mistake, we are hear to kill her and a retreat on her part is no victory at all on ours."

"Captain Callahan, if we are to enter through the water entrance, could you bring the castle down close and have all ballista ready to fire if she comes out? We also might call and ask you to simply block the entrance by landing the castle right on top of the water. Surely all of the stone under us right now could crush any trees in the way and provide a barricade."

"Please, all of you, speak now if you have ways to improve our plan. I certainly do not know all of the magic some of you hold."

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 4th Jul, 2018 - 5:10pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2018 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia paces back and forth as she looks very distressed." Damn it. We should have finished her off before. Those poor children.... ." Digging her nails into her palms she knocks the items off of a nearby table.

She responds to Velon with an angry voice." I will keep the two warriors alive if we split up in confronting the dragon and the prince. "

She checks her gear and makes sure the cube of force is present." Enough talk. I'm going to kill a dragon." Lia acts as if she forgot what she had said a moment before Once sure she has all of her weapons she walks out. She jumps on her broom and flies down to the lair. Lia holds the cube of force at the ready. Lia activates it, blocking anything from entering. The young cleric screams, "Come out you coward. You are done harming my people. Come out craven Chuth."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 4th Jul, 2018 - 8:27pm

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2018 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia heads down to the lair and makes her challenge, the others not far behind her.

Chuth does not appear at her words, but there is an answer. There is a shuffle, a moaning sound, and the rattle of chains.

A single figure steps out of the lair's entry. A young elven girl, perhaps thirty years of age, the developmental equivalent of a human 6 year old.

The girl's eyes are dead, her skin as pale as a corpse, for that is what she is now. A chain stops her movement, and the small zombie pulls against it, frustrated in its attempts to reach and claw at Lia.

There is a large sign hanging from the dead girl's neck. In the common tongue, it reads, "My name is Ninleyn Emloth. I wanted to be a weaver, like my mother, and make beautiful fabrics for people to wear. This is your fault."

The undead creature poses no threat, even had Lia not had her barrier up. Restrained as it is, it cannot go more than 2 paces from the entry, but getting past will require dealing with it.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Jul, 2018 - 8:41pm

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2018 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1033 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

At Lia's sudden outburst and departure, Lawrance startles and whispers "Hoo, boy. I guess we're ready now. Everyone for the quick drop to the forest floor? I need to get that Elemental brought over NOW!" He gathers up everyone who needs to drop safely on the edge, asking the castle to be dropped as low as possible for his spells, if not grounded so they can charge out.
Out of Character: - Depending on which way it goes, he'll either FFall everyone a very short distance, or run out the gates. Lia's trip on broom shouldn't be too fast, but it takes a minute to summon the Elemental.
Once on the ground, he will summon the Elemental, spending the time needed to bring the huge earthen form across into this Plane. After it has manifested, he will command it "Go forth, my massive friend, and dig us a tunnel as large as you into that mound there. Dig until you reach a cavern or another tunnel, then come and find me! I will be somewhere nearby, possibly in the cavern you find. Defend yourself if you need to."

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2018 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As Lia simply departs from the castle by herself, and then makes sure the enemy knows precisely where she is, Poljen thinks to himself, {I will remind her of this next time she calls me 'impulsive.'} As the group sees Lia facing what appears to be a young elf-zombie, he turns to Velon. "Do we go through here? Or split up and have some of us enter through the water tunnel? It looks as though your girlfriend has forced the issue upon us."

5th Jul, 2018 - 12:18am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

Looking to the others, the drow says, "I will go after her." Zarra will then follow after the priestess, worried because of her outburst and worried what she might do. Yet, it was seeing the figure of the elven child brought the rogue to stop.

"No," She says softly, Looking to Lia to see how she would react and say. Even for Zarra, who has seen the truly horrific and cruel both among her her kin as well above ground with many, this was terrible.

Zarra could see what the dragoness was doing, her psychological tactics unquestionably evil. The drow fears for Lia, knowing this was perhaps the worst thing for her to see right before battle as she says, "Lia, we should fall back and rejoin the others."

Out of Character: Apologies for not replying sooner, hopefully I might be allowed do to have Zarra follow after Lia and be there with her.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Jul, 2018 - 3:34am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Jul, 2018 - 2:03am / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1033

Lady of the Water says...

Morgaine will join Poljen as the group heads down to the water entrance and the ground receptively. Once on the inside she will ready the borrowed scimitar and shield.
"You ready?" she whispers to Poljen .and goes to find a certain dragon.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2018 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1033

Velon has the castle land and steps onto the forest floor from the front gate after everyone has gone running off. He walks slowly to the others as the elemental is summoned. First he speaks quietly to Lawrance "Going to dig us a new tunnel? We try to drain the water tunnel as well, giving us more options."

He then takes a few more steps towards the 'secret' entrance, the zombie elf, Lia and the rest. Velon begins yelling like they've never heard before. "EVERYONE BACK TO THE CASTLE, NOW! Poljen, would you get Lia? Perry, you with me?" He turns and walks slowly back and onto the castle, not watching for anyone's reactions. There he waits to see who comes before he has the Captain and Poppo take off again in another minute or so.

Out of Character: Velon even uses his Dad voice!

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.