Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 113 of 1199

A translation of the writing on the sack says, - Page 113 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Mar, 2017 - 2:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
9th Mar, 2017 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 113

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy, returns to hear the call to retreat to the barricades and gives a sigh of frustration. The Cleric considers the spells he still has and what he might offer but knows that his options were somewhat limited given how there was still a army, if of diminished size, wishing to overtake the city.

Seeing Cahleth and Lia, he says to his companions, "So how would you judge the situation? I see the smoke and know this means there is a fire, but will that help or hinder the army in the long run?" Geoffroy prepares a spell, though places the action at ready for the others to press their attack first as he discusses with them.

Continuing he says, "We need a strategy to drive back the assault, if even for a day, so we can re-assist the situation and perhaps come up with an idea that prevents them from getting farther." Geoffroy is not certain if this is possible, but feels it won't hurt to bring such up.

Specific Action: He will cast Flaming Sphere, positioning it in a place where it will cut off any enemies who get too close and with concentration move it to hit it into any who try avoiding it.

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Flaming Sphere on D6 (+0): 4, 5 (2 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia eyes Geoffroy. " We ignited some casks of alcohol at the gate. That is the fire you see. The fire is the only thing hindering the enemy. Once it goes out they will be through the gate in force. There is no chance of stopping them here or driving them back. We are just buying time for the people to get to the fort. This barricade will just slow them down. Our only chance of stopping them short of the fort was the wall and gates. Now they can bring their numbers to bear on us. I would plan on casting something towards that gate when they start pouring in. Once we get back to the fort I'm confident we can hold them off until help arrives. "

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Round Ten

Poljen keeps searching. There's a long silver signet ring on the man's finger. On it is a symbol depicting a humanoid skull being cleaved from behind by a sword. In his pockets the barbarian finds a strange whistle and a small embroidered sack with elvish script.

Targul engages the third man who breached the gate earlier. The fighter's sword bites deep, severing his opponent's arm and cutting into the torso. The man crumples to the ground.

Geoffroy summons a fiery sphere, positioning it in the gate opening.

Both fires burn merrily, as people gather at the fallback position. You can see movement beyond the gate, but it is very difficult to say what is going on out there.

[Not much action this round. I am going to rule that anyone trying to squeeze past the Flaming Sphere in that position will take damage as if Geoffroy had rammed them with the thing.]

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 113 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen pockets the ring and whistle for now, then hands the bag with Elven script to Lia, figuring she can at a minimum translate what it says. He gestures at the rapier and says, "Does anyone want a fine weapon?"

At Lia's comment about holding the enemy from the fort's walls he says, "We can defend the fort for some time, true, but reinforcements are not due for five days yet." He curses and says, "This is why I wanted to at least scout them, if not attack some last night. We might not have suffered this attack, but even if we had, they would have numbered fewer." He then sees Sar'ai coming over the wall and scowls. He mutters, "Where has she been all this time? With the enemy? After alerting them to our knowledge of them?" He still keeps his sword and new shield ready, but does not make any aggressive moves.

Out of Character: : Did he get any further healing? And does the shield offer any benefits I am unaware of that I need to note on my character sheet?

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 6:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Upon Poljen speak again about attacking the night before Lia rolls her eyes. She looks like she can barely contain saying anything but she remains silent. Hearing him comment about Sar'ai causes her to glance over at the half-drow. " It is very suspicious without a doubt. I haven't seen her since last night. What was she possibly doing out there? She is fortunate my arrow isn't in her right now. I was drawing back to shoot her when she was crossing the wall until she revealed who she was." She takes the bag from him and examines the writing and the contents. Lia will translate the writing for Poljen.

Out of Character: : Im wondering about the healing as well Daishain. Was she able to be healed some last round?

10th Mar, 2017 - 9:44am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

Though in truth there was probably more they could all learn about each other, Geoffroy felt himself give a look of concern as his companions begin doubting one of their own among the Silver Blaze. Half drow or not, she was one of them.

Speaking up, while keeping his attention on the gate and flaming sphere he had created, he says, "Sar'ai was doing what she knows best. I very much believe her heart is with the Silver Blaze and in saving Greenest. She simply overestimated herself with the letter and perhaps did not consider the risk climbing the wall looking as the enemy"

Each of them have made mistakes, and Geoffroy did not feel it was fair for them to begin doubting her. He still was willing to trust Sar'ai as a companion and party member, even if others might doubt her whether by blood or her methods.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Mar, 2017 - 3:26pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 113

Lia nods at Geoffroy. " I'm sure she underestimated the danger of climbing the wall looking like the enemy. That isn't the issue with me. I don't understand why she was out amongst the enemy like she was in the first place. Of course she wasn't the only one to be on the wrong side of the wall. " Lia frowns.

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 113

A translation of the writing on the sack says, 'When the land cannot provide.' The script has the feel of arcane writing, and Lia suspects the words may be a command phrase.

In regards to healing, the engagement has already produced quite a number of wounded, and the healers only expect more. If someone insists and/or has particular need of it, they will heal them. But otherwise they are becoming increasingly wary of using up dwindling resources on anyone not too injured to make it back to the fort on their own feet.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.