Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1171 of 1199

"You, sir, are most helpful. Thank you." - Page 1171 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Oct, 2018 - 2:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1171

The gnome continues to scribble down notes furiously, but eventually sets their pen down and says, "I have little interest in dragons, overrated magic lizards that usually don't even live up to their own potential. We have had to fend off a few in our time, but had no need of something specific to them for that. Take the blue outside for instance, it managed to wreck one of our constructs before it fell, but the damage should be repaired easily enough."

Summer Smiles at Velon's uncertainty, "They are two, although even before they decided to join bodies, they were inseparable. I am uncertain what led them to make such a change, it was an unusual decision even by their standards."

Winter speaks up from the door, "As to what this Army seeks, I believe I have discovered the answer. If you would be so kind as to follow me I can explain."

As he walks Winter says, "The master and mistress do not build weapons of war as I mentioned before. As to Dragon related items, there are some useful items, but nothing that I can think of that will be worth this kind of effort. I tried to think of things that would be useful in another sense, with the assumption that these people intended to face large numbers of dragons. It would also most likely be something that others outside of this place could have seen, we do not exactly announce everything that we have here. There is one item that could meet those criteria."

"This it's perhaps one of the less flattering stories I could tell, but shortly after this place was built, we discovered that this region was frequently visited by huge flocks of geese. They would fly in, land, and frolic about. The mess was unbelievable, feathers and excrement everywhere. Obviously that would not do, so a solution was sought. I'm afraid they went a little overboard. It will be easier to show you."

Winter leads those who follow to another room. Within are large contraptions on pedestals. Each has a plaque at the base with a name and a slightly glowing crystal. Winter shows you to one with half a dozen glass spheres. Each of them is about 2 ft in diameter, and filled with a white liquid. The plaque reads, 'Goose Buster mark I'

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Oct, 2018 - 6:13pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Excellent work, Winter, thank you." Velon follows along as instructed until he's standing in front of the Goose Buster mark I. "So what does it do? Ah, you know, more specifically than busting geese, that is…? "

He looks back at Morgaine, Taz, and Lawrance and shrugs his shoulders, but with a hopeful expression as Winter seems to have discovered the answer to the question of the day.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Perry nods along in agreement as the gnome disparages dragons, "Indeed, quite the pests those overgrown lizards are. Been saying that this whole time myself, hruff-puff. You know, I had a bit of a run-in myself with a rather rotund green one earlier. Terrible business that was. Ruffle-fluffle Hmm, that blue one outside was a rather young one though I believe, wot? The larger ones can be much more problematic, you see."

Perry grumbles on for a time.

"Which is exactly why we should be looking for… whatever it is they are looking for, wot! We need to find it quickly or begin figuring out a smart way to take out those savages on your doorstep! I shan't let such evildoers bring any harm to this fine establishment."

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1171 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Winter kneels down and fiddles with the crystal at the base of the pedestal. An image appears on the nearby wall. It shows two gnomes in robes a male and a female hunched around a strange-looking Ballista. Loaded into the contraption is a sphere much like the ones before you. The ballista is managed by a construct you have not met, and aimed at an oncoming flock of geese.

The moving image follows and zooms in on the sphere as it is launched towards the birds.

The sphere detonates, releasing a huge cloud of vapor that envelops and swiftly solidifies around the flock of birds. The entire mass plummets out of the sky, smashing through trees when it lands.

Winter sighs and says, "That fiasco caused far more damage than it was intended to fix. Shortly afterwards, they realized that a few simple wind spells would suffice to keep the flocks at bay. In any case, imagine if that was a flight of dragons instead. I have no doubt that a dragon will be able to break free in a minute or two. That material is relatively weak and porous. However, until it does, it will be trapped and as flight capable as a stone."

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon nods at the display at rubs his chin with his thumb and index finger. "Winter, I have two, well actually three, questions for you. I don't mean to offend but, for one, would your wizard friend, ah, er, friends, I guess, ever consider selling one of these? It would be for a good cause, of course."

"Two, are there many more as excellent as yourself around that may be looking for new work? We have a unique home of our own, as you may have seen in the sky today, and could use someone like you. I don't mean to try to steal you yourself away from these fine wizards, of course. They seem to need you, after all."

"Anyhow, to the third question and the matter at hand. How should we best rid your home here of the 'ruffians' outside? We could simply go attack them for you, but will all of the talent of these wizards and all of these fine devices I would guess that you have other ideas?"

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

After watching the mystical recreation of the effectiveness of the spheres, Lawrance says "These would probably be what the army is looking for, although I still think they have applied far more resources to acquiring these than is reasonable. Perhaps they hoped there was more in here beyond their primary objective?"
To Velon, he comments "There was a mention of being able to copy Winter and his peers. If that was within reason for our resources, perhaps they'd allow us to do so?"
Turning back to Winter, he continues "I understand that all of you have different functions. Can you give us a short-form list of the various specialties you and your peers have? Having a brother or sister of yours help us in our battle may be invaluable."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Oct, 2018 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1171

Winter states, "They might be after other things as well, but even if this is their only specific objective, capturing this place, gods forbid, would be a major windfall of wealth as its contents are sold or traded off. It should be more than enough to cover the expenses of such an endeavor."

"There are two others like Summer and I. You saw Autumn in that recording. She generally handles matters outside of the walls, trading, hunting, gathering. She also tends to be the one handling weaponry for the master and mistress. Spring is our groundskeeper. I suspect that he is outside working to repair the damage caused by this army wherever he can sneak to without being spotted. He can be rather stubborn in that regard. Summer manages the tower itself. Mostly that means directing the small army of lesser servitors in keeping it clean and orderly. I manage the master and mistresses' wishes, coordinate the other three as best I can, make sure they each have what they need, and am the primary liaison for the occasional guest we entertain."

"The four of us are quite content where we are, and as you surmised, our makers are rather in need of us. It should be quite possible for the makers to create another like us, but that is not a simple request, nor a swift one. There are other constructs of course, but, well… "

"There are what master Panfiz calls figments, mirror reflections of real beings with a bit of life breathed into them. The medusa and sphinx you encountered before are two of such. But the reflection in your mirror ceases to be without the mirror. Likewise, the figments here would cease to exist if they left this place."

"The rest are simple things, capable of following directions, and usually built to a limited purpose. They're not really able to adapt or capable of independent thought. But if that is all you need, by all means make a request. Such have been traded to others before."

"As to these orbs, it should be possible. I might even be able to convince them to donate several if the cause is what I suspect. If not though, payment might be an issue. The master and mistress have little interest in money, instead preferring to trade for items of interest and rare bits of knowledge."

"As to the ruffians, I can think of a few ways, but our surest options involve getting the master and mistress to treat this seriously. You have already handled the bulk of their forces, for that we must thank you."

Master Panfiz states, "I think I shall simply ask them. Whatever it is might be worth less than getting some peace and quiet around here."

And with that, the gnome sets off again, heading downstairs.

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2018 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1171

"You, sir, are most helpful. Thank you." At that, Velon suggests that maybe they should get back and inform the rest of the group what they have learned. Per Winter's advice, he figures they have to go along with the wizards until they agree to help. He does not know that things have just become more urgent with Master Panfiz and is thus in no particular rush to go stop him from waltzing outside.

Out of Character: . Yikes! Crazy wizards… Daishain I, of course, leave it to you to let us know when Velon and the rest meet up with the rest of the party. [Thanks]

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.