Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 126 of 948

The time is mid afternoon, and it will be - Page 126 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Mar, 2017 - 2:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 126

Most haven't stated their preference Ninja. I vote for a long rest. There is really nothing else our characters can do for now anyways. Exiting the tunnel is probably out of the question for some time. . Onthar knows where the Silver Blaze is. They will contact us if they need us. That's how I feel anyways.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Agreed, if they contact us prior tour long rest finishing we can decide what we do then. Do I read this correctly, a long sleep fully heals us and we receive 1/2 our level in HD back?

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

That is correct Ninja. After the day our party has had we need it. We had a huge battle at the gate earlier before we met Fay.

I agree with you about Healing Word, Ninja. I almost never use Cure Wounds. On top of healing word being a bonus action it actually has range. I don't like trying to touch someone on the shoulder in the middle of combat to heal them. After battle Cure Wounds is better but why not use healer kits or a short rest to heal when possible? Spell slots are so precious in this campaign so far.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 29th Mar, 2017 - 11:50pm

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 126 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

All right, I guess I'll assume the consensus is to rest until 8 hours have passed, or you're interrupted.

I'll make a major update on that premise. Aiming for 2 AM GMT if someone wants to dissent.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I am good with a long rest as it will help a lot of us plus our spell wielders can get their spells back.

Besides I could not have gotten worse rolls on my HP from listening to the music.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 30th Mar, 2017 - 1:11am

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I apologize but I just want to make sure things are clear. Sir Onthar is asking us to be parts of the archers at the kill boxes, correct? Keeping "Them" on point refers to the volunteer militia archers, yes? Or do they also need ground troops for the kill boxes?

Also, his remark about wanting a patch of sky to go dark… what time of day is it? And what precisely does he mean by that? I could ask all this in character, but I think it would be easier of we just hash it out here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 126

Patch of sky to go dark with arrows to rain down upon the enemy forces. A hail of arrows was always seen as darkness in the sky before they rained down.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 126

The time is mid afternoon, and it will be late afternoon at the time he's asking for support fire. (You guys went back to bed at around 8 AM, you lazybones tongue.gif)

As to the rest, a kill box refers to preselected coordinates for a long range strike. A bunch of artillery, bomber planes, (Or in this case archers), aim roughly at an area, with the intent of saturating it with fire rather than aiming at a specific target. The term is a bit of an anachronism, as I think it was first used sometime in the past century or two, but it works rather well here.

Or to put it another way, they don't want ground forces or archers to be at the kill box. They expect to be pursued, and want people at the fort to shoot at the kill box at the right moment. Namely right after they pass through the area, but before the enemy has a chance to exit.

Keeping "Them" on point mostly refers to keeping order among all the rookies up there. If too many of them aren't aiming the right way, and/or fire at the wrong time, the effect might be spoiled, not least by possibly causing some friendly fire casualties.

And Cratol has it right about the go dark comment.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:01am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.