Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 128 of 948

On the plus side, you guys have at minimum - Page 128 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Mar, 2017 - 10:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 128

500 gp is very cheap. I would think it would be higher but there are many things that can help on learn and speak different languages. IF this is readily available Cratol has 500 gp that he could use to get another language.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Bear in mind that gold is a little harder to come by in this edition than in 3.5e. The difference isn't huge, but it takes a while before 500 gp isn't a notable cost.

But anyways, that is pretty much what I was thinking, the price for that item is competing with other things, including spells that cost nothing to cast, and they only have time efficiency to justify the cost hike.

If Cratol asks, there is a merchant in the cavern with you who normally carries such things, he may have a language you want to learn in stock. But said stock is over in his store, which may or may not have already been looted, so he won't be able to help you for now.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I have to say, after spending so much time playing AD&D, Dungeons & Dragons 3e, and 3.5e I didn't think I'd like this edition, but I do. It is well thought out, I like the differences quite a bit, and the more I hear the more I like it.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 128 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. It isn't perfect, but little can be described as such.

30th Mar, 2017 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Friendly Necromancer says...

In thinking about Onwens ultimate goal of resurrecting his former love I was thinking that his class is a little bit problematic because there are no wizard spells that I am aware of that can accomplish this. The resurrection spell can be cast by a bard or a cleric.even though it is of the school of necromancy, it doesn’t list wizards as being capable of casting it.

I wondered if I could design a similar spell that Onwen would be researching that accomplishes basically the same thing as the Resurrection spell but in a slightly different manner, and with some negative consequences to go with it. The spell would be 6th level but could be cast by a wizard and operates in much more shall we say necrotic way. I’d place it at a lower level than resurrection because of it includes some negative effects and consequences and basically utilizes blood magic.

Range: Touch
Compenents: V S M
Material: A diamond worth at least 1,000gp which the spell consumes
Duration: Instantaneous
Casting time: 1 hour
Level: 6
School: Necromancy
Classes: Wizard, Warlock, Sorcerer

“You touch a dead creature that has been dead for no more than a century, that didn’t die of old age, and that isn’t Undead while at the same time touching a living creature of equal or greater size. The dead creature's soul is ripped from whatever plane it inhabits and is returned to the targets body with all of its hit points. The living creature may make a Wisdom save but is killed in the process if it fails. The spell fails if the creature makes its wisdom save. If the soul is unwilling to return it must make a successful Wisdom save to avoid being returned to its body. This is generally a harrowing experience for the soul and there is a chance (10-25% per discretion of Dungeon Master, maybe 10% for willing subject and 25% for an unwilling one that fails its wisdom save) that it may cause insanity in the subject of the spell.

This spell neutralizes any poisons and cures normal diseases afflicting the creature when it died. It doesn’t, however, remove magical diseases, curses, and the like, if such effects aren’t removed prior to casting the spell, they afflict the target on its return to life.

This spell closes all mortal wounds and restores any missing body parts; however any missing body parts reform as functional but with a shriveled and decayed appearance.

Coming back from the dead is an ordeal. In addition to the 10% chance of insanity the target takes a -4 penalty to all attack rolls, saving throws, and ability checks. Every time the target finishes a long rest, the penalty is reduced by 1 until it disappears.

Casting this spell to restore life to a creature that has been dead for one year or longer taxes you greatly. Until you finish a long rest you can’t cast spells again and you have disadvantage on all attack rolls, ability checks, and saving throws.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 30th Mar, 2017 - 9:39pm

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am thinking of adding two lines:
-Any afflictions, physical or otherwise, suffered by the sacrifice at the time of death will be transferred to the resurrected individual. This includes any infirmity due to age if the sacrifice is notably older than the resurrected.
-In the event of insanity, a casting of Greater Restoration grants the subject a DC 15 Wisdom save. Success restores the subject's mind. Failure worsens the mental instability, and reduces the subject's Wisdom score by 2. This ability damage can only be undone if the mind is restored first. In the event this reduces Wisdom to 0, the subject sinks into a vegetative state, and a restoration is no longer possible save via Wish or similarly powerful effects.

What do you think?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 31st Mar, 2017 - 1:36am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 128

I don't know about the rest of you but Lia will not be alone with Onwen. He is probably eyeing our characters for who to sacrifice *wink* Thankfully she doesn't trust him too much anyways so no metagaming involved.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 128

On the plus side, you guys have at minimum until 11th level before he'll be ready to actually pull this off, which will take a while.

Of course, by that point, Onwen will probably be quite impatient so… tongue.gif.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Mar, 2017 - 10:32pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.