Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 130 of 948

Fay's plan is keeping the archers - Page 130 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Apr, 2017 - 3:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 130

Thanks Poljen. Can I assume Cahleth attunes to the rapier during this long rest? Anything special I need to do?

Also, would anyone else prefer that weapon? I'm rarely in melee since I'm most effective at range. I can change my tactics though if no one else wants it.

Reconcile Edited: RyanJ on 31st Mar, 2017 - 5:16pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It takes one hour to attune to a weapon, and yes you can have done that during the long rest.

Attuning to a magic item grants the owner knowledge of what it can do, and is usually the easiest way to figure that out. However, it should be noted that blindly attuning to something can be dangerous, as doing so will activate any curses placed on the same.

Do note that a character can by default use a max of three attunement items at once, though swapping something out can be done at the same time as attuning to something else.

And I'm actually wondering if your new buddy Fay would like it. He is likely to be in melee notably more often than Cahleth.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 31st Mar, 2017 - 5:41pm

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: While the balista is not that great at accuracy if you get a decent roll maybe you can hit the leader Cyan with one of the big bolts. That should do some serious damage to him right before the others attack him and his command.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2017 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 130 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

If you guys want to get prepped in any particular way, or do something prior to Onthar's group making contact with Cyanwrath's, now would be the time.

If nothing else, those civilian archers look like they need some direction.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2017 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen is too focused on watching with his spyglass, but maybe if we fire a ballista at a different location, it might keep the bad guys looking the wrong way. But I am going to leave that up to the others.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2017 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is there an area with enemy we can target that is not near a kill box and is also not the leadership encampment? The target also needs to be away from the route our allies will take for their assault.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2017 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 130

The most likely target with those stipulations would be the group to your south.

Saturating the area with bowfire would not exactly be recommended, as there are a number of innocent townsfolk in the area. But there are a few enemies further away from the prisoner lines that could be targeted by the ballistas and/or the more skilled archers with next to no risk of friendly casualties. You probably wouldn't pick off more than a handful before the rest find cover and/or use the prisoners as shields, but you'd definitely get their attention. Catch is, if the plan is to distract Cyanwrath's bunch, they may or may not have a means to even know the southern group was hit for a while.

Hitting the northwest group instead would solve that problem, but presents additional risks, as there aren't currently any targets both in the open and well clear of the prisoners. Chances are good you'd hit the right target, but that isn't certain.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Apr, 2017 - 3:31pm

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2017 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 130

Fay's plan is keeping the archers focused on the kill boxes. Being barely trained Fay thought it'd be hard for the to lift and shift. That is why Fay asked Lia to ensure they are looking in that direction. Once that is done I think a good plan would be to have the ballista target the group to the south. The sound when they fire should be enough to get the attention of the command group. Then, Lia and Cahleth, our skilled archers, can target the northwest group. Hopefully, this will give the command group two things to think about and distract them enough for our plan to work. [By The Way], since Fay only has a light crossbow I expect he can't help with either group.

Group, do we agree?

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 1st Apr, 2017 - 4:00pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.