Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 133 of 948

In other words you are saying we will have - Page 133 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 133

The scene with the dragon flying in reminds me of Smaug attacking Lake-Town. They killed Smaug but I'm guessing that this dragon isn't missing armor anywhere. I do have to say that this campaign certainly gets your attention. We are only in the beginning stage and we have experienced mass combats, city sieges and now a dragon attack *smile*.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

How long would it take Poljen to dash down to the cavern and get outside to ride towards the barn? I ask because if he has time to make that work he would do it… I have a good solid plan B mind you. But if heading out would make a difference he would do it. If there is essentially no time for that, I am ready with an alternate plan.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Paul, If one is taking a horse down that way, it take several minutes just to go down the stairs. The animals really are not built for it. The stairs are shallow enough for it to be doable, as Onthar and the others demonstrated, but it can't be rushed. Whether on foot the whole way or inching down and then riding, Poljen is looking at at least a ten minute trip. Which I suspect is longer than you'd hoped.

And Kyr, I aim to please.

Interesting bit of trivia concerning the original module. This is approximately the moment the game would have begun before I started messing around with it. Players would start outside Greenest, see this dragon attacking, and be expected to run towards the thing. Oh, and they'd be level one when deciding to make this charge…

I bumped up the horde's strength along with your starting level if you're wondering, and the original game doesn't have you actually engaging the dragon right off, but still.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:31pm

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 133 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yea, I kind of figured the time would be way out of reach… so time for plan B. And I am digging this idea, so it might be even more cinematic and epic!

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain,

According to the DMG the ballista can be fired once every three rounds. But I'm not sure hoe you are handling this. Since Fay and the other ballista just fired at the dragon. Do they have to wait a few rounds before they can fire at the barn as Poljen asked?

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

At the moment of my last post, the dragon is still out of range of the ballista, and it will remain that way for another half minute, the actions you declared won't actually be taken until I post again.

You have enough time to fire a bolt at the barn, and reload and reaim in time to try for the dragon itself when it does come closer.

Unless you're trying to do something fancy like blow the door open, you don't even have to roll to hit the barn.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:14pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 133

If we try for the door, what would we roll? And if we miss, would we still hit the barn anyway? That is the minimum Poljen wants. But doing it for the door would be kind of cool!

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 133

In other words you are saying we will have issues hitting the broad side of a barn? Well that is good to know smile.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.