Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 134 of 948

Nyzahr is trying to get out of the caverns - Page 134 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 7:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 134

I think it will be fairly easy to distract the dragon. Once the ballistas fire at him they are a huge threat. The dragon will know they are probably the only thing we have that can hurt it much. I foresee having a dragon for company very soon at the fort. One hit from its breath weapon is probably instant death for any of us. Should be fun *wink*.

Daishain, can we tell from the fort how large the dragon is? Would we know if it is a young dragon or an adult dragon? Just trying to get a size reference and to know how badly this will all hurt.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Just roll an attack at disadvantage to get a specific outcome on impact. The effective AC is pretty low, and yes, you would still hit the barn even if you miss the mark to be all dramatic with the door.

As to the dragon, when it gets a bit closer you'll be able to estimate its length as about 10 long paces nose to tail tip, and about 15 for the wing span (Huge size category). This and other factors such as scale and eye hue would lead someone familiar with such creatures to conclude that you are dealing with a mature adult.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:59pm

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay, just for fun here is a couple of rolls for the ballista at the barn… and I pray we don't roll a 1. I am not sure if we get any bonuses or not, so I will roll straight up.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 134 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'm not saying I believe in jinxes but… that was perfect timing. I can see the ballista just coming apart *smile* Never mention about rolling a one. It's a rule I live by.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, then if it's agreeable to you the rolls I made will be when the dragon is in range and we'll shoot at the barn one time without any rolls. We don't need to blow the doors off of the barn.

EDIT Oops, I see I've been coopted here and we already tried to hit the bard door. Okay, that it for the other weapon, my weapon simply tried to hit the barn… nothing fancy.

EDIT 2 This is for the group, it occurred to me, is there any way for us to move that sphere?

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 3rd Apr, 2017 - 5:20pm

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ninja, I don't think we can. The only spell casters we have that are skilled in illusion are either gone from the game or in the caverns oblivious to the dragon. Even then their illusion spells are very short range. We have nothing that can actually affect that illusion over the barn. If we had a magic user place a similar illusion above the walls of the fort it might work. Again though it would need to be a NPC because of the location of our casters.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 3rd Apr, 2017 - 6:13pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 134

One of the men with Onthar knows some basic illusion magic, as already demonstrated, but that doesn't help you much at the moment. And that's about it.

Only way to get rid of the illusion I can think of given your current resources is to find and deal with the one casting it. But just getting out there to look would take more time than you have at present.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 134

Nyzahr is trying to get out of the caverns at the moment, as mentioned in my last post on Main Thread, but chances are that:
1. She has no idea what is happening outside and could take a while to figure it out
2. She only has very few illusion skills, and quite weak at that (I.e. Thaumaturgy, Mage Hand and the like)
3. She will use her Invisibility spell as soon as she's outside, so it's very unlikely anyone on the walls will be made aware of her arrival on the scene.

And that's only IF she makes it out in time… Cratol, Geoffroy will have to "Say the word", quite literally.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 3rd Apr, 2017 - 8:01pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.