Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 137 of 948

Though as usual I had another idea while swimming. - Page 137 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Apr, 2017 - 3:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 137

Yes, if they brought in the dragon at the gate they would have killed a lot of people. I think you are onto something Paul. . Among other things they want as many captives as possible. They don't want to kill everyone. They can't get into the fort so they bring the dragon in to cause terror and make us surrender. I'm worried about reinforcements arriving now with a Blue Dragon controlling the sky.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I was about to comment that Fay forgot to add a proficiency bonus on the ballista attack roll. He doesn't add Dexterity, but he can add proficiency from the gunners to that (So +2 on each)

But then I had a thought and checked. Didn't add that to the previous rolls either. Bumping the previous roll of 18 up to 20 turns it from a miss to a hit. I apologize for not noticing sooner

I'm going to let the previous main thread post and its outcome stand, and instead give you that hit for the sake of the next one, which would otherwise have been another two misses. Fair enough?

P.S. The damage is 3d8+10, not 3 times 1d8+10, the dice roller adds the modifier to each die. If that won't work out right, just leave the modifier off and make a notation in the description.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Daishain,

That sounds eminently fair and I'm sorry about the +10 to each die. I didn't think about that. I'll just roll the damage dice from now on and add the +10 after the result of the 3d8 comes out. My guess is the group has a pretty pissed off dragon on its hands now. undecided.gif.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 137 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As long as the dragon is flying, Poljen is happy to shoot at it. But if it lands for a melee fight with Onthar and company, Poljen is calculating how long it would take him to get there, using the ropes to climb down they had talked about having in case we needed to climb up into the fort after the initial fighting outside. He would have no horse once he hit the ground unless he took one from a bad guy or such, but he would consider it once he saw where the beast landed. Just wanted that posted so if it becomes conceivable we are on the same page.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Having the dragon around can cause more issues than they may have wanted to. If we can get the dragon to breathe towards us and we move away at the last minute so it hits the invaders that could work in our favor. Yes it may take a bit to bring down a dragon but we can still make this work in our favor.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Good luck dodging lightning though. We could kill the dragon if it lets us keep shooting at him for about an hour. The dragon has a huge mobility advantage. Even mounted on horses he has an advantage. Then the horses will be terrified of a dragon and you will be on foot.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 4th Apr, 2017 - 3:36pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 137

Yes, agreed, this is going to be tough. But dragons have a huge self-preservation instinct. Not trying to meta game here. I think that would be common knowledge for most of us. If we can hurt it maybe it'll fly away to lick its wounds. Of course, we have a significant enemy then. Also, I'd prefer not to have to dodge lightning bolts. That's not an easy task! rolleyes.gif.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 137

Though as usual I had another idea while swimming. Just in case the troops keeping watch on the base of the ramp from the gates of the fort down into the town proper decide to move to intercept Sir Onthar (Hey, they probably see the big red ball too), Poljen will yell down into the courtyard that any horses currently in the stable should be saddled and ready to be brought out. If those troops move out, Poljen will jump down and grab one and ride out and down, hoping to scatter those troops and keep them from getting to Onthar. At worst if they come right back at him, he will head back in. He just wants to maximize Onthar's chances. Anyone who wants to join him in causing havoc is welcome to come along… should these very specific circumstances come to pass.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.