Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 138 of 948

Okay, I'm rolling for the bardic inspiration - Page 138 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Apr, 2017 - 3:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 138

Also, for Nyzahr's sake:

-Cyanwrath seems to have inherited blindsense from the draconic side of his heritage, it doesn't let him directly counter invisibility and the like, but it does let him sense that something is in nearby spaces, even if he can't actually see it. It makes the buggers tough to sneak up on.
-The chanting group to Nyzahr's west is not the one with Cyanwrath, it is simply one of the two big looting bands. To get to the commander, the short route would be north, through the area where Onthar is playing cat and mouse with the dragon.
-As soon as the tiefling gets away from the tunnel entrance and the natural features that partially conceal the area, she can see the red sphere up in the sky to her north, as well as the dragon.

Given that, where would she proceed?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Apr, 2017 - 4:37pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That's my hope Ninja. Hit our dragon friend enough where he will leave. Facing an adult dragon at level 4 is terrifying. I can't imagine as the original adventure was written they were level 1. An adult dragon isn't something you encounter every day at level 1 or level 4.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: To be fair with random monster encounters a person of any level can run into a dragon but a good Dungeon Master will give the players a chance to avoid it if they can at lower levels. I have run into a dragon a couple times as a level 1 and lived to see another day for those characters so this is not so bad *smile*

Now that we are hitting the dragon it would do a couple of things. It can attack those who are hurting it and thus expose itself to further attacks or it can run away and let us deal with the main army and kill them. I would think that they would be disheartened to see the dragon flee.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 138 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Current scene with Onthar is about 500 feet away from the fort. The dragon is sitting on the far side of a road, in between you and the paladin.

The Urd sorcerer appears to have put up some manner of wind barrier in between you and the dragon, but it doesn't seem to extend high enough to cover the caster as well.

The boards being brought up to the walls are there for the sake of defending against the dragon's breath. Their use requires two strong men doing nothing but manhandling the things, and can shield two in addition to those holding it. In essence, those sheltering behind it gain the equivalent of the rogue's evasion ability. Those behind it take half damage vs Dexterity save for half effects if they fail the save, and take no damage if they pass it.

There are a few catches, in any round where a breath attack is used against a shield, there's a 50% chance that any ranged attacks made by those sheltering behind it will be spoiled as the shield bearers move it into position. This provides zilch defense if the dragon closes in for melee, and they aren't able to shield those at the ballista.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I knew it was too much to hope… I figured the troops keeping us penned in the fort would be too disciplined and would not break away to go after Onthar and his raiders… oh dear… I hope we can do enough damage to the mage so his spell drops, and we can target the dragon again. New target: the magic-wielding Urd, and if the wind wall drops, the dragon. Let's get to it folks!

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Can we target the sorcerer with the ballista? If so, what are our plusses and minuses, advantages () and disadvantages?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 138

You can indeed target the Urd. Same deal as with targeting the dragon. He is getting a small boost to AC for being such a small target at long range, but that's on my end.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 138

Okay, I'm rolling for the bardic inspiration to be used on the 1st shot. I'm also rolling the extra damage for the [Critical Hit] on the 2nd shot.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.