Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 140 of 948

I'm so very glad it does more damage… - Page 140 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Apr, 2017 - 9:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 140

Yeah, sorry there's not much to do down there. The men of the Flaming Fists should arrive shortly, followed by the last two survivors of the Order.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

My thinking is to fire the last ballista shots and flee below. There is no one down below to need distraction with the dragon. What purpose does it serve to fight the dragon on the walls? Abandon the walls to the dragon and we lose nothing. Fighting it will result in a lot of character deaths. My feelings anyways.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 5th Apr, 2017 - 7:39pm

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Until we know for sure the troops outside the fort's walls are NOT coming, Poljen intends to stay topside. If they plan on using the dragon to clear the walls and towers so they can storm the gates, he wants to know. Therefore he is willing to stay up at least long enough to see what is going down. Assuming he can conquer his fear.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 140 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Wow, quite a litany

Just a suggestion for next time Paul, you could have saved yourself some work and condensed that down to only five lines:

Dexterity save
Wisdom save
R1,2,3,4,5 attack
R1,2,3 disadvantage
R1,2,3,4,5 damage.

Or something else like that.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 5th Apr, 2017 - 8:40pm

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I know… but I always get this paranoid feeling that it will add all the dice together, no matter how many times I do it right… sorry.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Question, I didn't put an attack action for round five Fay because I wasn't sure whether he could actually attack on round five. When does Fay's ballista actually fire… is it round three? If so, he will fire his crossbow on round four and fight with swords on round five. Let me know and I'll add the rolls if I need to.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 140

Ballista's reloading and reaim cycle takes three rounds. Its firing off on round four, and you can indeed perform some other action in round five if you wish.

You can tell the crews to just abandon the things after the round four shot, or to try and reload if the dragon isn't immediately going after their particular tower. Your choice.

P.S. You mentioned the stats from the 5E DMG before, I'm not using those. This particular specimen is a little heavier and unwieldy than most, but also more potent.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 140

I'm so very glad it does more damage… we need that against this particular foe.

EDIT: Party Question - Are we going to fight on the walls or no? I think if we abandon the walls the dragon will simply follow us to ground and attack us there, but I'm not sure of that. If we hurt it enough over the next four rounds perhaps we stand up to it and hopefully kill it with steel on round five. If we don't hurt it significantly then we abandon the walls.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 5th Apr, 2017 - 10:31pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.