Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 141 of 948

Kn, the ballistas are up on top of the two - Page 141 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Apr, 2017 - 12:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 141

Poljen's round 5 actions might change slightly, depending on what the dragon does… and on his reaction to the fear. But I will hold off for now on any contingency posting.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Well I feel this situation has both a pro and a con. The con is most of the party may be killed. The pro is that whoever survives will get so many experience points to bump them up 5 levels *wink*.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay, since Bless is a d4, I think, I will roll all 4 rounds of it. And I will do it in one line… or at least try to…

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 141 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I just have a terrible feeling about this. If we don't do enough damage before the dragon gets to us it will be ugly. He chewed through Onthar and his followers like they were children. If we try to withdraw at that point there will be lightning bolts hitting us in the back and pure dragon terror.
Daishain, if we surrender the walls to the dragon can the dragon get at us down below or does the fort have a roof? If the dragon can't get to us I vote retreat. No way we beat an adult dragon. Lia isn't big on suicide.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 5th Apr, 2017 - 11:11pm

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Before I post Fay's actions for round five I'm going to see who can actually move in to attack. I think Fay made his roll, but if both of the fighters make their fear saving roll Fay will give them the room to attack first and Fay will support with his crossbow and magic. He understands letting the fighters do their job. They tend to deal more damage and against this monster a lot of damage is what it's all about. If one or both of them misses their fear saving roll, then Fay will move in to attack.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Okay, I think I see how I screwed that up… I will try again here, and roll a 5th and 6th time, for the Dexterity and Wisdom saves…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 141

Out of Character: The fort has a roof it is a flat roof that you are standing on and that the ballista is on too. I think it is wooden so that will not stop a dragon for long if you head down.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 141

Kn, the ballistas are up on top of the two towers. No roof I am afraid.

Kyr, the fort has an open courtyard in the middle, and it is large enough for the dragon to land in.

Cover can be found within both of the towers, and in the large multistory building built into the southern wall (Contains the barracks, the Castellan's war room, surgery, prison, and armory). All three locations have arrow slits.

Because of this, frankly while the dragon could get down there after you, it would be a poor choice on its part, as it would have limited maneuverability and can be fired upon from multiple angles.

It is better off staying airborne and dismantling defenses from the top down. This behavior makes it more difficult for you to catch it in a clinch, but also can give you time to wear it down without going face to face.

I should also remind you that you have additional unused resources. There are about 50 militia members working with you that can be deployed wherever you think would be best. None of them are really prepared to take this thing head on, but nearly all of them are decent with some manner of bow. The castellan has 20 of them currently working the mobile cover I mentioned before. If in a position likely to be lightninged, I strongly suggest making use of them.

A large number of those civilian archers could probably be rallied as well if you give them a place out of the open to work from, they'd be less effective than others at hand, but could cause damage through sheer volume.

Would people be more comfortable if I resolve the first four rounds rather than five? You could then decide how you want to react in the last few seconds before the dragon gets into striking range.

I am not going to say this is going to be easy, but I swear to you that this is not a hopeless situation, and I will never force you into one with no way out or through. (Not saying you can't charge blindly into one of course).

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.