Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 143 of 948

Paul, On a quick break. As I wrote earlier, - Page 143 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Apr, 2017 - 9:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
6th Apr, 2017 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 143

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy is still within the cave, though on hearing word of the dragon I could see him winning to leave and help his companions in some way.

I say we try to take the dragon out, but perhaps consider more creative solutions then direct attack. For example, I do feel the consideration of trying to outsmart or trick it might be at least something to consider.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Good to hear from you Thomas. Geoffroy would likely have some idea of what is going on up above by now, so feel free to have him join in. Same goes for Elyria, though I imagine her brother wouldn't be thrilled about her coming along for this one.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Apr, 2017 - 3:03pm

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yes, feel free to join us. The more targets the dragon has to choose from the better. I'm waiting for Poljen to jump off the fort walls and land on the dragon' head. He will stab it to death and they will both fall killing Poljen. That would truly be a warriors death. I so picture Poljen doing something like that.

6th Apr, 2017 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 143 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I will get on it, I am just taking time to catch up on some reading before making any posts and considering how I will do so. Thanks for your patience.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Same goes for Nyzahr as for Cratol, she doesn't have a very effective ranged weapon to use in this situation, and her longe-range spells are pretty weak against a beast that size.

Saying this, if her inspection of the city streets doesn't bear fruit she will doubtlessly be making her way back towards the cave and, eventually, up the battlements.

Cratol, that idea of bringing the basilisk upstairs seems highly unworkable, albeit it's an interesting concept. If only we could convince the dragon to get down there instead… but he doesn't seem too open for dialogue just now.
Doesn't leave us much choice.

Still… there may be a way to trick it. Blues are renowned for their pride and they love to feel superior and worshipped. Maybe a way, there, if only we could get him to listen.

Aw, never mind…

*shrugs*

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I never said it was feasible just some musing from Cratol. He is not one to talk a lot but he is one to think a lot.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 143

If we can lure the dragon into the courtyard, that would be great. We can tell the militia folk that are not bearing shields for us to grab bows and get to where the arrow slits are in the towers and buildings overlooking the courtyard. But if the dragon does not come down into the courtyard we might not be able to do more than keep it busy and not really inflict damage.

So if everyone save for Poljen (And anyone who wants to stay on the walls/towers for now) wants to move into better cover down around the courtyard, do it now. If Poljen is the only one to stay up, if it comes for him, he will gladly leap down, hoping it follows him into an ambush by the everyone else.

And just because Lia always thinks attacking is reckless, does not mean that it is actually is reckless. Sometimes he is reckless because he thinks it will help the group. Sometimes he is not actually being reckless, since he is taking calculated risks.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 143

Paul,
On a quick break. As I wrote earlier, Fay will stay and attack, either with crossbow if both fighters attack and there's no room for Fay or with scimitars if if he has room. I think if they do this once or twice and live through it they'll enrage it and it'll follow them down when they jump. When they jump they need to jump together. I will post something about jumping and Fay's actions on the main thread once I see how round one through four went.

Daishain,
What's the distance down. Will Fay and the others take damage if they jump? I have a cure for that if so. Lastly, is there room for Fay to get in there? I'm working on the assumption the battlements are rather narrow and we can only get two people attacking with swords at a time. I could be wrong.

EDIT Also, I think a few of us still need to roll Dexterity and Wisdom saves as the GM instructed… I think. I could have missed them. If so, let's roll so we can move forward. Fay want to kill this thing so he can have a dragon tooth chain. cool.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 6th Apr, 2017 - 9:15pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.