Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 144 of 948

If you're going to stand down on the - Page 144 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Apr, 2017 - 2:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 144

I have an idea. This is working off of the idea Ash had. How about we talk to this dragon? Lia can stay on the wall by herself and instead of shooting everyone can get to safety below. Blue dragons are honorable. If the shooting stops and she poses no threat I don't think it will attack her.

Flattery is what Lia uses all the time. She can flatter the dragon and maybe calm it down. I'm pretty confident that she can negotiate a temporary truce and the dragon will quit attacking the fort. Plus she can try to find out the reason they are attacking.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Apr, 2017 - 9:59pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Knowing Fay like I know Fay, I'm pretty sure he'd have nothing to do with this. First, he just found Lia. Second, he just watched that blue beast bite the head off of an honorable man. Third, he won't let that happen to Lia… he'll give his life first. Fourth, his adrenaline is flowing and he's a dumb man when that happens. Fifth, it may be honorable, but it is evil… the last two are the least important but true.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Abn, don't forget that there's no guarantee the dragon will close in close enough for a melee attack, especially not if it is easier to just fly overhead and breath down.

It is about 30 feet from the walltop down to the courtyard. Towers are another 20 feet higher. If jumping outside the wall in any direction but north, add 30 feet to the effective heights mentioned, as you'd roll down the hill another 50' at a nasty rate.

As to falling damage, its 1d6 bludgeoning per 10 feet of distance, so 3d6 if jumping down from the wall, not horrible, but probably not to be taken lightly either.

I've got Fay's saves, waiting on some from Targul, Cahleth, and Geoffroy, along with whatever they plan to do for now.

For Lia, I should note that I said they were honorable compared to other chromatic dragons, a bunch not exactly known for such virtues. You can probably expect him to abide by his word IF he chooses to give it. But there's no guarantee he will choose to talk in the first place. You'll need to get his attention fast if you want a chance at such a ploy.

In the event you do try it, Blues tend to be rather arrogant and vain. Appeals that you'd be useful to it in some fashion might gain some traction.

P.S. For those who got a 19 or higher on the Wisdom save, congrats, you aren't frightened and don't have to worry about the fear effect any more. If you failed, it may suck a bit, but you can keep rolling the save each round until you pass.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 144 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain,

Now that is rich! I love this game and I love and hate the dice. So, as of now only Lia and Fay can approach the dragon. Perfect. It may be Lia's plan after all! I guess Fay could try to get his attention with a song about his might, intelligence, and beauty. If he stays in the sky and doesn't listen, missile fire it is.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I understand Ninja. She is just trying to save as many as she can. Lia has something to offer. She could heal him of his injuries in return for him not attacking again that day. If everyone wants to fight we will fight. It is problematic if the dragon stays airborne and shoots lightning bolts at us. Once the ballista is out of commission the dragon would easily win the war of attrition versus our bows.

I never rule out negotiaton in bad situations like this. I had a character in another game here that negotiated an alliance with an orc warlord. Everything went very smoothly *wink*. I learned all I need to know about negotiating with a dragon from The Hobbit. I would try not to make any of the mistakes that Bilbo did with Smaug the Magnificent. It would never hurt to make friends with a dragon. Maybe we can turn him from his wicked ways.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Apr, 2017 - 11:05pm

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Personally I think trying to negotiate with a dragon when it is the one dealing form a position of power is folly. But if Lia wants a chance to attempt to parley, Poljen will give it to her… but unless it offers what he considers good terms, he won't accept any deal.

And the reason that orc warlord made a deal with you in that other game is because he recognized he needed something you might be able to give him. I don't see what we can offer this creature, save for not attacking it further. But it probably figures it can take us down anyway, so why deal? I can't wait to find out how things go…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 144

So is everyone going to shoot the whole time or will they stand down ? I will make a post asking them to stop.
Paul, this could very well be folly. If it fails at least everyone but her and Fay will be safe. They can then jump below and hopefully the dragon follows.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 144

If you're going to stand down on the shooting in favor of trying to open negotiations, please decide relatively quickly, I hope to update tonight.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Apr, 2017 - 2:20am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.