Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 16 of 948

If I were to change to any class, it would - Page 16 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jan, 2017 - 8:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 16

Daishain, I know I have posted another round of actions. Is there any way that I can change my action to cast healing word as a bonus action in addition to my shot next turn. Lia would have seen the damage done by the fireball and would want to help. Lia will target Geoffroy as he looks worse off but if he goes down she will direct it at Targul.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Jan, 2017 - 7:56pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Go ahead. It is certainly a reasonable reaction under the circumstances.

That applies to others as well. Geoffroy might for instance choose to grab his paralyzed companion and retreat with him, though that course carries some risk.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Since I already have rolls posted for round 2, I will just say Poljen will target the mage if he is still up. If someone takes the mage down first, Poljen will move to the boss, since he is no doubt going to target Geoffroy and/or Targul who appear pretty ragged. If both are down, well, any nearby opponent becomes fair game.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 16 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomaslee, I don't want you to take this in a negative way. I'm saying this since you are new to 5th edition. The character type you are wanting to play is not viable like it was before. I thought you were going to rely on your light domain blasting spells. Clerics in older versions could fight as well or better than other melee characters with buffs. In this edition that isn't possible. The one attack you have now is all you will get. The other melee classes with greatly outshine you down the road. The main advantage for your character is the blasting spells such as burning hands etc. The paladin is great for what you are doing. I'm just saying this because I don't want you to be disappointed that clerics can't perform in melee like in the past. It's not wrong by any means the way you are playing him. He is a great concept and I really like it. It will be subpar if you wish for melee more than his blast spells though. It is your character and none of my business. I just felt you should know that now.

12th Jan, 2017 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Fair enough, I will try to focus more on his spells particularly from his Light domain. I had not realized that he could not do as well in combat in the sense that he still I though was better at it then other full casters. That, and there was consideration that spells have been acting up.

Still, just a single attack, as in the whole encounter? That doesn't make any sense at all, or do you mean simply a single attack per round? If so, I can adapt to that and change how I play him a bit. Admittedly, while I did wish for him to have some melee focus I also wanted him to be more blasty then a paladin with access to more spells, while also allowing him to be neutral good. That and morninglords of Lathanders are clerics, just with a tad bit more combat focus and being great at turning undead.

Thanks for giving me the heads up.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Jan, 2017 - 8:25pm

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Oh sorry. One attack per turn. Down the road you will do a lot more damage with your spells than in melee. The light domain cleric is the closest to a wizard that a cleric can get. You are welcome about the advice. I know it can be incredibly frustrating playing a character that just won't fit the concept you have in mind. He is still very durable. I could see him as the cleric that charges into battle and hurls fireballs about as an example.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Jan, 2017 - 8:36pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 16

I would not say it truly isn't viable to play Geoffroy that way, but she is right in that you will fall behind if you focus on wading into melee rather than using your spells.

If staying behind the front line and acting as support/blaster really does not suit your vision of the character, then I might suggest making some alterations. Under the circumstances, I think I'd be willing to allow it after this battle is complete. As mentioned, a Paladin fits your theme quite well, and they are not as restrictive about their behavior as they once were. Staying with Cleric, the War domain would be a stronger mechanical choice for someone planning on standing toe to toe with the strongest martial character on the field like you just did. Tempest is pretty good at that too, but is more themed for chaotic characters.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Jan, 2017 - 8:35pm

12th Jan, 2017 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 16

The Quiet Shadow says...

If I were to change to any class, it would be that of a paladin… it just that I already have a couple of paladins I am playing in other campaigns and wanted to diversify a bit. The backstory is pretty unique, but I also want the class to be different.

For now, I will stick will playing a Cleric of Light and just remind myself to have Geoffroy use his spells more often and not jump into combat. Perhaps having it that he fights in combat if the fight comes to him, or another needs immediate aid, but otherwise use his spells?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.