Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 152 of 948

Okay then. Give me one last diplomacy roll - Page 152 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Apr, 2017 - 6:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 152

That was a nice speech hopefully it buys it and leaves us alone. If not there is always plan B, Plan C would be better if you get it to follow you below *smile*.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay everyone, kudos on managing to get the beastie to at least listen… now let's see how this goes.

Daishain, I did assume that Nyzahr made it back inside without problems (And by the way, KN: Cratol did not "See" her coming obviously, but we can assume he figured out she was back when he heard her knocking maybe? ... Or she slipped unnoticed amongst the arriving soldiers, either way), no idea when she will arrive on the scene.

Also no idea how practical her spell-casting plan is, can we assume she would know wether or not it is worth the attempt ? Talking game mechanics, here: the dragon must do a wisdom roll, I checked and the standard ratio is Wisdom 15 for an adult blue - which is pretty long odds already - hopefully this one isn't even more powerful, let's just hope… One more question, could Nyzahr use an Inspiration D6 to help with that, or is that only for her own saving throws, not her opponents ?

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay, one last little speech from Fay. Now, I hope you all trust Fay when he yells jump and you jump with him. I hope the beast either a) listens to his little speech and flies off to consult with Tiamat or b) is enraged enough to follow us down into the courtyard. I'm not quite sure what c is here! Good luck all, it has been grand.

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 152 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Great speech Ninja. It had quite the bardic flourish. Loved the bit about he would rather die a coward than strike the magnificent dragon *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 9th Apr, 2017 - 4:02pm

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, he's a bard and he figures he can twist the truth a bit. Let's see how the dragon reacts. My guess is Fay won't be lying. He won't raise his strong sword arm… rather he'll be aiming his magic and crossbow at the beast as he flies overhead and electrocutes us to ashes. undecided.gif.

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

You would probably arrive after the conversation is over, but as that's no fun, I'll say you get there in time to hear the end of it.

Principal snag in the plan that Nyzahr would likely be aware of is the blindsense as Kyr mentioned. Dragons are somewhat famous for being able to detect the hidden, and she recently had a demonstration of that capability when Cyanwrath pointed out the invisible Poljen at the gates.

Much less commonly known, at least as a distinct ability, is the legendary resistance as mentioned by Kyr. A limited number of times per day, they can turn a failed save into a pass. Meaning one often has to bombard dragons with multiple spells, breath effects, and other like things before they start to actually stick.

I should also note that bardic inspiration can only be added to your rolls, it won't mess with another's saves.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 152

Okay all, I believe it's time to take a leap of faith. Fay is going to grab Lia and jump. Fay will start shooting when he hits the ground. Hopefully the Dragon is enraged enough by Fay's perfidy that he follows Fay to the courtyard.

EDIT Well, it appears Fay's luck held for one more shot. For those who jump I can carry five on feather fall. For those who stay to attack the beast, good luck.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 9th Apr, 2017 - 5:51pm

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 152

Okay then. Give me one last diplomacy roll from Fay if he wants to enrage the thing beyond all reason.

I should note in the interest of surviving being the object of such rage that the nearest cover to Fay capable of really thwarting Lennithon's personal attention would be the base of the southeastern tower.

Everyone else, unless someone interferes with Fay's ploy, I'm going to need initiative rolls and combat actions. Bear in mind that you have the militia to work with, including those shield bearers when contending with the lightning breath.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.