Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 157 of 948

In regards to Nyzahr's suggestion. - Page 157 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Apr, 2017 - 7:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 157

Would Lia have a shot at Lenninthon from where she is in the courtyard or does she need to climb the wall to see? I suppose she has no idea what happened to Targul?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lennithon is in full view at the moment, to her south and well above the wall.

Targul jumped and fell with the eastern wall in between him and those near where Poljen fell. So no, she wouldn't know about it for the moment. Nyzahr and some of the militia witnessed the fall, but the latter at least have other things on their minds.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 11th Apr, 2017 - 3:27am

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

This is just brutal. I feel the only way we can win is by ranged weapons. If we could get 20 people into melee with him that might work. Unfortunately that isn't possible. With only one or two hitting him at once no one can stand up to all the damage he dishes out. The problem with ranged combat is he has that viscious breath weapon. I still think the advantage goes to us with sheer volume of fire. We will lose a lot of defenders before he falls though.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 157 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I am hoping that what we have done combined with the current situation is he finally goes off to lick his wounds… but until he does, we keep shooting. I assume he will come back around when he is ready to breathe at us all. If we are close to a shield, can we get advantage on the Dexterity roll?

EDIT: Never mind. I found the relevant post. If we fail we take half damage, and none if we succeed.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 11th Apr, 2017 - 4:37am

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

All, there will come a point when I cast sleep at 2nd level and pray I get some good rolls. This means Fay is going to save his last 2nd level spell slot. But I think we have to deal a lot more damage and we have to work through its resistance, i.e. Its ability to just disregard spells. How many times can it do this?

Question, can it disregard effects from spells that don't allow a saving throw?

Daishain, if these are things you don't think Fay would know then don't answer this. I don't have the MM and I'm not going to look this up. I'll just wait until I think it's time and trust in luck and pray to Sune and any other god that cares to listen…

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dragons are rumored to have shrugged off powerful spells their casters were sure would have stuck.

Details beyond that wouldn't be in character knowledge.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 157

Perfect, got it and now I know what Fay knows. There will come a time when Fay tries it though. He thinks we need to hit it with whatever magic we can though and hopes there is a limit to how many times any creature can shrug off magic. I'll add a post about this on his next action.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 157

In regards to Nyzahr's suggestion. Rope arrows are pretty much limited to the realm of video games I'm afraid.

Arrows don't have enough momentum behind them to easily deal with the increased drag imposed by a rope strong enough to have an impact on a creature that large, and their aerodynamics will be completely spoiled. You're looking at a range of maybe 50 feet before the thing hits the ground, and the best archer in the world won't be accurately hitting a target that way.

You'd have a much better chance with the ballista, but it won't be as simple as tying on a rope.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 11th Apr, 2017 - 7:58pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.